• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luger

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was going through some boxes that belonged to my father-in-law before he passed... I found what I have discovered is a Lugar in excellent condition and the holster... I will post pics soon, my question is how do I sell it... I was told to take to a gun show but I see many online sites that sell them... Do I need to get it authenticated...? How would I do this...? Where would I get the most for it...? Where would I sell it the fastest...? What is the best price...? I've seen it from $1700-$3500... I know nothing other than that... Oh, and it's 1 of 5000 ever made... It's a King of Monaco edition I believe... PLEASE HELP... Lol

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tell you best bet would be to find a local gun shop who buys used guns and ask them if the do appraisal. The biggest thing you need to do is have someone make sure its a number matching gun along with the holster. Lugers very greatly in price. I would also ask if they do consignments. That would be the easiest way to sell the gun. Most dealers anymore use the internet and take good photos to place in the ad. Taking photos of guns can be hard to get good photos and photos sell the gun. You may also want to get more than one appraisal. Before you sell.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was going through some boxes that belonged to my father-in-law before he passed... I found what I have discovered is a Lugar in excellent condition and the holster... I will post pics soon, my question is how do I sell it... I was told to take to a gun show but I see many online sites that sell them... Do I need to get it authenticated...? How would I do this...? Where would I get the most for it...? Where would I sell it the fastest...? What is the best price...? I've seen it from $1700-$3500... I know nothing other than that... Oh, and it's 1 of 5000 ever made... It's a King of Monaco edition I believe... PLEASE HELP... Lol

Selling guns varies from state to state. As Fox said check with a local gun shop and ask them the questions including the legal questions.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, based on your favorite teams it seems you live in California - is that a safe assumption?

With firearms it depends on the state. Most states don't require anything to sell a gun to a person, in person. Handguns are generally more restricted in more states. So you have a to be a little more careful with a handgun than you would with a rifle or shotgun. In California all gun sales must go through an FFL dealer - more importantly, I don't think you're allowed to legally be in possession of that firearm unless it's registered in the state. So you may want to look into that first. If you live in a state that requires registration - you have to get it registered to you before you can sell it.

If you don't live in California, then it's likely going to be a little easier. But you just have to look up your state. Most states have some Frequently Asked Questions page on their government site dealing with how to handle guns. Here's california's, Frequently Asked Questions | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

Once you get that figured out, some gun stores will sell the gun for you but they take a cut. Otherwise, you can put ads in all sorts of places and sites online and can either sell it through an FFL again (where they take a cut) or sell it in a private sale - which means you may have to go through an FFL but they only charge you a transfer fee (in California).