• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU OL Brumfield out and 2 more OL starters questionable for Ole Miss

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU's Garrett Brumfield out; 2 more offensive line starters questionable for Ole Miss

Brooks Kubena

LSU starting left guard Garrett Brumfield won't play vs. Ole Miss after suffering an apparent left knee injury in the first quarter of the Tigers’ 38-21 win over Louisiana Tech on Saturday, Tigers head coach Ed Orgeron said Monday.

Orgeron said he was unsure when Brumfield would be able to return.

Brumfield is the third starter LSU has lost to injury this season and the second on the offensive line. The others, starting right tackle Adrian Magee (undisclosed) and Buck linebacker K’Lavon Chaisson (left knee), suffered injuries during the season opener against Miami.

Orgeron said Magee would miss two-to-three weeks — a time frame that schedules Magee with a possible return this Saturday against Ole Miss. Orgeron said Monday that Magee and fellow starter Saahdiq Charles are questionable to play.

Charles didn't play vs. Louisiana Tech.

Projected starting right guard Ed Ingram was suspended indefinitely at the start of preseason camp after being arrested on two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a minor.

LSU has not had a consistent offensive line all season. With the loss of Brumfield, the Tigers will have to use its fifth combination of starting linemen against Ole Miss.

True freshman Chasen Hines, who replaced Brumfield against Louisiana Tech, is the listed backup at left guard.

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse than first thought if they are considering this

Coach O on O-line depth, maybe playing converted D-lineman like Dare Rosenthal:
He's not ready. I wish he was. Hopefully we will be getting some of those injured guys back very soon.#LSU

— Scott Rabalais (@RabalaisAdv) September 24, 2018

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss by -17.

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss by -17.

Yeah right, Southeastern gave the Tiger OL hell all game long a few weeks ago. Ole Miss has better offense than them and run tempo. If the D wears done I can see an upset.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right, Southeastern gave the Tiger OL hell all game long a few weeks ago. Ole Miss has better offense than them and run tempo. If the D wears done I can see an upset.
The secret to beating Ole Miss is to let them score on the first play of the game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Ole Miss offense is tough man. They scored 7 points on Bama in 11 seconds.

Disclaimer: the other 59 minutes and 49 seconds doesnt count for moral victories sake.