• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love to Cavs

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Love trade to Cleveland is "official"

Not sure why the front office didn't jump on it. We'll see what happens next. The thing is, I can't see a scenario to improve the team moving forward. Other than Curry, Klay and maybe Barnes taking big steps forward, this team will be essentially a 3-6 seed. Then next year, we'll have to trade Klay or sign him, only there won't be a big market for a game changer in a situation like Love.

He was in a unique situation where he was a superstar coming up on a contract on a small market team in our position of need. Let's face it, you're not gonna get Durant for Klay. So we'll end up overpaying for Klay and getting stuck.

The only silver lining may be that if the cap jumps up enough, we'll be able to pay him and still upgrade by signing a free agent outright. I just don't see it happening.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office must really think they have a shot at retaining Klay for a reasonable amount. I'm not exactly concerned about not getting Love, its more at the potential to lose Klay for nothing.

There's one of three scenarios that will happen from here on out:

1) The Warriors sign Klay to an extension or match a restricted free agency contract offered to him. Numbers would yet to be determined but it's likely the minimum he would sign for would be 14M a year (based on contracts recently given to Parsons & Hayward).

2) The Warriors end up trading Klay for a lesser player than Love.

3) Warriors elect not to match and lose Klay to free agency.

I can live with #1 happening. You have good players...you have to pay to retain them.

If #2 happens, then my faith in Myers/Lacob/West will have taken a big dip.

I can't see #3 happening, especially with the Warriors unwilling to move Klay in a deal for Love. They must really believe they will retain him at all costs.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree Cohan. Although we don't know the exact details on the Love for DLee and Klay trade I liked what I heard and players like Love don't come around very often. I would have done it.

Guys are really stuck on Klay, but we know he's been extremely 1 dimensional on offensive.
He can shoot, but that's it! Now on defense that's another story. He has been great defensively and that's where we would be losing out big time. I guess it doesn't matter now.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office must really think they have a shot at retaining Klay for a reasonable amount. I'm not exactly concerned about not getting Love, its more at the potential to lose Klay for nothing.

There's one of three scenarios that will happen from here on out:

1) The Warriors sign Klay to an extension or match a restricted free agency contract offered to him. Numbers would yet to be determined but it's likely the minimum he would sign for would be 14M a year (based on contracts recently given to Parsons & Hayward).

2) The Warriors end up trading Klay for a lesser player than Love.

3) Warriors elect not to match and lose Klay to free agency.

I can live with #1 happening. You have good players...you have to pay to retain them.

If #2 happens, then my faith in Myers/Lacob/West will have taken a big dip.

I can't see #3 happening, especially with the Warriors unwilling to move Klay in a deal for Love. They must really believe they will retain him at all costs.

Losing K.Love isn't the end of the world. Our 1st team scoring wasn't never the problem. There will be other deals to be had.

I for one am glad we didn't pull the Trigger D.Lee + KLay > K.Love imho.

Who knows, come trade deadline, the DUbs could still make a deal.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's done we can move on now. That is 100% not happening again

People forget that the reason the CP3 trade got blocked was because the NBA was actually in control of the Hornets at the time. They essentially were going to dump CP3 in LA for nothing simply to boost LA's team. It wasn't the NBA front office that blocked it for the sake of blocking it.

I still don't know how Stern doesn't get shredded for this. They have a great PR team. The owners blocked the trade because the 1 team was involved and getting a guy without hitting the open market. The league's front office wanted CP3 in LA with Kobe, and ultimately had to back down because they represent the collective owners.

This isn't one of those scenarios. Owners won't block something like this. Love to Cleveland may be what the NBA office wants, but it wasn't orchestrated by the front office. It's 2 teams working through a trade, where there were multiple competing offers on the table. It's not as if they had Klay and Lee as an offer and moved him to Cleveland for Bennett and a 1st.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that the reason the CP3 trade got blocked was because the NBA was actually in control of the Hornets at the time. They essentially were going to dump CP3 in LA for nothing simply to boost LA's team. It wasn't the NBA front office that blocked it for the sake of blocking it.

I still don't know how Stern doesn't get shredded for this. They have a great PR team. The owners blocked the trade because the 1 team was involved and getting a guy without hitting the open market. The league's front office wanted CP3 in LA with Kobe, and ultimately had to back down because they represent the collective owners.

This isn't one of those scenarios. Owners won't block something like this. Love to Cleveland may be what the NBA office wants, but it wasn't orchestrated by the front office. It's 2 teams working through a trade, where there were multiple competing offers on the table. It's not as if they had Klay and Lee as an offer and moved him to Cleveland for Bennett and a 1st.

Exactly why it's not happening I don't want people on here to have false hope

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing K.Love isn't the end of the world. Our 1st team scoring wasn't never the problem. There will be other deals to be had.

I for one am glad we didn't pull the Trigger D.Lee + KLay > K.Love imho.

Who knows, come trade deadline, the DUbs could still make a deal.

Actually love> lee and klay. And yes scoring was our problem. 12th in offensive effciency and 3rd in defense. Offense was average. Hopefully a better system means 7-9 in offense

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually love> lee and klay. And yes scoring was our problem. 12th in offensive effciency and 3rd in defense. Offense was average. Hopefully a better system means 7-9 in offense

Semantics I suppose, from watching games, I know 1st-3rd quarters, they were great. Then into the 4th quarter, when the lack of depth came into play, they slowed things down.

12th is basically top 1/3 in the league isn't it?

The added depth, no injuries hopefully, should mean they do better this year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics I suppose, from watching games, I know 1st-3rd quarters, they were great. Then into the 4th quarter, when the lack of depth came into play, they slowed things down.

12th is basically top 1/3 in the league isn't it?

The added depth, no injuries hopefully, should mean they do better this year.

I'm thinking 7-10th lack of system last year so they should do better

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

Klay + Green ( no D.Lee ) so far this year > K.Love

17-2 so far , while the Cav's are 11-7 with their "big 3".

Love not getting Love (get it?) :nod:

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to my sources (me being the source) I would not be surprised if Kyrie gets moved. He is supremely talentd but a QB he is not. I trade Rondo and change for Kyrie.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

Klay + Green ( no D.Lee ) so far this year > K.Love

17-2 so far , while the Cav's are 11-7 with their "big 3".

Love not getting Love (get it?) :nod:

Green is providing basically 2/3 of Love's production, maybe more, as a stretch 4, for peanuts. Plus better defense than Love brings.

Lee is proving to be extremely expendable, he will definitely be moved to try to find a way to keep Green. Lee must feel kinda weird about the Ws playing their best ball in FRANCHISE history with him not on the team.

Every choice the Ws have made lately (keep Klay over Love, start Barnes, Kerr as coach) is working out.