• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles @ Tampa Bay

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Regehr and Doughty a combined minus-seven tonight. Kings PP 0-5...9:54 of five-on-four time.

Need to fix that fast

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Regehr%2520Slide.GIF

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regehr and Doughty a combined minus-seven tonight. Kings PP 0-5...9:54 of five-on-four time.

Need to fix that fast

Donuts has been awful all season long. Making mistakes he made in year 2/3.

I hate to say this but Scrivens has outplayed Quick too.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that it was a bad call to disallow the goal but in fairness to the ref all he saw from his angle was Richards colliding with the goaltender and not now how he got there. Should have gotten better help from his linesmen and the other ref. Play most likely isn't a reviewable one. Bad luck for the Kings. They just have to overcome the bad call and play Kings hockey.

Ox

Think hockey should do like the NFL and review every play that results in a goal. These are critical moments in the game and it's shame to get it wrong. It's dumb that this is not a reviewable play.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Think hockey should do like the NFL and review every play that results in a goal. These are critical moments in the game and it's shame to get it wrong. It's dumb that this is not a reviewable play.

That is an interesting thought but I believe in this case the goal was disallowed due to the to contact. Just like in the NFL you can't review illegal contact or PI (even on a scoring play). So if that is the case, I don't think it would have mattered if this rule was intact. Overall, I do like the idea though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought when Jeff Carter's goal was waived off it changed the momentum in the game - Kings have to play much better than they did last night - games like this they could have used those young kids(the speed they bring)

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an interesting thought but I believe in this case the goal was disallowed due to the to contact. Just like in the NFL you can't review illegal contact or PI (even on a scoring play). So if that is the case, I don't think it would have mattered if this rule was intact. Overall, I do like the idea though.

That's true, I guess I meant that they should be able to determine if the contact was initiated by the opposing team or not. Let someone with all the angles and instant replay decide whether or not it was avoidable. They can check to see if goals are tipped in with a high stick or kicked in, why not allow them to check the nature of the contact with the goalie as well.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donuts has been awful all season long. Making mistakes he made in year 2/3.

Can't disagree with this. His play has been nowhere near what you expect from a Norris Trophy candidate.

I hate to say this but Scrivens has outplayed Quick too.

This I have to disagree with. The team defense was been much better in his one start against Florida. His first relief appearance was after the game had long been decided and Winnipeg pretty much had pulled back. He didn't look any better than Quick did in the relief appearance against the Lightning. No defense in front of any goaltender makes them look bad.

Ox