• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we're getting a Remington plant.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's awesome for Huntsville and the state so its good to see.

2. I really wanted to see what they were going to manufacture in the plant but the article didn't say.

3. When it opens I wonder if they will do tours like the Mercedes plan (which is dead to me now since Saban is opening a dealership...Go BMW)?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's awesome for Huntsville and the state so its good to see.

2. I really wanted to see what they were going to manufacture in the plant but the article didn't say.

3. When it opens I wonder if they will do tours like the Mercedes plan (which is dead to me now since Saban is opening a dealership...Go BMW)?

They making ANY ammo down there too?

Really not sure exactly what all they'll be manufacturing yet, if they've said I missed it. I'll definitely be keeping up with it though. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.

Hey Turkey, you been getting any work in with that Glock?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not sure exactly what all they'll be manufacturing yet, if they've said I missed it. I'll definitely be keeping up with it though. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.

Hey Turkey, you been getting any work in with that Glock?

I'm taking a class on the 26th so I am just going to wait until them because I made a commitment to train before I shoot as an example to my daughters. After I take the class I am going to repeat it with each member of my family then everyone is going to train on the range at least once a month.

We didn't make the decision to own a revolver lightly it was a family decision and everyone was part of deciding to get one, what to get and everyone committed to training. I'm still not going to lock it completely up and no one will have access except through me for a very long time.

After a couple of years I may loosen up a bit and allow them to truly use it as home protection but for now the fear of something happening is making me extremely cautious.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a class on the 26th so I am just going to wait until them because I made a commitment to train before I shoot as an example to my daughters. After I take the class I am going to repeat it with each member of my family then everyone is going to train on the range at least once a month.

We didn't make the decision to own a revolver lightly it was a family decision and everyone was part of deciding to get one, what to get and everyone committed to training. I'm still not going to lock it completely up and no one will have access except through me for a very long time.

After a couple of years I may loosen up a bit and allow them to truly use it as home protection but for now the fear of something happening is making me extremely cautious.

Sounds like a solid plan. You can never be too prepared when it comes to something so important.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll stole that shit from us, taking advantage of the fucking democrat assholes in NY chasing good business away.

I hope you guys load up on a billion jobs and sell the modified AR15 to everyone in NY State.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll stole that shit from us, taking advantage of the fucking democrat assholes in NY chasing good business away.

I hope you guys load up on a billion jobs and sell the modified AR15 to everyone in NY State.

Yup, he fucked around and lost a good one. I hate it for the people who may lose their jobs in NY but I'm glad they chose us for their new location. Should work out well for both us and Remington.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, he fucked around and lost a good one. I hate it for the people who may lose their jobs in NY but I'm glad they chose us for their new location. Should work out well for both us and Remington.

The libs in NY are ruining the country one vote at a time. I don't blame Remington one bit. For all of our sake, I hope this is a positive move for everyone.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like NY dumped the legal issues on Bama and the south. Damn Yankees!

Did anyone see the special on TV the other night about the issues with the Remington Model 700 firing without someone pulling the trigger. Multiple sources had voiced complaints, and it seems as though Remington will not admit there is an issue although they have settled several legal battles out of court dealing with cases of injuries that were allegedly due to misfires. They spoke with the gun's developer and other gun experts who gave differing opinions about the reasoning for the misfires. The developer says the problem is in the manufacturing process while other experts say that the original design is flawed. I own a Model 700 BDL manufactured in the early 2000's and was a bit worried by this report. My question to everyone is...has anyone else had a Model 700 misfire on them? Has anyone replaced the trigger (for whatever reason) and if so what type/model of trigger did you replace the stock version with?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like NY dumped the legal issues on Bama and the south. Damn Yankees!

Meh, Governor Cuomo is the reason Remington is making this move. It's happening more and more.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting nuts out there many of the gun companies are saying they won't sell in California because of the new laws passed.

MILLER: Smith & Wesson to stop selling guns in California due to microstamping law - Washington Times

It's rare I don't just absolutely love living in the state of Alabama but man that kind of stuff really validates it.

i have a feeling that microstamping law is going to get challenged eventually

FWIU it basically requires gun manufacturers to utilize technology that doesn't really exist