• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL, anyone see the latest Eklund...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, dare to dream...Kaberle and 4th rounder to Devils for Rolston, Langs, 1st in 2011, 2nd in 11 or 12

Salvador then shipped to Anaheim.

I would do back flips is this happened, but its Eklund so I know it won't

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be robbery.... we'd essentially be giving away not a single part thats not interchangeable through the system, and have gotten kovy and kaberle for 2 firsts.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would be three firsts, you would need to include Bergfors. I still think this would be a great deal for the Devils, but for the Leafs as well. They need some scorers on that team and both are good for 20 goals. Kaberle is expendable to the Leafs, and they would get a first for him. Also, the Leafs can get in under the cap if they send Finger to the minors which I have heard them say was something they would have seriously considered anyway. There is no doubt in my mind that Clarkson or even Zubrus could put up 20G on the ZZ line.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definately

personally tho i thought bergfors was very expendable, despite the fact that he was actually one of my favorite players last year while he was here.

and people say that this wouldn't work for toronto because its not a good long term deal for them but the reality is they are thinking playoffs NOW, they have enought young kids taht are good that in one year they should be able to hold to fort on their own. all players like rolston/langs would do is help their big goal this year and thats make the playoffs..

hell rollie could probably be a top 6 guy there for one year

and i know that TO is close to the cap too but they are most likely sending someone down and burrying salary in the minors if i'm correct

..... BUT like we've all stated this while it does help toronto probably is swung WAY too far in our favor, shit why am i even analyzing this its fucking EKLUND

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade makes a lot of sense for the Leafs actually. Add 2 vetern 20 goal scorers to a young group of forwards, get a 1st for a guy you were losing anyway and within 2 years you get plenty of salary cap relief to sign or trade for the guys they need.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it makes great sense for them THIS year because i'm persuaded they are desperate to make the playoffs even if its not in a truely contending role, they feel they need to give the fans something. and getting 2 top 6 forwards (or at least 1 and a 3rd liner for their team) would certainly help that

plus if kabs came back they would be dropping 4 mil right there and would only need to clear another 3. and it sounds like finger is destined for the minors anyway which would kill that 3 mil.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Basically if the Devils were to pull this deal, the Leafs would have to send Finger to the minors, then the Leafs would be covered, and the Devils could move Salvador.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, and it sounds like the leafs are planning to ditch on finger anyway.

hell they actually have a good solid team on d, and i'd venture to say he's at best their 6 d man... at 3 mil. thats grounds for demotion

the more and more we talk about this the less crazy it actually sounds.

but you won't see me giving eklund props :)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This deal might sound odd at first, but the reality is that NO ONE wanted to give Burke anything for Kaberle, which is obviously why he's still on the team. So then the Devils come knocking and offer two top 6 forwards + two picks and all he has to do is ship out Kaberle and bury Finger? The Leafs have more money that they know what to do with and don't forget, Finger isn't a Burke signed player. He's from the old regime. In fact, Burke has basically traded every player that was on the team two years ago. Not only that, but one of the forwards is the man he picked to be captain of the US Olympic team. It's really quite plausible.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not giving eklund props :p

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Eklund is much more connected than people give him credit for. He had Kovy right the whole way. Zubrus and Rolston too.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's okay on his best days too me

he was declaring kovy to kings all the way through until he signed the first contract

he probably hurts his rep by talking to much however, that said he claimed the day after kovy's 15 year deal had been submitted that he reported it first, meanwhile i checked his blog 6 hours after i had originally heard through chesnokov, dreger and TG and there was nothing

personally its claims like that that bother me

besides.. who cares who reports it first

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eklund is much more connected than people give him credit for. He had Kovy right the whole way. Zubrus and Rolston too.

Huh??? Eklund had Kovy to Kings until the first contract was inked....even had Rangers heavily involved.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was referring to the in season trade with Atlanta. In Eklund's defense, it was pretty obvious that LA was Kovy's first choice, so him reporting that isn't necessarily wrong. It's not his fault the Kings wanted to pay him like Marian Hossa.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i'm not all that sold LA was his first choice,

despite the rare accuracey brookes displayed over the kovy saga, i don't know if i buy that rumor that we originally had him for 7 years 56 mil. ..... we went from an 8 cap it to a 6.66? thats a huge difference and it seems like lou never wanted to leave the ballpark of 6.

i truely believe kovy wanted to time to make a proper decision. he has a very young family and probably was looking to do right by them in every aspect, not just money. his mother is over here a lot. so move your family to LA? do you know how long that flight is from moscow? i think things like this pobably played a bigger role than we think

and with all do respect wynne, i think eklund had someone telling him it could happen but the kovy to devils rumors initiated from potvin on nhl radio, eklund actually (for once) sited taht too