• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Logan Thomas to start

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one doubt he's truly ready, but if BA was going to start him this season don't think there's a better situation to throw him into. SF has nothing to play for, Harbaugh is 99.9% gone after this game, players have no reason to risk injury, and the FO might subtly be telling them to tank for draft position. Some players might be looking to play well to ensure their future on the team/in the League but I doubt those will seriously change the make-up of the game. I give the Cards about a 75% chance of coming away with their 12th W this weekend.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting game. I think even a 49ers team not trying all that hard should be able to own Logan Thomas. They'd have to REALLY be tanking for him to shred them: like falling down every other play, committing penalties on purpose, etc.

I'm not entirely happy BA seems to be conceding the division a bit. The Rams already beat Seattle and are capable of doing it again. Highly unlikely, but I'm not sure I'd barrel into the game treating it like preseason.

That said, it really makes no difference who you start re: Lindley or Thomas. I'd start Thomas too. You already know Lindley is 100% useless. We only think Thomas is...might as well let him prove it.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is probably the better option at QB. He's terrible, but shouldn't be as terrible as Lindley.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Thomas has a Touchdown pass.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Thomas has a Touchdown pass.

Ha, true! I think this will be a good experience for him to get some game time experience without too much risk and if he doesn't win it won't hurt the team too much. Win/Win in my book.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did you see his "TD" pass? Of the 9 passes he's thrown, it was probably the worst one. Thrown into double coverage and by some miracle it threads the needle and lands in Ellington's arms, much to his shock and everyone elses.

"A pro doesn't even make that pass" the commentator said, lol

It's a TD, but it was a horrible pass.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did you see his "TD" pass? Of the 9 passes he's thrown, it was probably the worst one. Thrown into double coverage and by some miracle it threads the needle and lands in Ellington's arms, much to his shock and everyone elses.

"A pro doesn't even make that pass" the commentator said, lol

It's a TD, but it was a horrible pass.

The stat book doesn't care about that. It shows Lindley with at least 225 passes with no TD's and Logan with one TD pass. I guess Logon dodged a bullet with the precision thread the needle pass too Ellington because who knows how many more passes he will need to get another TD pass. :thumb:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Logan Thomas was one of the worst draft picks in years for AZ. Obvious bust. He wasn't that good in college, an admitted project by the team (duh), and basically someone selected because he had a great arm. Bizarre pick considering Kiem has generally nailed the draft.

So hearing that by Week 17 he still isn't good enough to play in what BA is clearly treating like a meaningless game over the worst QB in NFL history (Lindley) pretty much says it all.

I hope to never see either of these guys on the field again ASAP.