• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LIONS VS VIKINGS

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't drop the ball this late in season......If Detroit jacks up Dallas will get in......Nobody wants that crap.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for starting the thread Muzz

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now, the Lions are at home against Teddy and the Vikes. Bridgewater throws ints like Stafford used to not so many moons ago. The Lions D should have a heyday against the Vikes offense ''no excuses'' and the sidewinder should really expose a depleted Vikes D. The Muzzer helped the stoner out tonight by starting this thread :clap: GO LIONS

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions should win this one by two scores.......Then again I'm a scorned Lion fan and expect a final drive by either team to kick a FG and win it.....If that happens then Detroit just took steps backwards......If the go in and kick the crap out of them like should be done, a little more confidence is gained.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions should win this one by two scores.......Then again I'm a scorned Lion fan and expect a final drive by either team to kick a FG and win it.....If that happens then Detroit just took steps backwards......If the go in and kick the crap out of them like should be done, a little more confidence is gained.

Let's hope it's the latter

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been back at the hotel by 4pm last 3 days. Which means OT tomorrow prolly. Hoping to at least catch it by second qtr.

This game is the one of the four games they should easily win that scares me. They have not let up yet. Sloppy last week and did not cost them. Vikes have been playing decent ball and stayed close with GB. Need to strike early again and put pressure on Teddy. Should stop the run game and make them one dimensional again like they have the last two games.
Hoping Matty and the offense keep this going. not sure it is who they are playing or the offense is finally gelling. Hoping it is the latter.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy wow. Bud uses same fricking phrase as me at the same time. It is a omen and the Lions shall take care bidness now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird that's it's a 4pm game.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy wow. Bud uses same fricking phrase as me at the same time. It is a omen and the Lions shall take care bidness now.

I didn't think anyone was on this thread when I last posted. Hell yeah it's an omen

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fox actually has 2 games scheduled for the MPLS area tomorrow, cbs and nbc have 1 game a piece also. I'l be in football heaven :lol:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox actually has 2 games scheduled for the MPLS area tomorrow, cbs and nbc have 1 game a piece also. I'l be in football heaven :lol:

Get NFL Redzone. It's incredible. All day, no commercials, every game.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get NFL Redzone. It's incredible. All day, no commercials, every game.

I'm not a cheap man but that would jack my dish bill up to more then I could afford right now. Dish had it free for almost a month at the beginning of the season. I watched it all the time

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure I heard last week that they moved this game from 1 to 4. I guess they didn't have enough 4PM games.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a 42-10 Lions win. At least one defensive or special teams TD to help me make the championship in my money league!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see what the offense looks like this week. If they really have hit their stride and these last two weeks are a glimpse into what we can expect going forward, then watch out, the sky is the limit. The Vikings are a much better defense than the Bucs and especially the Bears.

This should give us a good idea of how realistic of a shot we have to go into Lambeau in week 17 and get a win. If our offense goes back to sputtering then our chances are slim, imo. If they continue to shine, then we have a great shot, given we have the best defense in the league, still...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone looks at the overall rankings and the Bucs are in the bottom 12 or so but over the last month or so they have been playing pretty good defense. Probably better than the Vikings. and they both run a lot of zone. I'd have to expect similar results.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone looks at the overall rankings and the Bucs are in the bottom 12 or so but over the last month or so they have been playing pretty good defense. Probably better than the Vikings. and they both run a lot of zone. I'd have to expect similar results.

Hope so.

I listen to Detroit sports radio all day at work now (live nowhere near there, but discovered the magic of interweb radio finally) and it amazes me how often people say on there that we have literally a "zero percent chance of winning" at Lambeau in week seventeen, or "no chance at all" to win.

That just strikes me as a very ignorant, uninformed opinion. Yes, history is not on our side, we obviously haven't won there in 3rd and forever. I also don't expect us to win that game- I'm just being honest, the Packers are on fire right now, and they're the home team. That's a tough situation. But to say we have zero chance? C'mon man. Our offense looks to be heating up, and Green Bay's defense is pretty awful. Green Bay's offense is lethal, but our defense is the best in the league this season. We handled them in the 1st meeting, easily Rodger's worst game of the season.

So while we're not likely to go up there and win, we certainly have the personnel and motivation to pull it off...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so.

I listen to Detroit sports radio all day at work now (live nowhere near there, but discovered the magic of interweb radio finally) and it amazes me how often people say on there that we have literally a "zero percent chance of winning" at Lambeau in week seventeen, or "no chance at all" to win.

That just strikes me as a very ignorant, uninformed opinion. Yes, history is not on our side, we obviously haven't won there in 3rd and forever. I also don't expect us to win that game- I'm just being honest, the Packers are on fire right now, and they're the home team. That's a tough situation. But to say we have zero chance? C'mon man. Our offense looks to be heating up, and Green Bay's defense is pretty awful. Green Bay's offense is lethal, but our defense is the best in the league this season. We handled them in the 1st meeting, easily Rodger's worst game of the season.

So while we're not likely to go up there and win, we certainly have the personnel and motivation to pull it off...

I attack you for this opinion (first!).

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attack you for this opinion (first!).

If I've learned anything in 2014 it's that opinions on this board can never, ever, be wrong. Unless they're my opinions.