• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Udfa tracker

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the look of the possession receiver from Arkansas State

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much as I like Sage Surratt!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions 2021 UDFA signings

LB Tavante Beckett, Marshall (source)
CB AJ Parker, Kansas State (source)
WR Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas State (source)
WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest (source)
OG Robert Jones, Middle Tennessee State (source)
TE Brock Wright, Notre Dame (source)
DB D’Angelo Amos, Virginia (source)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No speedy Slot WR ?

I know nothing about the Arky State kid

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Detroit Lions UDFA tracker - Pride Of Detroit

The Lions themselves already have a plan in place, as general manager Brad Holmes explained at the end of Day 2 of the draft.

“We have a good plan in place that we have met about and we have a great process in place for undrafted free agency,” Holmes said Friday night.

Last year, the Lions only signed seven undrafted free agents, but given Detroit’s smaller draft class and plenty of space on the roster following this draft class, expect to see over 10 players added this year.

Also, as a reminder sometimes UDFA signings are announced, but retracted after players change their mind. Additionally, occasionally and undrafted player will be invited to try out for a team rather than sign with a team. We will try to designate those players separately, but sometimes they are misreported early on.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some heavy lumber paying out to former ND WR McKinley

Lions 2021 UDFA signings

RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas (source)
RB Dedrick Mills, Nebraska (source)
WR Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas State (source)
WR Javon McKinley, Notre Dame (source) (reported $100,000 guaranteed)
WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest (source)
TE Brock Wright, Notre Dame (source)
TE Jake Hausmann, Ohio State (source)
G Tommy Kraemer, Notre Dame (source)
C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (source)
LB Tavante Beckett, Marshall (source)
DB D’Angelo Amos, Virginia (source)
CB Jerry Jacobs, Arkansas (source)
CB AJ Parker, Kansas State (source) (reported $35,000 guaranteed)

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some clips of Arky State WR Adams making a block x3 on one play
versus Sun Belt
He has some really good contested catches

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt surprise me if both McKinly and Surrat beat him out. How can someone be that explosive with no agility. Maybe put some weight on him and make him a TE.

Yeah, those 3-cone and short shuttle sure as hell don't match up with the explosive Vert and Broad

IDK

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion
Here's Surratt's RAS
While Surratt's 3-cone is better than Adams that 10 yard split and final 40 isn't much to write home about
IDK
6 one way
half a dozen the other way

1620051166578.jpeg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those 3-cone and short shuttle sure as hell don't match up with the explosive Vert and Broad

IDK

Could have just been a bad day then. Apparently (as you posted)he finished the season strong and that carried a lot of weight. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now despite the snub of Pooka.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have just been a bad day then. Apparently (as you posted)he finished the season strong and that carried a lot of weight. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now despite the snub of Pooka.

I getcha on the WR debacle. Who knows what the hell will end up happening. I just like the fact Holmes went after WR 3x in UDFA.
Surratt; Great hands, Very good route runner but not a separation artist, exceptional 50/50 contested receiver, slow - build up speed, not quite plodding type receiver - those type can/do find NFL success but not a lot of them

Pooka could have been that change of pace/style RB

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at some of the write-ups regarding Drafted players and UDFA's

UDFA most likely to make an impact

Chris - Virginia S D’Angelo Amos. Before transferring to Virginia as a graduate student, Amos was a standout punt returner at James Madison. He is JMU’s No. 2 all-time leader in returns with 1259 yards, and he brought back five punts for touchdowns. He’s going to be bring strong competition to make the roster as a special teams weapon.

Ryan - Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt. Look out, Quintez Cephus, you’ve got some camp competition for that big slot role this season.
@Old Lion did you notice although I was discussing St. Brown versus Cephus in Slot Role

Jeremy - Notre Dame WR Javon McKinley. Follow the money. McKinley reportedly got $100,000 guaranteed, and if he can overcome his college injury issues, the Lions may have gotten a steal.

Reno - Javon McKinley. Aside from the money that the Lions shelled out for McKinley, I just think the obvious answer here is any of the three receivers added post-draft. The Lions are lacking talent/depth at WR and it shouldn’t be hard for someone like McKinley to make his way onto the roster and have a decent impact.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at some of the write-ups regarding Drafted players and UDFA's

UDFA most likely to make an impact

Chris - Virginia S D’Angelo Amos. Before transferring to Virginia as a graduate student, Amos was a standout punt returner at James Madison. He is JMU’s No. 2 all-time leader in returns with 1259 yards, and he brought back five punts for touchdowns. He’s going to be bring strong competition to make the roster as a special teams weapon.

Ryan - Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt. Look out, Quintez Cephus, you’ve got some camp competition for that big slot role this season.
@Old Lion did you notice although I was discussing St. Brown versus Cephus in Slot Role

Jeremy - Notre Dame WR Javon McKinley. Follow the money. McKinley reportedly got $100,000 guaranteed, and if he can overcome his college injury issues, the Lions may have gotten a steal.

Reno - Javon McKinley. Aside from the money that the Lions shelled out for McKinley, I just think the obvious answer here is any of the three receivers added post-draft. The Lions are lacking talent/depth at WR and it shouldn’t be hard for someone like McKinley to make his way onto the roster and have a decent impact.
Yup, I was surprised noone took a shot on McKinley. I like that Amos is a returner since we have absolutely none right now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10. C DRAKE JACKSON, DETROIT LIONS

The Lions already have center Frank Ragnow to lead their offensive line, but signing a lineman with as much college success as Drake Jackson is an excellent move regardless of roster situation.

Jackson was the crucial part of a dominant Kentucky offensive line. Since 2018, Jackson has been on the field for exactly 1,000 pass-blocking snaps and has surrendered just one sack. The Kentucky product is also an elite run-blocker, having earned the fourth-highest run-blocking grade among centers in 2020 (85.4).

The lone knock on Jackson is his thin frame, but that did not hinder him against SEC defenses. Not many undrafted free agents are as close to pro-ready as Jackson is.