• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions sign Golden Tate

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted tate over decker even if the price was the same. Decker will not do nearly as well without peyton throwing the ball. Tate will do even better heading into a passing offense and leaving a running offense.

He caught more TDs with Tebow than Tate has ever had in a season. You like short receivers like Mayhew does?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caught more TDs with Tebow than Tate has ever had in a season. You like short receivers like Mayhew does?

I liked brett perriman.

Do you like tall receivers that suck?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken at all my man just not trying to live up to (or down for that matter) anybody else's reputation.. and to clear the air further Byrd was my personal wish list this year and I'm inclined to think that he was probably on yours as well.

As for Hoopster everything was about race and he came off like a closet Buccs fan. Trumpeted J. Freeman is better than "Staffhurt" like it was his job.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone out there that doesn't think that signing Tate is a better option than signing Decker? Decker cost $5MM more but I would take Tate over him in a heartbeat.

I would prefer Tate over Decker even if Decker was cheaper.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad.

Well I'm a realist so I guess that takes care of that.

Uh oh. You cant use that word, thats reserved for proven excellence. I may be a bit biased but Ill take a stab at it

Biggest optimist
Kreton or tpaul

Biggest pessimist
Clearly smitty ;)

Biggest realist
Gvsulaker82, but theres some stiff competition.

You earn the title of realist here, by keepin it real.

Realist on this board seems to mean "constantly complaining, needlessly pessimistic and always miserable".

I may be the biggest optimist but I'm good with it. I enjoy football and I enjoy watching the Lions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken at all my man just not trying to live up to (or down for that matter) anybody else's reputation.. and to clear the air further Byrd was my personal wish list this year and I'm inclined to think that he was probably on yours as well.

As for Hoopster everything was about race and he came off like a closet Buccs fan. Trumpeted J. Freeman is better than "Staffhurt" like it was his job.

Never heard "Staffhurt" before. ESPN sounds like it was heated. Lot of guys came here to the Hoop last summer. Byrd was one of many Dbacks Id hoped would end up here. Not gonna lie, I was happy to read Peanut won't be signing with Tampa. He's one of two or three left from my personal pool of talent. Even if he's on the downside.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realist on this board seems to mean "constantly complaining, needlessly pessimistic and always miserable".

I may be the biggest optimist but I'm good with it. I enjoy football and I enjoy watching the Lions.

Thats incorrect, Ive had nothing but great things to say about the lions recent moves. Unfortunately posters like yourself are always looking for the negative in other people and tend to only focus on that instead of grasping reality. Remember, you were the one that said the lions were legit sb contenders last year. Realists were the ones who said no they werent. When the reality of a situation is bad and people talk about it being bad that doesn make them negative, it just means they grasp reality. When the reality of a situation is good and posters talk about it being good tha doesnt make them homers, just realists. Im not sure when it comes to the lions though that you will ever be remotely realistic.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont have a problem with Slay. Didnt expect anymore out of him as a rookie than what he gave. Pretty rare to see guys come in and handle a starting role at corner right away. He has potential, not doubting that. I just dont want to see him paired with Houston.(haven't lost faith in any one player quicker than I did Houston this year. Had always thought he was adequate until mid season) Either at nickle with a legit #1 would have made me happy. Expected it to be addressed honestly. (Like you said, and I said yesterday, theyre all gone.)Llet myself think Verner was a possibility. That was foolish. Really not ready to stomach Don Carey as a starter. Ive wanted three capable starting safeties for awhile, we have one. That sucks. And I've given up hope on Willie coming back. Ware and Peppers getting cut might have helped that situation, but I don't think he'll be back. Be a good day if he re-signs for sure.

:agree: This is one of the reasons I am not happy with the Pettigrew signing. Much rather have Willie Young, he would of been cheaper then Pettidrops and is a much more dynamic player.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing never trolled the cbs boards but I had a helluva time on the old ESPN boards. I've been busy the last flippant years dealing with a divorce and subsequent fallout in family court. No justice for dads I guess. Btw is there a guy by the name of Hoopster around used to like slapping that face-baiting b*tch around.

Haven't recognized him if he's here. He was the big Bucs/Josh Freeman fan... ripped everything Lions.... real asshole. Trolls don't last long on team boards here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldent Tate wants to compete for the punt returning duties in Detroit. Lions' incumbent Jeremy Ross surprised as a returner last season, but Tate was one of the best punt returners in the league in 2013. With Tate expected to have a big role in the offense, it might be smarter to save his legs and let Ross handle the job. Either way, the Lions should have a dynamic special teams unit in 2014.

The nerve of this guy!!!?? Mayhew should have signed Demarcus Ware, Abib Talib and Ray Lewis instead of Tate. This is ridiculous.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump::bump:

Little bump...

Next week should be a better sampling of Tate and CJ.

Tate has impressed me in the small amount of snaps so far without CJ.

IMO Tate will make teams pay for rolling coverage to Calvin. Been waiting for this happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see Det's offense in the red zone with empty backfield

CJ .................................................................... Petti (inline).................................... Durham
......................Fauria........................................................................... Ebron

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see Det's offense in the red zone with empty backfield

CJ .................................................................... Petti (inline).................................... Durham
......................Fauria........................................................................... Ebron

Empty set resulted in many sacks last year.

In the red zone I am fine with it. Usually quicker releases, that did not work good at midfield. New coaches so maybe diff results.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a Notre Dame thing at first. Yet you love Riddick. ( well show him some love) I member the love for Montana and Tim Brown in those mock drafts with Nos.

I guess you are entitled to be a Tater hater. To each his own.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two Domers are among my favorite players ever. And Im all aboot Riddick seeing more time, if/when healthy.

Lot of hate for a lot of reasons. South Bend ain't one of 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like smittys tate almost eclipses that of fogs hate for mayhew.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is on pace for 110 catches and almost 1,500 yards so far this season. Looking more and more like the biggest impact FA signing this year...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is making me eat my words that he is not worth his contract.