• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Probowlers/ pro bowl snubs

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've barely seen even Lions games for the second half of the season, and haven't seen other teams play hardly at all. So I'm in no position to comment. But I'll never let a little thing like that stop me.

From my understanding listening to the radio on the way home today, the only Lions player to be selected to the Pro Bowl is big play Slay?

First half of the year I though Glover Quinn was playing like an all pro. If we were a bigger market or a team with a more rabid fan base I think he would have been in the running for DPOY. Has his play dropped off, or just not getting attention?

What about our special teams guys? Prater seemed like a lock, and I'm pretty sure our rookie still leads the league in return TD's. What happened there? Just got big timed?

Stafford has the numbers. He's always had the numbers. Even without the Mannings or Rodgers or anyone the dude still can't get a vote?

Tate? Marvin? AA? Anyone else deserve any mention? Any of these guys legitimate snubs? Did Slay deserve his spot? What do we think?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn should have definitely been in. He might still as an alternate. Dude has 70 tackles and 6 turnovers already. Stafford should be named as Wentzs replacement. Rams ST guys beat out Prater and Agnew. If they make it to the SB then they should be added too.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn should have definitely been in. He might still as an alternate. Dude has 70 tackles and 6 turnovers already. Stafford should be named as Wentzs replacement. Rams ST guys beat out Prater and Agnew. If they make it to the SB then they should be added too.

Just found out Zuerlein ruptured a disk in his back and is out so expect Prater to be in.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see enough of the other guys to judge, except for QBs and Staff is an alternate, which seems about right. Though he's 2nd alternate behind Goff and I don't know how they figured that. It would be nice to see what he could do if he had Gurley to hand off to.

But I don't see how they could have picked him over Brees, Wilson or Wentz. Though I think Staff is better than Wentz.. the Eagles are loaded. But it's a numbers game, so Wentz is going to be the guy.

Reactions: Rob

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agnew and Prater getting passed over for the Rams players is 100% based on team record and not on players contributions this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really felt Agnew should have been there. He got the alternate, so I can accept that as he should be there now.

Until Stafford starts to beat winning teams he will not get a pro bowl outright IMO. Which is not his fault entirely, but gets held accountable for it.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Gandy. When Staff starts beating teams like the Bengals in must win situations. He should never be selected.

Slay is the only pro bowl caliber player on the squad. Shows you how bad Mini-Millen and Quinn have drafted lately. Or it's the coaching staff for not developing any of them.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really felt Agnew should have been there. He got the alternate, so I can accept that as he should be there now.

Until Stafford starts to beat winning teams he will not get a pro bowl outright IMO. Which is not his fault entirely, but gets held accountable for it.

What NFC QBs have really been better?

Rodgers and Wnetz are both done for the season. That leaves just Brees and Goff. The rest have been total suckage for the most part and played for better teams. Dak, Wilson, Ryan, and Cam have stunk it up overall this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers and Wnetz are both done for the season. That leaves just Brees and Goff. The rest have been total suckage for the most part and played for better teams. Dak, Wilson, Ryan, and Cam have stunk it up overall this year.
Minus the first game against us, Keenum has had a great season.

Not sure if it's better. But he deserves praise.

That said, this is the second straight "best" season of Staffs career imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agnew is the second to worst kick returner in the league though.

I'd agree if it were just punt return duties, but it's both.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to work on reading his blocks on kick returns. Something that should be easy to improve. He really was not supposed to be the kick returner, Washington was so he probably didnt get a lot of work at it. His punt returning was miles ahead of everyone else though. He is still considered to be the best overall by most everyone in the NFL except for the fans. Kickoff returns are a thing of the past too. Most kicks are out of the endzone anyway. There are twice as many punt returns in a game then kickoff returns because of it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It kept AA and his tiny hands on the bench during kick returns. That in itself is worth the nod, right?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not debating who’s the best or been better. Simply a opinion that until he beats playoff teams regularly he won’t take that next step into the powers to be minds of being worthy. QB’s get all the accolades and blame for a entire roster.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kept AA and his tiny hands on the bench during kick returns. That in itself is worth the nod, right?
Maybe.

I'd use his semi worthless ass on returns. Or cut him. The munchkin almost got to play his actual position last week. But then they put in the second nickel back who still isn't Don Carey. We have too many guys that only play ST imo.

And it's not like they are going to grow into a position either.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to work on reading his blocks on kick returns. Something that should be easy to improve. He really was not supposed to be the kick returner, Washington was so he probably didnt get a lot of work at it. His punt returning was miles ahead of everyone else though. He is still considered to be the best overall by most everyone in the NFL except for the fans. Kickoff returns are a thing of the past too. Most kicks are out of the endzone anyway. There are twice as many punt returns in a game then kickoff returns because of it.
It's good he wasn't supposed to, cuz he isn't any good at it.

Im not big on a guy that can only return punts. He's a man without a position imo. And he isn't Mel Gray.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good he wasn't supposed to, cuz he isn't any good at it.

Im not big on a guy that can only return punts. He's a man without a position imo. And he isn't Mel Gray.

He plays both offense and defense as well. He may even get a chance to replace Lawson next year as his coverage skills look pretty good already (needs to learn the defense though). Plus you dont have to watch Tate run that Jet sweep play anymore as that has been given to him now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays both offense and defense as well. He may even get a chance to replace Lawson next year as his coverage skills look pretty good already (needs to learn the defense though). Plus you dont have to watch Tate run that Jet sweep play anymore as that has been given to him now.
He has played 24 snaps worth of football this year outside Special Teams.

12 on offense and 12 on defense.