• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincoln is a STUD

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hitting 95 consistently and an occasional 96.
good control and aggressive.
seems like he finally gets it.

mcdonald
burnett
lincoln
bedard
karstens - when healthy

trade correia
morton needs to keep it lower in the zone and get a changeup to face lefties.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sychmd. Correia, & too a somewhat lesser extent Morton, are the weak links of this rotation righ now.

I would have no problem with Lincoln being given starters duties & taking the ball every 5 days.

Also, I absolutely Love the 5 man rotation that you listed for us, once Karstens gets healthy.

However, that begs the question. As much as I would like to see it. How do you take Lincoln out of the pen right now, as he has been lights out?

But again, I agree, I would really Love to see Lincoln in the Bucs starting rotation.

Burgh.

Last edited by a moderator:

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ideally, meek comes out of his funk and takes lincolns spot when lincoln moves to the rotation.

if not, correia does great his first 3 innings, it's usually the second time through the rotation that he gives up runs. so to get his trade value up, move him to long relief or middle relief(4th, 5th, 6th innings). when he does well, he should have better trade value as others will think he has his mojo back and will project him back to starter land.

then we have people putting up numbers in AAA that could replace lincoln if meek or correia can't. d mccutch was great last year, slaten(whip = .79) is a lefty doing great in AAA, wood has decent numbers, and reyes(a lefty) has a 2.05 era as a starter.

need to rely on the scouts to predict which one has the physical and mental makeup to translate to fill lincolns roll right now.

i will be really bummed if lincoln doesnt get the call. the only reason i would see him not starting is if they see him as the replacement for hanrahan and deal hanny in a package for a big bat. then they could move grilli to closer for 1-2 years, lincoln to setup, then in 2 years, lincoln could be a closer.

i like in 3 years having a rotation of
mcdonald, taillon, cole, lincoln, owens(preferably a lefty)locke,morton.

pen in 3 years:
alderson, meek, hughes, watson, morris, karstens,

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Lincoln is a bullpen guy in the long run, his stuff is dynamic when he is hitting 95. But he can't get to 95 when he starts, and he only really has two pitches, which isn't enough to be a starter.

I think he could be a stud out of the pen, though.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we have an off day on thurs, so skip correia and that way bedard gets to start against the reds.