• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell enters 48 hour homestretch

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with @rmilia1's premise that "anyone" could do what Bell does, but I do think it's probably not nearly as important to winning as fans think it is. All the players you listed could not take 400 carries and rack up 1,800 yards- namely, because most could not even approach 400 carries. They would get injured, or play fatigued and put up mediocre/bad numbers. So in that sense, Bell is a beast and can do what few other RB's can do.

OTOH, I don't think RB is an extremely important position. The QB is obviously the most important, but I'm not even convinced RB's are second most important. The Eagles had a RB by committee last year, and look how well it worked out. Blount, Ajayi, Clement produced better numbers than Bell. One was traded for a fourth round pick, another was signed to a 1 year/$1.25 million dollar contract, and the last was an undrafted free agent. None made $18 million per season.
Bell gets hurt too. The position is not as dangerous as others because you rarely get hit by a guy running full speed and you almost always see it coming . That said I didn't say anyone could do what Bell does. I said 10-15 guys could

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell him what he's won, Johnny :D
Of course I list Freenan first . I'm a Falcons fan. But I didn't include him in the guys I think would outperform Bell.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell gets hurt too. The position is not as dangerous as others because you rarely get hit by a guy running full speed and you almost always see it coming . That said I didn't say anyone could do what Bell does. I said 10-15 guys could
The RB position isn't as dangerous as others? Rarely get hit at full speed? RB's have long careers.....Sometimes over 5 years.....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB position isn't as dangerous as others? Rarely get hit at full speed? RB's have long careers.....Sometimes over 5 years.....
Well the average NFL career is like 2 years so it's not like any position has a king shelf life but yes the RB position is not as dangerous as playing WR for example. I didn't think that was particularly controversial

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with @rmilia1's premise that "anyone" could do what Bell does, but I do think it's probably not nearly as important to winning as fans think it is. All the players you listed could not take 400 carries and rack up 1,800 yards- namely, because most could not even approach 400 carries. They would get injured, or play fatigued and put up mediocre/bad numbers. So in that sense, Bell is a beast and can do what few other RB's can do.

OTOH, I don't think RB is an extremely important position. The QB is obviously the most important, but I'm not even convinced RB's are second most important. The Eagles had a RB by committee last year, and look how well it worked out. Blount, Ajayi, Clement produced better numbers than Bell. One was traded for a fourth round pick, another was signed to a 1 year/$1.25 million dollar contract, and the last was an undrafted free agent. None made $18 million per season.
Not to nitpick, but it was 400 carries... Rather 406 touches. Meaning carries + receptions.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to nitpick, but it was 400 carries... Rather 406 touches. Meaning carries + receptions.
Not nitpicking at all. Thanks for the correction

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Position is not as dangerous"

Gets tackled more than any other.

:crazy:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Position is not as dangerous"

Gets tackled more than any other.

:crazy:
Sure and that's the only reason they really get injured ever. Accumulation . You see very few big hits on backs it's also the reason most teams use 2 backs

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW
Perhaps the stupidest statement made this month
Not really. Big hits on backs are few are far between . Doesnt mean they dobt get dinged but you see very few serious injuries to backs compared to wideouts or qbs

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Big hits on backs are few are far between . Doesnt mean they dobt get dinged but you see very few serious injuries to backs compared to wideouts or qbs
As Parcels said, there is a bulls eye on the RB and that hasn't changed. The safety comes downhill more often on a RB than a WR over the middle. Not to mention the collisions between a RB and LB. Your opinion about RB's is lacking greatly, and now you're just being absurd.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Parcels said, there is a bulls eye on the RB and that hasn't changed. The safety comes downhill more often on a RB than a WR over the middle. Not to mention the collisions between a RB and LB. Your opinion about RB's is lacking greatly, and now you're just being absurd.
Sure man. Answer me this. How many games has azeje missed due to injury his first 2 years?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure man. Answer me this. How many games has azeje missed due to injury his first 2 years?
Now you wanna be selective with your statement? Forget that bull shit....everything has a exception here and there but in general, you couldn't be more wrong.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you wanna be selective with your statement? Forget that bull shit....everything has a exception here and there but in general, you couldn't be more wrong.
Not being selective in using as example. Feel free to use Gurley, McCoy, Hunt, Freeman, Bell himself, Ingram, Howard, Gordon... etc etc. The only real exception is David Johnson who's injury was a freak incident. The rest of the primary starters on the league combined to miss less than an average on 1.5 games per year due to injury. Backs just rarely get injured

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being selective in using as example. Feel free to use Gurley, McCoy, Hunt, Freeman, Bell himself, Ingram, Howard, Gordon... etc etc. The only real exception is David Johnson who's injury was a freak incident. The rest of the primary starters on the league combined to miss less than an average on 1.5 games per year due to injury. Backs just rarely get injured
Don't move the goal post. It's not about time missed. RB;s usually are 230 plus and built to take on the impacts.
My statements are based on your hot sports opinions such as:

"The position is not as dangerous as others because you rarely get hit by a guy running full speed and you almost always see it coming"

"Big hits on backs are few are far between"

"RB position is not as dangerous as playing WR for example"

Don't now spin the soft tissue injuries wide receivers are known for.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't move the goal post. It's not about time missed. RB;s usually are 230 plus and built to take on the impacts.
My statements are based on your hot sports opinions such as:

"The position is not as dangerous as others because you rarely get hit by a guy running full speed and you almost always see it coming"

Don't now spin the soft tissue injuries wide receivers are known for.
Of course it's about time missed. U was talking about usage. How would time missed mot directly impact that ? Lol

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's about time missed. U was talking about usage. How would time missed mot directly impact that ? Lol
Nope...I clearly have said it's about your absurd statements listed

The above are foolish statements....plain and simple