• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Dan Campbell

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Campbell be fired/Is he a terrible coach? Nah. LOL...That's ridiculous.

BUT...He f*cked up on multiple occasions yesterday. Both times he went for it were bad imo....and running the ball/wasting a timeout on Detroit's final drive was maddening.

It's a game of inches and he gave away far too many. You shouldn't be f*cking up that many times in a game as a head coach. Alas, that's why the Lions didn't just lose, they had a historic collapse. It is what it is.

Dude's still light years better than Matt Eberflus. I'd trade in a hearbeat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, even IF Campbell did what everyone "wanted" him to do and the Lions still lost they would be calling for his head for NOT going for it on 4th and others...

I don't falt him at all for trying to keep the foot on the peddle.... It just didn't work out because players didn't execute
Its tough because the Lions lost the game because they gave up 34 points. Its really hard to win a championship without a defense. In years past, if Mahomes only scored 17 points people would be questioning a million different things and here the Chiefs are going to a Super Bowl.

Its hard to fault Campbell too much but I've spent the past two years hearing nothing but ridicule for Staley so I can see how this could go badly quickly next year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has obviously changed the culture in Detroit and is overall a huge positive for the Lions. But does he need an analytics consultant or something? His clock management and 4th down decisions were highly questionable in that second half. Sure, if he converts a few of those plays, and Josh Reynolds catches balls etc. it is a different outcome. But he played a role in that loss. Was Campbell to blame for the loss?

You answered your question. Josh Reynolds needs to catch those balls. You go aggressive, you need to make the easy plays.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans for the most part are not calling for his head. It's fans of other teams that are.

This is true. But it does seem like all the "talking heads" are calling for his head which is pathetic! They were all applauding him and saying how great he was going against the norm and now this BS

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough because the Lions lost the game because they gave up 34 points. Its really hard to win a championship without a defense. In years past, if Mahomes only scored 17 points people would be questioning a million different things and here the Chiefs are going to a Super Bowl.

Its hard to fault Campbell too much but I've spent the past two years hearing nothing but ridicule for Staley so I can see how this could go badly quickly next year.
The major difference is Staley teams underperformed every year. Campbell so far have not. Winning makes people look at the stewngths, losing at the weaknesses

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and people forget that.... Even if the Lions did everything "right" they still gave up 34... How is that Campbells fault?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but Staley and Campbell are nothing alike.

give me the guy who gives a rats ass what people think

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell doesn’t get all the blame, but he certainly has his fair share

You take the FG and three possession game. And then the run on the goal line and having to waste a timeout was not a good look.

You can’t blow a 17 point lead in the Confernce Championship game and “be happy with the season” just because the franchise normally stinks. Have to capitalize on that opportunity!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hindsight remains 20/20

This has nothing to do with hindsight. It was the wrong call and always will be. Just like a few weeks ago on that stupid 2 point call that failed. The guy is a meat head.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, even IF Campbell did what everyone "wanted" him to do and the Lions still lost they would be calling for his head for NOT going for it on 4th and others...

I don't falt him at all for trying to keep the foot on the peddle.... It just didn't work out because players didn't execute
Do you think Belichick would have gone for it up 2 scores in the second half of a road playoff game?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Campbell be fired/Is he a terrible coach? Nah. LOL...That's ridiculous.

BUT...He f*cked up on multiple occasions yesterday. Both times he went for it were bad imo....and running the ball/wasting a timeout on Detroit's final drive was maddening.

It's a game of inches and he gave away far too many. You shouldn't be f*cking up that many times in a game as a head coach. Alas, that's why the Lions didn't just lose, they had a historic collapse. It is what it is.

Dude's still light years better than Matt Eberflus. I'd trade in a hearbeat.

I definitely don’t think he should be fired. He did a hell of a job this year. But he certainly seems to struggle with statistical information staring him right in his motherfucking face. He should probably have to take a few math classes.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with hindsight. It was the wrong call and always will be. Just like a few weeks ago on that stupid 2 point call that failed. The guy is a meat head.
tell this to your Michael Irvin posters.

Jesus...boycott football

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a meathead that can still read a 4th down bot. They Lions have a bad D and gave up 34+ points. Going for it was very obviously the right call, imo. The fundamental problem is the 49ers are just better. Detroit had the right plan, and still couldn't knock them out.

Campbell doesn't "suck," for going for it when he is supposed to... the better team just won, imo.

This is what's bothering me this morning... the Niners are not better than the Lions and their coach is the reason they lost the game. I'm a fan but he has to be smarter. You make it a 3 score game in that situation.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell this to your Michael Irvin posters.

Jesus...boycott football

LMAO! If you get your way the NFL will be flag football.

And Irvin is a garbage human.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies he missed 1.

in his entire career he's missed 3 kicks under 50 yards.
And they cut him.

I'm not in the building. I don't know why. I don't agree with his decision making. But I also think that the Kicker has something to do with it, and he'll never tell us that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don’t think he should be fired. He did a hell of a job this year. But he certainly seems to struggle with statistical information staring him right in his motherfucking face. He should probably have to take a few math classes.

fired? the dude instilled winning in Detroit

He should get a statue before he should get fired