• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's say the Sox are sellers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like their year this year, so who would you deal?

Pretty much anyone who's a FA you don't want to re-sign I would think.

Grandal for sure, and Giolito. After that there are guys to sell that you may not get much for but no reason not to: Andrus, Lopez, maybe even Anderson

Lynn is done so him too even though you'd get very little.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take offers on anybody but I’d say Burger/Vaughn/Robert are the most unlikely to be traded…well…at least if I was gm.

Anderson should be top of the list. Time to cash whatever chips we have on him.

I would like to see them move at least 3-4 players just to send a message/shake things up.

Hahn’s firing draws closer so that’s nice.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take offers on anybody but I’d say Burger/Vaughn/Robert are the most unlikely to be traded…well…at least if I was gm.

Anderson should be top of the list. Time to cash whatever chips we have on him.

I would like to see them move at least 3-4 players just to send a message/shake things up.

Hahn’s firing draws closer so that’s nice.

Timmy needs a change of scenery. I'd move Robert too and Cease.

Bring Renteria back and give him some more prospects.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy needs a change of scenery. I'd move Robert too and Cease.

Bring Renteria back and give him some more prospects.
If they're planning to pull the second coming of the '97 White Flag, then we might as well clean house. I think we'd get the best prospects for the respective trades in this order:

Cease
Robert
Vaughn
Jimenez
Kopech
Moncada
Anderson
Giolito

Cease would undoubtedly bring the biggest haul due to his contract status, as well as being considered a premium starter, despite his less-than-stellar season to date. Robert probably wouldn't be too far behind, if at all. I'd list Timmay and Gio at the bottom due to their present contract statuses.

The sad part about all this is the Central is such a winnable division. But our team sucks so bad that even being just 5.5 games back might be insurmountable, which is pathetic.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're planning to pull the second coming of the '97 White Flag, then we might as well clean house. I think we'd get the best prospects for the respective trades in this order:

Cease
Robert
Vaughn
Jimenez
Kopech
Moncada
Anderson
Giolito

Cease would undoubtedly bring the biggest haul due to his contract status, as well as being considered a premium starter, despite his less-than-stellar season to date. Robert probably wouldn't be too far behind, if at all. I'd list Timmay and Gio at the bottom due to their present contract statuses.

The sad part about all this is the Central is such a winnable division. But our team sucks so bad that even being just 5.5 games back might be insurmountable, which is pathetic.
They're not good enough to win even that crummy division. I had some optimism a few weeks ago but clearly it ain't their year.

But you want to trade everyone away and start over? Or keep the younger pieces to try to keep it going? If it's retooling you keep everyone on that list but Giolito and Anderson. Trade Grandal too of course.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cease
Robert
Vaughn
Jimenez
Kopech
Moncada
Anderson
Giolito

Yeah, I say - if you're going to do it? Do it all the way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I say - if you're going to do it? Do it all the way.
Wasn't necessarily suggesting a total clean house, but at the same time, just nickel and diming the roster with a trade here and there, this won't get us jack shit now nor help us down the road. So my take is if the Sox are even contemplating the '23 version of '97, then fuck it, might as well go all out. We can become the Kansas City Royals/Oakland A's for the next half decade. Won't that be fun!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't necessarily suggesting a total clean house, but at the same time, just nickel and diming the roster with a trade here and there, this won't get us jack shit now nor help us down the road. So my take is if the Sox are even contemplating the '23 version of '97, then fuck it, might as well go all out. We can become the Kansas City Royals/Oakland A's for the next half decade. Won't that be fun!!!

Sh*t...I'd trade our last decade for the either of those teams' last decades. We are the dreg team. We are the "At least we're not those guys" team. Reality bites.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody should be available but at the same time we have the same morons making the trades. So fucked either way

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood Swingin'?

Define pathetic:
The Dodgers have an @MLB-best 9 of the industry’s top 100 prospects, per @MLBPipeline

This is an organization that for how many years now have finished anywhere from the best record in the majors to no worse than the top 4 or 5, and yet there they are with the highest number of Top 100 prospects. Now THAT's the epitome of excellent ownership, management and scouting. Then here we are possibly looking to do a second rebuild in less than a decade.

:lm: