• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Let's Just Give Jameis the Heisman Already..." --Sports Media

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's just give Jameis the Heisman already..."

---the sports media (example: Jameis Winston lives up to the hype - ESPN)

25-of-27 for 356 yards and 5 TDs is certainly great... but can he keep it up against better teams than Pitt? Last year, the media were ready to crown Geno Smith after the first 5 games before the wheels came off the West Virginia bus...

What do you all think? Is Winston really this good?

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely, pittsburgh has historically been a nightmare for opposing QBs, and trends with this much momentum just don't stop in college football

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he live up to the hype of what people thought he could do? Yes. It is one game though. His fundamentals were really good. He got away with 2 really bad throws under pressure though. Let's see him in Death Valley and against UF before claiming anything.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly better than most young QB's, whether he will compete for a Heisman is yet to be seen. Johnny won more off the excitement from his electrifying runs than the stats. ESPN and the like will find a way to make any stat line look impressive, look what they did with Teo, he has to win games and get exposure. It is a good sign for him though that ESPN has already taken notice of him, this time last year no one took notice of any of Manziel's accomplishments.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick O'Leary began his campaign for the Mackey Award.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely, pittsburgh has historically been a nightmare for opposing QBs, and trends with this much momentum just don't stop in college football

:wtf: Pitt sucks and weren't within 5 yards of like half the receivers he threw to.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is surrounded by awesome wr/te/RB talent and on many of his passes they made him look good. His stat line was fantastic but espn immediately jumps the gun and will throw him in the top 5 for Heisman I'm sure.

Pitt played a really soft coverage which allowed FSU to literally run a play over and over and over for 7-10 yards a pass. Tough for Pitt to really scheme with no film- other teams will have a better plan.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome! Wish he would have gone to Alabama but don't think they were going to let him play both sports. However, I've never seen so many wide open receivers. I don't mean windows of a few feet. We're talking yards! We'll have to wait and see but what a start!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wanted to go to Texas, but they didn't recruit me." - Winston

No, the media already is lined up with Bridgewater, Clowney and a manziel repeat.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is surrounded by awesome wr/te/RB talent and on many of his passes they made him look good. His stat line was fantastic but espn immediately jumps the gun and will throw him in the top 5 for Heisman I'm sure.

Pitt played a really soft coverage which allowed FSU to literally run a play over and over and over for 7-10 yards a pass. Tough for Pitt to really scheme with no film- other teams will have a better plan.

All Pitt had to do was watch film of the last 6 years to see what FSU does. Same exact plays as last year and the years before that.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was Pitt for God's sake.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to start this post off by saying I absolutely hate that we didn't land this guy. He's a great kid from what I've heard from friends that have hung out with him, and he played nearly flawless in this game. I think JW has the potential to win the Heisman trophy one day in his career, possibly as a freshman if continues on the road he just started down.

Having said that, I have to agree with what others are saying....it was Pitt. When he lights up VT or even Clemson like that, then I'll say throw him in the Heisman talk.

So far, the dude looks legit. We could see FSU in the natty if he continues to play this way.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey one of the U faithful was claiming Duke for it after your game with FIU. Pitt is better than FIU. With that said. It was one game.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's just give Jameis the Heisman already..."

---the sports media (example: Jameis Winston lives up to the hype - ESPN)

25-of-27 for 356 yards and 5 TDs is certainly great... but can he keep it up against better teams than Pitt? Last year, the media were ready to crown Geno Smith after the first 5 games before the wheels came off the West Virginia bus...

What do you all think? Is Winston really this good?

LOL @ you...

So a true freshman goes on a road game in rainy ass Pittsburgh, absolutely tears it up, and we are going to criticize him because he didn't do it against an Alabama, Stanford, or LSU???

Really. He is a kid and tore it up against a proud football program that isn't as bad as you think.

God people.... HE IS A TRUE FRESHMAN!!!

Florida State fans... Welcome to the Jelly of the month club. You will be getting served heaping portions from now til Winston is a 1st round NFL draft pick...

Haters... Here, for you

Grape_Jelly-5.jpg

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wanted to go to Texas, but they didn't recruit me." - Winston

No, the media already is lined up with Bridgewater, Clowney and a manziel repeat.

Just like last year after week 1 the Heisman was lined up for Barkley and or Lee, Geno Smith, and EJ...

CFB fans hardly knew Johnny Football.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ya, and on the other hand... It was an 18 year old on the road in his 1st CFB game for God's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing everyone said about JF until the Bama game.

One minor distinction. J. Winston was the #1 high school qb. Everyone wanted him. JF not even close to that.