• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron & Co. sitting out tonight 'cuz of Barkley?

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'm not an NBA fan and don't pay any attention to it so I don't really know what's going on. However, on Mike & Mike this morning, they announced that Lebron, Irving and Love would sit out tonight's game against OKC which is being shown on Barkley's TNT channel. They were wondering whether these stars were sitting out the game to punish TNT 'cuz of Barkley, who apparently is in a tiff with Lebron? Would the Cavs be this petty?

Just wondering if you knowledgeable fans had any thoughts about this.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fake news to me.

I can't imagine players getting paid millions to play and they're going to sit out over a childish argument with some announcer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue said he was thinking about sitting them- since this is their 3rd game in 4 days and like 4 games in 6 days or something like that...

i dont think it was 100% for sure but i know its definitely a possibility.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'm not an NBA fan and don't pay any attention to it so I don't really know what's going on. However, on Mike & Mike this morning, they announced that Lebron, Irving and Love would sit out tonight's game against OKC which is being shown on Barkley's TNT channel. They were wondering whether these stars were sitting out the game to punish TNT 'cuz of Barkley, who apparently is in a tiff with Lebron? Would the Cavs be this petty?

Stupid logic. Their game on Monday was on TNT. They're sitting out because it's a B2B and 3rd game in 4 nights. All in different cities.

Reactions: TJL

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is a giant joke now. It's run by mega stars and its just two teams. No one gives crap about these regular season games and everyone is just waiting for the Finals in June when the two franchises who were willing to pay money in GS and Cleveland meet for another time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stern fined the Spurs a few years ago for sitting players against the Heat in a nationally televised game.

Wonder if Silver will do the same to the Cavs?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This truly confirms today's "superstars" are truly the biggest bunch of hairless pussies in NBA history. It is true. The money making superstars control the game and do whatever the fuck they want to do. Join forces, establish super tears. COLLUDE their way to titles. And as a result this is the NBA you have today.

No talent distribution. No men. No competitiveness. Nothing

The NBA is going to be bleeding viewers sooner or later if this keeps up. Why even have a regular season? We already know the end result:

Stacked Warriors vs. Stacked Cavs (Possibly with Melo now).

Pussified League without question

Everything Chuck said was 100 PERCENT SPOT ON. LeBitch is bothered by it because he knows its the truth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern fined the Spurs a few years ago for sitting players against the Heat in a nationally televised game.

Wonder if Silver will do the same to the Cavs?

I think the problem with the Spurs was ( as stupid as it may be) was that they didn't announce it early enough.

Reality is, result of game means 0 to Cavs.
Having players healthy means everything.

Sucks for the fans, but these divas don't really care.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with the Spurs was ( as stupid as it may be) was that they didn't announce it early enough.

Well, we were talking about Stern....

soooo.......

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the NBA still around I thought they merged with the WNBA considering the amount of woman I see on court I thought that was true.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was misinformation from the get go. Might as well have sat them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious when people call players soft for resting. Management makes these calls 95% of the time. It is not the players.

In this instance, my guess would be that Cavs brass planned to rest them and the players talked them out of it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious when people call players soft for resting. Management makes these calls 95% of the time. It is not the players.

In this instance, my guess would be that Cavs brass planned to rest them and JAMES talked them out of it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This truly confirms today's "superstars" are truly the biggest bunch of hairless pussies in NBA history. It is true. The money making superstars control the game and do whatever the fuck they want to do. Join forces, establish super tears. COLLUDE their way to titles. And as a result this is the NBA you have today.

No talent distribution. No men. No competitiveness. Nothing

The NBA is going to be bleeding viewers sooner or later if this keeps up. Why even have a regular season? We already know the end result:

Stacked Warriors vs. Stacked Cavs (Possibly with Melo now).

Pussified League without question

Everything Chuck said was 100 PERCENT SPOT ON. LeBitch is bothered by it because he knows its the truth.

I'm a lifelong Warriors fan (almost 40 years) and I think it's kind of stupid. The core that was there came straight through the org and I'm really glad Durant is on the team but unless you're a flashy team you don't have a chance to make a trade for someone with a no-trade clause or sign a free agent. I'm not going to criticize a guy for working where he wants to work though. This is on the league for basically letting the players run the show.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lifelong Warriors fan (almost 40 years) and I think it's kind of stupid. The core that was there came straight through the org and I'm really glad Durant is on the team but unless you're a flashy team you don't have a chance to make a trade for someone with a no-trade clause or sign a free agent. I'm not going to criticize a guy for working where he wants to work though. This is on the league for basically letting the players run the show.

Why shouldn't the players run the show? They are the show. They've been building some entertaining game play, these superteams are fun to watch. Did no one like the 90s Bulls except Bulls fans? How about 80s LA and Boston, no casual fan excitement, no interest outside their cities?

I can't understand how fans of NBA basketball don't like seeing the best vs the best, to see the game played at its highest level. You can always root AGAINST the superteams, but you'll watch. No friggin way are the superteams bad for the NBA.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not rest home games?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this instance, my guess would be that Cavs brass planned to rest them and the players talked them out of it.

If Lebron wants to play, then he wil play. No way in hell Kobe will sit out a game if he is healthy.