• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ opts out

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ opts out of his contract.

Life will go on no matter what

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. If he leaves he would like a true bitch though

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. If he leaves he would like a true bitch though

He couldnt care less - Thats how divas are - Of course now that I say that, all the LBJ lovers will come out and support him and give him a pass by saying he did this because he had to etc...

In a sense, the move was expected and does make some sense for the Heat as well as it will allow them to possibly restructure and create cap room to get other guys - But the fact that he did it a few days ahead of the deadline makes him seem a little attention hungry again...

Guess he is not getting the attention he wants because they choked in the finals, so he wants to put the spot light back on himself so he opts out days in advance to stir things up.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all part of the plan. non issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust LeBron and I agree with Paolo about his love for attention. He could've done this on the 28th or 29th but he wants everyone to talk about him and speculate where he's going

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would've liked it if all 3 (wade, bron, bosh) all opted out on the same day, do it in unison, and give the fans some confidence that there's a cohesive plan.

But Lebron opting out was to be expected. Him doing it early is just him looking out for himself. Maybe his mind is 90 % set on returning to Miami, but he wants to give other teams a chance to pitch to him too.

I think Lebron stays unless there's a crazy development elsewhere. The big 3 will have a sit down with Pat Riley and I think they will say..."Alright we'll take a bit less money per year if we can get this player" and they will name that player and/or a number of players they'd like to see added.

I don't think the big 3 is just going to take a discount and blindly trust the front office to work magic. I think this time around they want some say in it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust LeBron and I agree with Paolo about his love for attention. He could've done this on the 28th or 29th but he wants everyone to talk about him and speculate where he's going

You know things are bad when bks agrees with me

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would've liked it if all 3 (wade, bron, bosh) all opted out on the same day, do it in unison, and give the fans some confidence that there's a cohesive plan.

But Lebron opting out was to be expected. Him doing it early is just him looking out for himself. Maybe his mind is 90 % set on returning to Miami, but he wants to give other teams a chance to pitch to him too.

I think Lebron stays unless there's a crazy development elsewhere. The big 3 will have a sit down with Pat Riley and I think they will say..."Alright we'll take a bit less money per year if we can get this player" and they will name that player and/or a number of players they'd like to see added.

I don't think the big 3 is just going to take a discount and blindly trust the front office to work magic. I think this time around they want some say in it

They had say last time as well. They're the reason Miami signed miller and resigned haslem in 2010 and who in the world you think got big Z in miami in 2010 also.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and give the fans some confidence that there's a cohesive plan.

I wouldnt have put too much stock if they had done this together - But I don’t put much stock into the fact that they will do it separately either.

To your point about cohesion, (I know this will be an unpopular statement but) after a failure of a season and thus far this big 3 experiment not having reached its full potential - you shouldnt be surprised if there is a lack of cohesion between the guys.

While IMO Lebron didnt exactly play as hard as he could at times, he had to carry quite the load this season, in part because of Wade being his usual diva self and bitching out of games - Chris Bosh being inconsistent.

Not saying another long winning streak would have made there season and fate any better , but this team was never as lethal as it could have been on so many occassions this season.

Much like was the case after they fell short against Dallas , this team needs to reassess what their roles are on this team and what they bring to the team - particularly from Wade - He needs to find a way to keep himself healthy and make himself available to the team for as many games as possible - Otherwise be ready and willing to take less money and a lesser role - if you cant do that, just call it a career - do what is right for the team.

This is what I meant when I said it wasn’t a good thing if these guys/ any players held their team hostage and said “ we want to see what you do before we make our decision” There is absolutely NO reason why these guys should not trust this particular front office - they are committed to doing whatever it takes to win - they will do what is best for the team the way they see fit - if after that these guys are still not satisfied, then they should be gone... cant allow these guys(athletes in general) to dictate what you do to your team - no matter who these guys are, where they got drafted, the money they earn or even what they have accomplished in their career - its not to take anything away from their accomplishments but that shouldnt be reason to let them dictate what you do.

If anyone should be worried about trust it should be the Heat organization as a whole and us few loyal fans - We should be worried about these guys being committed to making good on their predictions of winning not 6, not 7... There was a lack of committment this season among a lack of so many other things from the players - that has to change so that the front office can trust them that if they go out and get the guys that can help us, that they will do their part on a consistent basis.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a lot behind the scenes going here we as fans don't know about. Wade already said he was opting out and bosh indicated on lebatard's show that he would take less to stay in Miami. LeBron was just the first to have his agent officially tell the Heat.

Who knows how many texts/phone calls behind the scene have been made. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I want LeBron on the Heat, it makes us good. But looking at this logically, Miami is the best choice especially if Wade and Bosh take less. LeBron needs to stay in the East. It is weak. The Pacers are the only real threat.. Stephenson is gone and west is getting older. They aren't even that good of a threat. In Miami he will be in the finals year and year. In the west.. who knows.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a lot behind the scenes going here we as fans don't know about. Wade already said he was opting out and bosh indicated on lebatard's show that he would take less to stay in Miami. LeBron was just the first to have his agent officially tell the Heat.

Who knows how many texts/phone calls behind the scene have been made. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I want LeBron on the Heat, it makes us good. But looking at this logically, Miami is the best choice especially if Wade and Bosh take less. LeBron needs to stay in the East. It is weak. The Pacers are the only real threat.. Stephenson is gone and west is getting older. They aren't even that good of a threat. In Miami he will be in the finals year and year. In the west.. who knows.

This is the only thing that has me confident. The Clippers are said to be a threat. But if he goes out West, he's likely to have to take on the Spurs and/or the Thunder as well. You're almost guaranteed to have to be in two serious dog fights of a series out West.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Flauge, Miami is the best destination for Lebron if all big 3 agree to take a mini discount for longer years.

His other choices aren't exactly mind blowingly desirable either

a) Cleveland Cavs - Hometown with some decent young talent and the 1st pick in the draft. But...does Lebron trust an organization like this with no track record and an owner that Lebron despises? I wouldn't. I doubt Lebron sees this as a destination

b) Houston Rockets- Intriguing with Harden and Dwight on the team...but Lebron with Dwight means the lane will be clogged, add that with James Harden's dependent on drawing fouls taking it to the lane make a bad combination. Plus Houston has a lot of moves to make in order to clear cap space.

c) LA Lakers - Lol

d) LA Clippers - In order to clear space Clips would probably have to trade Blake Griffin. Lebron is smart...he knows if he moves West it's going to have to be a team that makes him significantly better. I would argue that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh + whoever Riley is able to sign with the remaining 12-15 mil of cap space is better than what the Clippers team would look like with Lebron

e) Others like Mavs, Hawks, Bulls, etc - I just don't see it happening

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c) LA Lakers - Lol

You couldnt be more accurate. You just couldnt. You served them justice.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt Miami have more then just 12-15 mill in Cap Space? If Wade takes it down to the 12-13 mark that saves 8-9 mil right there. If bosh does the same, or close to it, thats around 15 mil. And I would assume LBJ would take a cut as well. I thought we were looking closer to the 17-20 mil range. which is a good chunk of change in cap space.

Question tho, How do signing bonuses work? Can it be any amount or only a % of the contract. And does it count against the cap? Why not just offer them larger signing bonuses to make up for what they would be losing in the new contracts. And can a team give a bonus to a player to kind of force them to retire and it not count against the cap? Im looking at you Haslem.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford just tweeted that the heat are looking to move up in the draft, apparently the interest is in Shabazz Napier!

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see them being able to move up high enough to get him, especially now that they made it public why they want to move up.