• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawler vs Condit

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you missed it, go find a replay ASAP. Lawler barely retains on split decision in an unbelievable slugfest of a fight. Could easily have gone to Condit and I really wouldn't have been pissed with a straight up draw. Just nuts. We're 2 days into 2016 and that is likely Fight of the Year

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condit got robbed. He landed way more strikes than Robbie even attempted. I'll give Robbie Round 2 and 3 but he really only had 2 moments in that fight. The rest of it was Condit out working and out striking him over and over and over.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condit got robbed. He landed way more strikes than Robbie even attempted. I'll give Robbie Round 2 and 3 but he really only had 2 moments in that fight. The rest of it was Condit out working and out striking him over and over and over.

I thought Condit won too but I don't think robbed is the best word for it in a fight like that. There have been far worse decisions.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughably bad decision. There have been worse decisions, and there were some other pretty questionably scored fights last night (e.g., one of the judges having Noke beating Morono 30-27, two having Kish beating Ansaroff 30-27), but that fight was pretty clearly three rounds to two. They split the first two, Condit took 3-4, and Lawler took 5. I don't think there's any room for debate on that. If you wanna give Lawler a two-point 5th, making it a 47-47 draw, I could see that, although, I wouldn't agree with it, but there's no way he won three rounds. His corner knew it and it was pretty obvious with how he fought the 5th that he knew it too.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're giving Lawler 3, then he won the fight. That's the only round that was disputed on the judges' scorecards.

By the numbers, Condit landed more significant strikes in every single round. Absent a single takedown, and with both knockdowns resulting in pretty indisputable round victories for the guy that landed it, it's pretty hard to wrap one's head around Lawler winning two of the three remaining rounds. Condit doubled his output in the 3rd and the 4th was easily the most lopsided round of the fight. I didn't think there was a 2-point round to be had, but if there was, it was probably the 4th.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a replay to share?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Condit won the fight, but I don't think he was robbed. His volume was certainly higher, but Lawler did more damage with his strikes. If you expect to take a champions title, you'd better knock him out, tap him out, or dominate a decision