• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how the league formally rules on this, there are going to be a shitload of angry people once the decision has been announced. But from a logistical standpoint, an emotional standpoint, and simply from a realistic standpoint, I'm going with them voiding the game, which is pretty much equated to a tie. It just makes too much sense on a number of levels.
actually a tie is worse for any teams above .500.
But I agree to void the game.
They just use their win pct. from a 16 game schedule while everyone else uses theirs from a 17 game schedule.

To me that is the best & fairest way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually a tie is worse for any teams above .500.
But I agree to void the game.
They just use their win pct. from a 16 game schedule while everyone else uses theirs from a 17 game schedule.

To me that is the best & fairest way.
So this kid died in a non-game?? Come on people. It was a short game. They both had the ball and then it was called. Burrow really threw a touchdown against a real nfl defense in a live game. Count it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this kid died in a non-game?? Come on people. It was a short game. They both had the ball and then it was called. Burrow really threw a touchdown against a real nfl defense in a live game. Count it.
its not a complete game. Its not even a quarter.
No game.
Dont count it!
Just like boxing if it is stopped too early.
No Contest.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a complete game. Its not even a quarter.
No game.
Dont count it!
Just like boxing if it is stopped too early.
No Contest.
Both teams could have won or lost. The Bengals did more on the scoreboard and won.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ARTICLE 4. EMERGENCY SITUATIONS

The NFL affirms the position that in most circumstances all regular-season and postseason games should be played to their conclusion. If, in the opinion of appropriate League authorities, it is impossible to begin or continue a game due to an emergency, or a game is deemed to be imminently threatened by any such emergency (e.g., severely inclement weather, lightning, flooding, power failure), the following procedures (Articles 5 through 11) will serve as guidelines for the Commissioner and/or the duly appointed representatives. The Commissioner has the authority to review the circumstances of each emergency and to adjust the following procedures in whatever manner the Commissioner deems appropriate. If, in the Commissioner’s opinion, it is reasonable to project that the resumption of an interrupted game would not change its ultimate result or adversely affect any other inter-team competitive issue, the Commissioner is empowered to terminate the game.

ARTICLE 8. INTERRUPTED GAME

If, under emergency circumstances, an interrupted regular-season or post-season game cannot be completed on the same day, such game will be rescheduled by the Commissioner and resumed at that point.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not understanding why anyone would not want to play it out......

As I said in my last post about the implications of not playing it....

Cincy wins,that puts them at the 2nd seed.....
Buffalo wins,that ties them with KC for the no.1 seed......
If Buffalo and Cincy end up playing each other in the playoffs,who gets hfa.....???...Buffalo because Cincy chonceded this game as a tie......??
Should it be in Cincy cause they were up 7-3 when the game was suspended.....??
Do they just say,hey its a wash again......??

Cincy and Buffalo both have to suit up Sunday and play,but they cant suit up to play out this game.....??.....makes no sense.

And if Hamlin could talk,Im betting he would want the game to go on........Death occurs everyday and the show still must go on..........Its not that Im being noncompassionate here,but its the hard truth......and its not like he took some vicious hit,he did the tackling with just a simple tackle.......I almost have to think he has a heart condition without knowing it.......

Sean McDonough and headcoach for Cincy need to give their teams a motivational speech to get their teams ready........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how the league formally rules on this, there are going to be a shitload of angry people once the decision has been announced. But from a logistical standpoint, an emotional standpoint, and simply from a realistic standpoint, I'm going with them voiding the game, which is pretty much equated to a tie. It just makes too much sense on a number of levels.

Who would be mad if they played......??

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you can fit the game in.

It's gonna have to be voided.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them moving 16 games back a week because of 1 game. The logistics would be a nightmare - tickets, employees, schedules, venues....I don't see this as a viable option for a multitude of reasons.

I was thinking the logistics would be a problem, but are they really? Few teams have even their first playoff game set.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but have squeaked by the past two weeks and could get caught looking past the Raiders?
That would be a Ball Don’t Lie outcome if the Raiders upset the Chiefs.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the logistics would be a problem, but are they really? Few teams have even their first playoff game set.
Depending on the results this weekend, if the game matters, they'll finish it in the 19th week, start the playoffs a week later, and eliminate the first week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of seeing if 1st and 2nd place would just be willing to split their pots.

I was considering the same, since the championship game in my work league was within reasonable range of flipping the outcome with that Monday night game. Just waiting to see if the NFL confirms a cancelation or make up date.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the results this weekend, if the game matters, they'll finish it in the 19th week, start the playoffs a week later, and eliminate the first week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

The next question (between Bills fans) is this: will the Bills even be mentally ready to play this Sunday? It is in the range of outcomes that the Bills forfeit that game, which should trigger the cancelation of the partial game IMO. They could very well be content with a 3 seed if the players aren't ready to compete.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not understanding why anyone would not want to play it out......

As I said in my last post about the implications of not playing it....

Cincy wins,that puts them at the 2nd seed.....
Buffalo wins,that ties them with KC for the no.1 seed......
If Buffalo and Cincy end up playing each other in the playoffs,who gets hfa.....???...Buffalo because Cincy chonceded this game as a tie......??
Should it be in Cincy cause they were up 7-3 when the game was suspended.....??
Do they just say,hey its a wash again......??

Cincy and Buffalo both have to suit up Sunday and play,but they cant suit up to play out this game.....??.....makes no sense.

And if Hamlin could talk,Im betting he would want the game to go on........Death occurs everyday and the show still must go on..........Its not that Im being noncompassionate here,but its the hard truth......and its not like he took some vicious hit,he did the tackling with just a simple tackle.......I almost have to think he has a heart condition without knowing it.......

Sean McDonough and headcoach for Cincy need to give their teams a motivational speech to get their teams ready........

It's seems that people are assuming that only Hamlin's teammates are deeply affected by his medical status. I would guess that the Bengals players are nearly equally freaked out and the emphasis on seeding may not be important to any of them right now (and it may affect players around the league as well). Regardless of their week 17 and 18 outcomes, both teams are in the playoffs and have locked up their divisions if the week 17 game is canceled/tied.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams could have won or lost. The Bengals did more on the scoreboard and won.

No official procedure for partial games:

ARTICLE 8. INTERRUPTED GAME

If, under emergency circumstances, an interrupted regular-season or post-season game cannot be completed on the same day, such game will be rescheduled by the Commissioner and resumed at that point.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are...

Leading the league in net yards per play

5-2 against playoff teams

Probably going to finish with 14 wins.

Will very likely have the runaway MVP.

Losing to the Raiders is pretty dang unlikely to happen with Stidham.