• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Suffers Knee Sprain

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it Shanahan? Did he not feel it until he went to bed last night or was it bad enough that he had an MRI after the game. It can't be both. Shanahan can't even keep track of his lies.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fans can't have it both ways, you can't play Lance and then expect no injury.

If you play Lance, then running is part of his threat. If you don't ever run him, then there's no threat. Injury is one of those hard luck things, more so when you have a lousy O-line.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you play Lance, then running is part of his threat. If you don't ever run him, then there's no threat. Injury is one of those hard luck things, more so when you have a lousy O-line.
There is a big difference between a "running QB" and the QB having 16 carries. Shanny called A LOT of designed QB runs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a big difference between a "running QB" and the QB having 16 carries. Shanny called A LOT of designed QB runs.
Yes there is a difference, ok 16 is too much, then what is the optimum number of QB runs? I'm asking for the current situation, not in the future when Lance is a better passer. BTW - isn't some of these QB runs QB sneaks?

Shannahan can either run it without using Lance, or pass it but Lance isn't the passer yet? More so Lance can't pass if the O-line can't protect. So at this point if you call a pass, there is a higher chance of INT, Sack, Holding, or sack/fumble. Not saying this is likely to happen, but saying the chances do increase.

So you can run without using Lance, but how is that working?

I'm NOT for calling excessive QB runs, but at this juncture its not easy when the O-line isn't consistent.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is nonsense. You don't run him up the middle like a fullback. Running should be what an NFL QB does when he has to. Not a designed staple of the offense where he has double the amount of carries of your top running back..

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more surprised he's not in the concussion protocol after that stuffing he got at the goal line.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is a difference, ok 16 is too much, then what is the optimum number of QB runs? I'm asking for the current situation, not in the future when Lance is a better passer. BTW - isn't some of these QB runs QB sneaks?

Shannahan can either run it without using Lance, or pass it but Lance isn't the passer yet? More so Lance can't pass if the O-line can't protect. So at this point if you call a pass, there is a higher chance of INT, Sack, Holding, or sack/fumble. Not saying this is likely to happen, but saying the chances do increase.

So you can run without using Lance, but how is that working?

I'm NOT for calling excessive QB runs, but at this juncture its not easy when the O-line isn't consistent.
I can see a half dozen called running plays for someone like a mobile QB and then there will be a few incidental runs where the QB has to escape the pocket, etc. But what we saw was too much--I don't think I was alone in seeing us hand the ball to a RB even less than we usually do with Grop even though logic would dictate that we rely more on the traditional running game rather than less. If the OC has to call QB runs b/c the QB can't pass, one has to ask if the RB is hurt or if the QB should be starting or if the OC can't fit his offense to the player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see a half dozen called running plays for someone like a mobile QB and then there will be a few incidental runs where the QB has to escape the pocket, etc. But what we saw was too much--I don't think I was alone in seeing us hand the ball to a RB even less than we usually do with Grop even though logic would dictate that we rely more on the traditional running game rather than less. If the OC has to call QB runs b/c the QB can't pass, one has to ask if the RB is hurt or if the QB should be starting or if the OC can't fit his offense to the player.
Ok half a dozen, but there were 10 or 11 called runs, not 16. The 16 includes 'incidental' runs so 16 is deceiving. Again, i'm not saying run Lance this many times from now on and forever, am saying what other options are there today? Our RB's aren't effective either whether its on them or partly the blocking.

The D isn't expecting Lance to run 10-11 times, so they defend the RB first. So in this way Lance has a chance to break a big one. If we want to beat Arizona 'today', you take some risks being he can't pass well.