• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Rumor and Speculation Thread

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a trade idea for the Lakers and Bulls that may seem a little crazy at first glance, but could help both teams. The Bulls in the short run and the Lakers in the long.

Since Pau is the Lakers most tradeable asset (which pisses me off because Pau is my favorite Laker), how about Pau for Joakim Noah?

Pros:

Bulls: It gives them the post presence that they lack on offense. Pau can score from right under the basket all the way to the 3 point line. The Bulls have no one else on their roster who can do this as consistently as Pau. He is also an excellent passer and can hit guys for open jumpers and on cuts to the hoop.

Lakers: They get an "energy guy" who doesn't need the ball, plays great defense and while he is nowhere near Pau offensively, he's probably no worse than Howard was and he'll play the pick and roll!! He is also young and would be a great piece to have in place for the re-build. I'm sure that very few upcoming free agents would have issues playing with Noah.

Cons:

Bulls: Pau is a downgrade defensively. However, the Bulls play good enough defense that they should be able to cover up this weakness enough that the upgrade on offense more than makes up for the loss on defense. Pau is also "old" so this would clearly be a "win now" move on their part.

Lakers: Noah is a downgrade offensively, but scoring shouldn't be much of an issue with this roster and D'Antoni's system. Noah may score a little more in D'Antoni's system because he will run the floor. Also, just as Pau would make up for his defensive deficiencies on the offensive end, Noah would make up for his offensive liabilities on the defensive end.

Not sure where the Bulls are cap wise, but Pau's contract expires at the end of the year, so they could re-sign him for less for a couple of more seasons at a lower salary.

Okay, pick it apart!!

Ah I'm sorry but the minute you said Noah & trading Pau for him aint gonna help Kobe win now & i know you mean in the long run but IMO Noah is a just a nice player to have not a piece to build around. Keep him away from LA.

I'm pretty sure Lakers can still keep Pau & Kobe next season & still sign 2 max contracts

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Kobe and Pau are willing to take less to attract more star power for next year.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe isnt just about money LA. I know he will do what is best in order to chase another ring.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah I'm sorry but the minute you said Noah & trading Pau for him aint gonna help Kobe win now & i know you mean in the long run but IMO Noah is a just a nice player to have not a piece to build around. Keep him away from LA.

I'm pretty sure Lakers can still keep Pau & Kobe next season & still sign 2 max contracts

All true to a point. The Lakers can get Noah and still put a roster around Kobe via free agency to be contenders.

Noah may make them more attractive to star players because they won't be wondering who is left when the "old guys" retire in a couple of years.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Kobe and Pau are willing to take less to attract more star power for next year.

I'm confident both are willing to work with management and will take reasonable contracts depending on what free agents the Lakers can sign. These guys have both made a ton of money already. I think at this point of their careers they want more rings over more money.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident both are willing to work with management and will take reasonable contracts depending on what free agents the Lakers can sign. These guys have both made a ton of money already. I think at this point of their careers they want more rings over more money.

Exactly I agree. Kobe wants ring number 6 badly and I think that is more important to him than money at this point. Also he made more money off endorsements than he did through the NBA over the years lol