• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacy for McCoy

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, by excluding 1st rounders!!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that matters is who was taken first, and whether there is a moment in time where a change of mind is logical, and whether the trade reflects those moments...

I know, assumptions, but i dont claim i am not making assumptions...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but again, just answer this one question

If you are willing to veto a trade, how are you supposed to do so without making your own assumptions and opinions about that trade???

That is the entire point.

You should not be so willing to veto any trade.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the entire point.

You should not be so willing to veto any trade.

I just don't understand the logic behind saying that you are willing to veto only if egregious... Your making the assumptions and opinions to make it egregious!!! I just think if you are willing to Veto a trade, you should veto any trade that you believe collusion is the cause based on your own opinions of the trade...

And to me this trade is screaming Collusion...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I'm curious, what trades of mine would you have vetoed? Was it baseball or football?

In baseball, I made some stupendously bad ones this year, I think. Kemp keeps coming to mind. :scratch:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I'm curious, what trades of mine would you have vetoed? Was it baseball or football?

In baseball, I made some stupendously bad ones this year, I think. Kemp keeps coming to mind. :scratch:

Nothing too bad yet in football, but I do remember a couple I hated last season. If I can find last year trades I will tell you. And unfortunately as a b-leaguer in baseball I don't have real access to your trades. The only difference though with you, is I know for a fact it isn't collusion. I have made vetoeable trades too, in fact I had a trade of mine vetoed once. Was so pissed off about it, but i blame it on the leagues terrible management. That league folded due to ineptness.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing too bad yet in football, but I do remember a couple I hated last season. If I can find last year trades I will tell you. And unfortunately as a b-leaguer in baseball I don't have real access to your trades. The only difference though with you, is I know for a fact it isn't collusion. I have made vetoeable trades too, in fact I had a trade of mine vetoed once. Was so pissed off about it, but i blame it on the leagues terrible management. That league folded due to ineptness.

Ok, here's my point: without knowing my roster, and what I have done on the waiver wire, you are judging solely on perceived value and not even taking into account perceived need. I can tell you that, now that I think of it, trading Kluber was probably by far the worst trade I made. He was also someone I had picked up off waivers a week or so before.

If this is why you decided to use me as an example as someone who makes vetoable trades, that's WAY off base. I'm not upset or anything about this, just curious about your reasoning for singling me out.

We now return this regularly scheduled thread back to football. ;)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not vetoable, but a very bad logic trade

10/5/2013

Chef trades Dez Bryant
Julius Thomas- after a couple huge games

Barilko trades- Trent Richardson- after being traded to the Colts- Not sure why the expectation was so high so immediate
Jared Cook- for some reason he was expected to be good- but received him after 3 dud games

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here's my point: without knowing my roster, and what I have done on the waiver wire, you are judging solely on perceived value and not even taking into account perceived need. I can tell you that, now that I think of it, trading Kluber was probably by far the worst trade I made. He was also someone I had picked up off waivers a week or so before.

If this is why you decided to use me as an example as someone who makes vetoable trades, that's WAY off base. I'm not upset or anything about this, just curious about your reasoning for singling me out.

Like I said the transition was bad,

What I meant with bringing you in... You are known in the MBBRL world as the owner who makes the most trades, was just bringing you in to be the face of my point... Unfortunately I failed at making that point at that time, and made me look foolish... But what my point was that before you can veto you should know your league and know who you are vetoing... If someone is a trading machine, then you can easily assume that any bad trade they make is part of there master plan since they tend to be a little crazy anyway(yes I am calling some of your trades crazy)... But your trades should never get vetoed, because you make so many trades that it works out at the end, or even if it doesn't you still are so active that you should always get the benefit of doubt...

I still don't know if I make sense... all I know is that I wish I didn't make that point, it really hasn't helped me at all...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10/5/2013

Chef trades Dez Bryant

Barilko trades- Trent Richardson- after being traded to the Colts- Not sure why the expectation was so high so immediate
Jared Cook- for some reason he was expected to be good- but received him after 3 dud games

Ah, the trade that killed my playoff hopes and the reason that I cannot stand Trent Richardson.

Yep, turned out to be the worst trade I ever made. At the time, Richardson was a top 10 back and even considered to be top 3 by many. Dez was Dez, and Julius was still not considered a sure thing. I felt I needed a top RB. Chalk it up to my bad, and I paid for it.

Still, in your own words, this is not a vetoable trade. So why bring it up?

And not for nothing, I still finished at .500 for the season, one game out of the playoffs, and second in the division.

Hmm...who finished at 5-9 and last place in their division? :whistle:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's up to the commish to protect league members from themselves, it's not an unfair trade if it was McCoy for Adrian Peterson then okay veto it but it's not it's 2 top 5 players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10/5/2013

Chef trades Dez Bryant

You are way off here too. This deal was bad because of the results. At the time, I actually advised Chef to do this. Richardson was viewed as the best player in this deal and Thomas was still not a confirmed stud. His inclusion in the deal made up the gap between Dez and TRich.

TRich was a top 5 overall pick last year, and many (including me) thought that the trade to Indy would help him immensely. Pep Hamilton has always been a run first OC, but with a legitimate passing threat, I believed TRich would be much better than he was in Cleveland.

Clearly, that was wrong.

Looking back, this was clearly an epicly bad trade (maybe on the alltime bad trades list for fantasy football), but to say it was vetoable is just not correct. If TRich had lived up to the hype, it would not have been so bad.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance, I think you may be missing the point here. He has stated that I have made trades that he would veto, and this is the example he comes up with, while also stating that he doesn't consider it vetoable.
What has me curious is a) why single me out as a prime example, and b) why even bother to post this trade and in the same breath admit that it is not a vetoable trade. That's all I'm wondering about.

Btw, thanks for that advice. I had kinda forgotten about that. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance, I think you may be missing the point here. He has stated that I have made trades that he would veto, and this is the example he comes up with, while also stating that he doesn't consider it vetoable.
What has me curious is a) why single me out as a prime example, and b) why even bother to post this trade and in the same breath admit that it is not a vetoable trade. That's all I'm wondering about.

Btw, thanks for that advice. I had kinda forgotten about that. ;)

Your welcome! Just trying to help!

So, you are saying that without this deal, we could be competing against you instead of Barilko this year?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome! Just trying to help!

So, you are saying that without this deal, we could be competing against you instead of Barilko this year?

We'll never know, but Barilko never stops thanking me. :rollseyes:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I thought it was the best trade you made all year..................:suds: Remember, the sun even shines on a dogs ass every now and again.........woof,woof! In all honesty though WHEN we made that trade I thought it was pretty even................it's the other trade we made that really helped my team and ended up hurting your playoff hopes and dreams!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but this is precisely why trades like the one proposed here should never be vetoed. As bad as Lacy has been, McCoy has been worse. Milk, you claim to not care about the results, but a shrewd owner may have see something watching the Eagles to scare him off about Shady.

Just because you think the value is bad does not make a trade veto able. It is quite possible that the Shady owner knew something the rest of us didn't.