• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kings vs. Rangers

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just see something different but Martinez is a ton better in his own end. That's the biggest difference between Muffin and Martinez. Both can skate, both can pass and both can shoot but Martinez is the lesser liability and a hell of a lot more physical.

Muffin is a giant pussy. That's why he gets the NA J-Blow moniker from me. That's also why St. Louis made him their bitch that entire playoff series a few months ago.

Scouting isn't a lost art.

Sutter saw something he didn't like with Muzzin's game, even with the goal. Martinez was skating with Greene during practice today.

Carter continues to be a complete bad ass. That is my contribution to this thread.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown defintely needs to start knocking people over and creating space. Ever since he spent time in the Swiss during the lockout he plays less physical it seems. Don't know if playing in Europe has anything to do it but he just doesn't seem to be the same player he was in the 2012 playoffs.
Muzzin is too much of a pushover to be commanding the comments that he gets from the Kings media. At least Sutter dropped some hints postgame about sitting him. Sure he has a canon of a shot, but he needs to be stronger on the puck and maintaining possession or taking possession away from the opponent more consistently for my book. The "turnover" he had against Steen (I think) during game 5 vs St Louis in the playoffs last season will be forever (justifiably or not) seered in my mind.
Sure the Kings are developing Forbort but it will be interesting to see how he plays in Manchester this season. There is also a lot of hype about Kevin Gravel (4th/5th round pick of same year as Forbort) supposedly playing similarly to Scuderi. But I see these guys not being regular contributors for 2 or 3 more years. What I'm "concerned" with is that I don't see another Greene (who if I'm not mistaken in an UFA at the end of this season) or a Mitchell, or any other physical stay at home dman in the pipeline right now. But I guess you can find those types of players on the market reasonably. I think they should try and pick one in the 2nd or 3rd round this next draft for grooming.

get ready for this shocker... Im gonna speak up for Brown lol

I wonder if his hamstring is still bothering him. Dustin Brown - Los Angeles Kings - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get ready for this shocker... Im gonna speak up for Brown lol

I don't think he is a bad player, I just think he is a bit overrated amongst Kings fans especially but the league as a whole. His leadership is suspect to me, and we all know where I stand with his "hit and hide" mentality.

As a player he has a role on this team and does it well when he is on his game.

Could very well be to start this season, but notice I mentioned his lack of hitting goes back to last season.

That is part of his game, and when he is not doing that to create space for himself and his teammates, not to mention keep the other team on their toes, he is essentially useless. He isn't overly skilled and is a north-south player so a lot of his goals will be scored in the ugly spots or from delivering a big hit and creating something for Kopitar or Williams or whoever. Haven't seen a lot of the hitting we became accustomed to over the years all of last season and so far this season.

Dude has another gear, we saw it in 2011-12 when the Kings won the Cup, and he needs to discover that level again.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutter saw something he didn't like with Muzzin's game, even with the goal. Martinez was skating with Greene during practice today.

Sutter said he probably shouldn't have started Muzzin on the season. I'm happy he finally sees that and is correcting it.

Muzzin is a turnover machine who panics when pressured. He will need to mature considerably in a short period of time since he isn't 20 or under. He also isn't very aggressive and plays way too soft for being as big as he is.

He is almost tapped out in terms of potential so it's make it or break it time for him really.

Carter continues to be a complete bad ass. That is my contribution to this thread.

Carter is a ton of fun to watch. He gets going at top speed and it's boggling how fast he is and how good his hands are. He doesn't look like he is moving but the guy is a bullet.

Has made more of an impact in 18 months as a King than Johnson did in 6-7 years.