• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeping it positive

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I include myself in those who see us being 1-2 as a negative but I do see quite a bit to be hopeful for...

1. When was the last time Rodgers has had 2 bad games in a row? Don`t count on him having many 2 int games ever.

2.This team can score.. The number of points we are putting up would usually be more than good enough for a 3-0 record.

3. McCarthy wanted a running game for balance and it appears he has found one, even if it is by committee.

4.Injuries.. The number of injuries is concerning but the positive is we should get most of these guys back after the bye and be close to full strength. Key guys I expect back soon are Lacy, Burnett, and Finley. Hopeful on Matthews and Hayward.

5.Defense.. No, we cant give up 30+ points and expect to win but for the most part I see improvement all around. This unit shows some potential.

6.kicking.. Masthay does a good job of putting the ball in the end zone on kickoffs. Crosby hasn`t had many kicks but he has made the ones he`s attempted.

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive? How about Aikmen and Buck covering some other teams games! Looking at the schedule, we may have seen the last of them for a while.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers can stay healthy, I like how this team is shaping up. Loss to Bengals is frustrating, but defense faltered at end only after Clay left.

Positives>
- Packers have back to back 100 yard rushers... 2 different rushers. We just gashed Bengals with dominant front 4 for 182 yards. Starks was on pace for 100 yards before leaving and Franklin rushed for over 100 yards so the OL is creating the holes with the zone blocking.

- Obviously do not miss Jennings/Driver. Nelson is making incredible catches.... missed Finley yesterday, but prior to concussion looked like he could have monster season. He could be back in 2 weeks.

- Defense will be getting Clay, Burnett back in 2 weeks I suspect... potentially Hayward. Bengals could not do anything vs defense until Clay left and Redskins could not either until garbage time.

- Rush defense is allowing 93 yards/game and 3.7 yards/attempt. Take out Morris garbage time numbers and looks even better. Packers played 3 of the leading teams in rushing last year already.

- Crosby may be over his kicking issues.

- Schedule will get easier after first part of schedule.

Only real concern is OL and pass blocking and the injuries. If Packers can stay healthy and OL can improve pass protection a bit I like Packers in the postseason.

Only dominant teams to now have been Seahawks and Broncos and still a long season to play out.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard of how bad the concussion on Finley was? It he doesn't pass the required tests, he could be out a few weeks.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley... McCarthy didn`t answer today only to say he`d have more to say next Monday when the team returns after the bye. I`d say anything beyond a guess at this point is pure speculation.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers just played his worst game in a LONG time, maybe ever and we still almost won on the road against a good team.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of this stuff is true, and we've all seen that GB can play exceptional football. They've overcome a lot of mistakes, but it still stands, they've come up short 2 out of 3 chances this year. Fluke? bad luck? start of a trend? I guess we'll find out.

These are the teams and games they need to win if they're going to do anything other than have a chance at the playoffs. Luckily there is a lot of football left to play.