• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KCJ: Ben Gordon open to returning to Bulls

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free for all: If there's one thing Ben Gordon learned the last time he entered free agency and left the Bulls for the Pistons, it's to never say never.

That's why, if by some minuscule chance, the Bulls come calling next summer, looking for scoring punch off the bench, he'd listen.

"I had a lot of success here, had a great time here," Gordon said. "I'm not in position to rule anybody out."

Of course, the Bulls would only do so with a minimum contract — and maybe not even then. But Gordon, who is finishing the five-year, $55 million deal he signed in 2009, made it sound as if money isn't his main priority — especially since he has fallen out of the rotation with the Bobcats.

"I'm at the point now where I would love to win a championship before I'm done playing," Gordon said. "I won one in high school and college, so I want to put myself in that type of situation. I feel it would complete my career."

Topic Galleries - chicagotribune.com

In a bench role? Sure would welcome him back to the team.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna take alot to get him back where he was really good here, but if you want to be on the bulls bench, you better plan on defending, so I dont think Thibs would be on board and he would just ride the bench here too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna take alot to get him back where he was really good here, but if you want to be on the bulls bench, you better plan on defending, so I dont think Thibs would be on board and he would just ride the bench here too.

True and false statement. Nate was here last year. Ben would be like him. He would add some offense to this team I still don't get how this team doesn't have a good offense. Thibs should of brought someone in already. This front office should of did a better job putting this team together.