• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Clippers and Cavs even listed?

The Cavs have nothing outside of #8 to offer and the Clippers know he wants to go to the Lakers.

Yeah the Cavs have no chance in hell

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And by vetoing it the trade and then basically going over the clippers gm to get a deal done it looked really bad for the NBA.

Like I said, it was clear it was about the lakers. Which means...the conflict was obvious.

We all know Ainge will be using it to his advantage. He knows the Spurs don't want to trade with the Lakers and he will spend the next couple of months chipping away at them until he fleeces them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Clippers and Cavs even listed?

The Cavs have nothing outside of #8 to offer and the Clippers know he wants to go to the Lakers.

#8 is enough DAMMIT!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently this rumor came fro Kawhi's camp and not Kawhi himself who has not requested a trade.

I'm wondering if this is posturing by his team to maximize their bargaining position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s the Suns or the Lakers lolll

What would the Suns offer? They already said they're not trading the #1 pick and Booker is certainly off limits too. Anything else the Suns have won't be enough

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently this rumor came fro Kawhi's camp and not Kawhi himself who has not requested a trade.

I'm wondering if this is posturing by his team to maximize their bargaining position.
That's indeed what a lot are thinking. Point blank though: Kawhi himself has to tell the Spurs at some point if he wants a trade, that he wants out. This meeting has to happen, with or without Kawhi's people.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie absolutely has to be in the deal.

For the Celtics part, sure. But I don't think a deal could get done with him in it unless its a 3 teamer to a team that he wants to resign with. There's no way I'm taking back Kyrie if I'm SA because I feel pretty confident he wouldn't resign there. I'd demand one of either Brown or Tatum and damn near every pick Boston has even if they put Kyrie in the trade. But its not going to happen because Kawhi's return will be low unless he says he wants to resign. That's why I think Boston is in a bigger bind than people realize when they keep throwing out the "Boston can put together the best deal!" lines. They can theoretically, but they also open themselves up to huge risks if it blows up. Their offer should be the bare minimum. They shouldn't be tossing in most of their assets like a lot of these hypotheticals are suggesting.

Actually, the more I think about it, Kyrie shouldn't be in the deal. It makes it even worse because it makes Boston a worse team and less likely that Kawhi would stick around. You'd want him on your team in hopes that maybe the two gel and decide we'll stick around. All the more reason to keep an offer for Kawhi slim just in case it doesn't.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Celtics part, sure. But I don't think a deal could get done with him in it unless its a 3 teamer to a team that he wants to resign with. There's no way I'm taking back Kyrie if I'm SA because I feel pretty confident he wouldn't resign there. I'd demand one of either Brown or Tatum and damn near every pick Boston has even if they put Kyrie in the trade. But its not going to happen because Kawhi's return will be low unless he says he wants to resign. That's why I think Boston is in a bigger bind than people realize when they keep throwing out the "Boston can put together the best deal!" lines. They can theoretically, but they also open themselves up to huge risks if it blows up. Their offer should be the bare minimum. They shouldn't be tossing in most of their assets like a lot of these hypotheticals are suggesting.

Actually, the more I think about it, Kyrie shouldn't be in the deal. It makes it even worse because it makes Boston a worse team and less likely that Kawhi would stick around. You'd want him on your team in hopes that maybe the two gel and decide we'll stick around. All the more reason to keep an offer for Kawhi slim just in case it doesn't.
^ I concur...

... Kawhi is both 1.) a rental and 2.) disgruntled.... (maybe an injury risk too?)

Maybe it might make sense for a team like the Lakers, who have been so low for so long, to go "all in" on him... especially if Kawhi is motioning that he would be willing to stay in L.A. long term.

But the Celtics? They shouldn't be in a rush to outbid the market... heck, another year of growth out of guys like Brown, Tatum and Ojeleye and they should be ready next year to challenge Golden State. Let's look at Boston's line up again if they do nothing but sit on their thumb (and resign Aaron Baynes, I guess):
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Jason Tatum
  • Al Horford
  • Marcus Smart
  • Marcus Morris
  • Aaron Baynes
  • Semi Ojeleye
  • Daniel Theis
  • Shane Larkin
  • Guerschon Yabusele
^ Yeah, I'll say it: Good enough to challenge Golden State starting next year.

Last edited: