• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kapernick Wants To Play In Cleveland

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Connor Cook or Jared Goff (in that order). I have a hunch the Niners' GM wants Goff.

I am sorry but no to connor cook. I am a michigan state fan and i have watched him a lot and while he is good, i don't think he has a chance to become elite. I think goff does have that potential.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would do fine. The Broncos are rebuilding their OL. They still have 9 of the 11 starters on defense from last year and some young guys that stepped in that showed huge promise throughout the year that are ready to have a bigger role. So Kaepernick would have a team built more like he did earlier in his career in San Fran when he had success and wasn't asked to do more than he can. I don't view him as some life changing all star if we were to add him but the Broncos don't really need that type of player either. They need a guy that can manage the game, not turn the ball over, and make a few plays here and there. Continue to lean on the defense to lead them to success.
Good comment, but IMO an average QB will not win many division titles. Sanchez is not a bad QB, but don't expect him to win the AFC West next season, even with the current Denver defense.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment, but IMO an average QB will not win many division titles. Sanchez is not a bad QB, but don't expect him to win the AFC West next season, even with the current Denver defense.

That's true, especially with any consistency. Sure Hoyer won one, but how often are you winning a division with 9 wins?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was speaking more towards Kaepernick than that of Sanchez. I'm at this point assuming the Broncos will add either Kaepernick or RGIII to our roster plus a draft pick to compete at this point for the QB position. Sanchez to me is our back up until I see that they have committed to him being the starter this next year.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking more towards Kaepernick than that of Sanchez. I'm at this point assuming the Broncos will add either Kaepernick or RGIII to our roster plus a draft pick to compete at this point for the QB position. Sanchez to me is our back up until I see that they have committed to him being the starter this next year.

Agree, and my guess is they are then 12-15 mil invested in the QB position (unless they want to give Kaep a guaranteed multi-year deal where they can push some back). Those are the two who I would target and of course as long as you like a QB still available, you almost have to draft one too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and my guess is they are then 12-15 mil invested in the QB position (unless they want to give Kaep a guaranteed multi-year deal where they can push some back). Those are the two who I would target and of course as long as you like a QB still available, you almost have to draft one too.

Yup. Then to me at least the Broncos have not put all their eggs into one basket. They would have 4 legit options at QB and let them compete for the starter position. Not the greatest but not the worst either of situations. That would give them most likely 2 guys with starting experience and 2 guys with decent potential to all compete.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Then to me at least the Broncos have not put all their eggs into one basket. They would have 4 legit options at QB and let them compete for the starter position. Not the greatest but not the worst either of situations. That would give them most likely 2 guys with starting experience and 2 guys with decent potential to all compete.

You know it's tough when you call Simian, Sanchez, a 2nd tier rookie QB, and the guy who lost his job to, and was outplayed by Blaine Gabbert legit options, but hopefully 4 out of 4 won't all be bad.

Tough figuring their cap now too. That is looking really rough even with Ware's cut, especially if they get Kaep.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Denver willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for Kaepernick?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now I am told they are holding fast at a 3rd round draft pick. They have 2 3rd round picks this year and 3 next year most likely with Comp Picks added so I don't think it would be crazy to think they trade one of those away. From what I understand though Cleveland has offered their 3rd round pick in trade and while Kaepernick would rather go to the Broncos at least from the 49ers point of view Cleveland's offer is much better (29 picks better). Seems like everybody is at a stand still seeing who will blink first.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's tough when you call Simian, Sanchez, a 2nd tier rookie QB, and the guy who lost his job to, and was outplayed by Blaine Gabbert legit options, but hopefully 4 out of 4 won't all be bad.

Tough figuring their cap now too. That is looking really rough even with Ware's cut, especially if they get Kaep.

The thing with most of those guys is you are not sure what you are getting though. Sanchez has been in the league long enough I think he is what he is of being a quality back up but not much more. Kaepernick/RGIII have both shown some very promising moments and both are needing a new start. I have no clue what that would mean for either of them though. Could mean huge success and could mean they continue to fall off the NFL map. Siemian is a guy that showed some incredible throws in Pre Season but that was against 3rd and 4th string guys. Broncos are rumored to be very high and view him as maybe the 2017 starter so we shall see. Any rookie coming in you have no clue what they will be.

So yes not what you want in the most important QB position but there is still some promise that it could work out well for the Broncos.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or add in multiples or a player?

If the Browns are offering a 3rd, it would take a Denver 2nd to compete, or IF SF was fine falling back a lot more and getting multiple picks, honestly, it would take a lot to me, to convince me to drop 30 spots in the 3rd round. 3/4/6 or something maybe?

Then you have to figure cost. That one should be interesting. I really do think 7-10 mil a year is where he's looking if all he's getting is 1 year guarantee. Chase Daniel money, bit up from Hoyer/McCown, but well below top 22 starter money.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has prolly taken one too many shots to the noggin. Had he learned to slide when defenders were closing in, he would not want to play in Cleveland today. This is another sad token of the price that football players must pay in order to entertain us.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is actually showing professionalism by saying he wants to play in Cleveland I'm shocked more people haven't realized this. He knows Cleveland has a real shot of trading for him so he's being a good sport by telling them what they want to hear.

What do you want him say, "Cleveland sucks and I'd rather die than play there"? Sure it's the truth but imagine the labels that would be slapped on him before he even came to town.

He's showing that if he gets out San Fran that immature attitude he's been saddled with is a thing of the past. Any player who knows the political side of the NFL will fair better than someone who doesn't

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is probably the best landing spot for Kap if he wants to start. In a much smaller market maybe he can get his head right? If he gets off to a good start the Brown fans will embrace him. However, if he starts off bad the rabid dawg pound will chew him up. Good deal for Kap, not so much for you Brown fans:noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is probably the best landing spot for Kap if he wants to start. In a much smaller market maybe he can get his head right? If he gets off to a good start the Brown fans will embrace him. However, if he starts off bad the rabid dawg pound will chew him up. Good deal for Kap, not so much for you Brown fans:noidea:

I disagree. I actually think Denver gives him a better shot. Even if Cleveland picks up Kaepernick I still think they would go QB with that #2 pick. So he would always be looking over his shoulder. The Broncos though picking #31 pretty much any rookie they pick even with a 1st round pick would be sitting at least a year. So to me he is at least promised a year in Denver even if he plays very average or below average. In Cleveland especially if they draft a guy #2 overall the second he has a bad game the fans will turn on him and demand the rookie step in.