• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We BETTER. That's all I am going to say. They certainly are better than the Texans at most position groups. It may be on the road, but this team has expectations, and I am not letting them off the hook if they go one and done. Especially to the Texans they have already beaten on the road once. I'd be much more understanding if they lost to the Pats or even Denver (ugh) on the road; but this gimmick needs to end.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been over to a few Texans message boards and I have learned a lot about the reasons the Texans will beat the Chiefs on Saturday:

#1 The Chiefs don't scare anybody. Now I'm not sure scaring is a big deal in the NFL is it? How many teams does a franchise face and think "Wow..they scare me?" The Chiefs win games whether they "scare" anyone or not. I'd take wins over a non scared team any day.

#2 The Texans are not the same team the Chiefs faced in week 1. I can honestly say few teams end a season exactly the way they started. You hope for improvement along the way. BTW...which team showed the greatest improvement over the season? A team that went 1-5 and wound up 11-5? The Chiefs aren't the same team either.

#3 No Jamaal Charles. This is kinda funny. Shows the Texans' fans don't watch much Chiefs football.

#4 Winning streaks have to end at some point. This is a very true statement. I heard it from Oakland fans, Cleveland fans, Ravens fans, Charger fans....The Chiefs will eventually lose a game. Not sure there is any great indicator that it will be against the Texans though.

#5 Chiefs barely beat Oakland and San Diego--and the Texans are much better than those teams. Well I think it's well documented that the Chiefs played better on the road than at home this year. I think that bodes well for Saturday's game. If the Chiefs get Houston and Abdullah back I feel pretty confident in the Chiefs.

#6 JJ Watt. I love JJ Watt. He gives 100% effort on every play. But a smart coach can exploit his game to a degree. Kansas City needs to try and establish the run game. Go right at him. His pursuit ability is tremendous but I've watched enough Texans games to know if you go at him it neutralizes much of his skill set. As good as JJ watt is...one player (other than a QB) should not determine the game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been over to a few Texans message boards and I have learned a lot about the reasons the Texans will beat the Chiefs on Saturday:

#1 The Chiefs don't scare anybody. Now I'm not sure scaring is a big deal in the NFL is it? How many teams does a franchise face and think "Wow..they scare me?" The Chiefs win games whether they "scare" anyone or not. I'd take wins over a non scared team any day.

#2 The Texans are not the same team the Chiefs faced in week 1. I can honestly say few teams end a season exactly the way they started. You hope for improvement along the way. BTW...which team showed the greatest improvement over the season? A team that went 1-5 and wound up 11-5? The Chiefs aren't the same team either.

#3 No Jamaal Charles. This is kinda funny. Shows the Texans' fans don't watch much Chiefs football.

#4 Winning streaks have to end at some point. This is a very true statement. I heard it from Oakland fans, Cleveland fans, Ravens fans, Charger fans....The Chiefs will eventually lose a game. Not sure there is any great indicator that it will be against the Texans though.

#5 Chiefs barely beat Oakland and San Diego--and the Texans are much better than those teams. Well I think it's well documented that the Chiefs played better on the road than at home this year. I think that bodes well for Saturday's game. If the Chiefs get Houston and Abdullah back I feel pretty confident in the Chiefs.

#6 JJ Watt. I love JJ Watt. He gives 100% effort on every play. But a smart coach can exploit his game to a degree. Kansas City needs to try and establish the run game. Go right at him. His pursuit ability is tremendous but I've watched enough Texans games to know if you go at him it neutralizes much of his skill set. As good as JJ watt is...one player (other than a QB) should not determine the game.

Some of the folks I have encountered are definitely a hoot when it comes to homerism/sensitivity. Happens with every fanbase, however. Some Chiefs fans acting like the Texans defense is hot butter waiting to be exploited need to hold the phone for example. I just hope the petty nonsense ends in a Chiefs victory. Lot of good signs on paper for the Chiefs in this one if they step up to the plate; needs to end in a victory.

What I am going to say is the schedule argument by detractors/pessimists is just a weak excuse at this point. Anybody using it as a focal point for their arguments immediately lose credibility for me. There are many different ways to dissect it- but the Chiefs have done just about everything an NFL team could realistically do to "dominate" that 10 game stretch save for being the '85 Bears incarnate. If fans out there think they should be allowing 9 points a game instead of 13, well, um, too bad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holthus: You had Tamba Hali back yesterday. What about his availability for the Texans and then I have to bring up Justin Houston. How much of a chance is there J-Hou will play in Houston?

Reid: We're going to Houston and we're taking Houston with us. We gotta play him don't we? He's gotta go and do his thing. Right?

Holthus: Absolutely. Best news we've heard all night.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Houston and Hali should be back and at least capable of damage in Houston. Kind of weird to say, but I would really like Ford's presence as well. Hasn't always gotten home, but he has surprisingly been getting a ton of pressures which affects throws nonetheless. Abdullah is another guy I'd like back. Allows the Chiefs to move their dime/nickel defense (may as well just call it base with Sutton) around more. Parker is a great blitzer to have with his raw speed, but Berry is a different animal given he can pass as an undersized LB for a couple downs or so; adding to confusion and deception the defense relies upon.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Houston and Hali should be back and at least capable of damage in Houston. Kind of weird to say, but I would really like Ford's presence as well. Hasn't always gotten home, but he has surprisingly been getting a ton of pressures which affects throws nonetheless. Abdullah is another guy I'd like back. Allows the Chiefs to move their dime/nickel defense (may as well just call it base with Sutton) around more. Parker is a great blitzer to have with his raw speed, but Berry is a different animal given he can pass as an undersized LB for a couple downs or so; adding to confusion and deception the defense relies upon.

SUPER!!! we NEED those 2 back...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana Vs. Moon - KC's Last Playoff Win Full Game

2 Great defenses going at it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pay any attention to them message board clowns, guys. These are the same Texans fans who said Houston would be a playoff team if they would just start Ryan Mallett.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff...

defense is REALLY doing it's job...

bad stuff...

offense is blowing a lot of opportunities...enough for Houston to hang around anyways...

and NATURALLY I missed the opening kickoff because I had to pick my wife up from work...:censored:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff...

defense is REALLY doing it's job...

bad stuff...

offense is blowing a lot of opportunities...enough for Houston to hang around anyways...

and NATURALLY I missed the opening kickoff because I had to pick my wife up from work...:censored:
The worst part is they aren't far from blowing this thing wide open. Have to finish in the 2nd half; this game should be OVER.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth. hoping it isn't TOO bad...ESPECIALLY for Maclin. but YES!!!!!!!!!!!

22 years of playoff drought GONE!! I can hardly believe it!!! WOOHOOOOOOO...!!!!
Looks like an ACL. If we're lucky it's an MCL tear. We won't see as powerful a passrush as Houston's unless we see Denver throughout the playoffs, so that's the good news. Conley had a great TD, but he is going to have to put on his big boy pants next week.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an ACL. If we're lucky it's an MCL tear. We won't see as powerful a passrush as Houston's unless we see Denver throughout the playoffs, so that's the good news. Conley had a great TD, but he is going to have to put on his big boy pants next week.

no doubt. know the kid's an athletic freak, though. hoping if it DOES come down to him he finds a breakout game in his tights somewhere...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Chiefs fans, good to see KC finally get that playoff win

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt. know the kid's an athletic freak, though. hoping if it DOES come down to him he finds a breakout game in his tights somewhere...
I tell you what though, Smith makes that same deep throw to Wilson and Conley probably catches it with his long arms. I have argued for a while Conley, raw or not, should be on the field more than he has been. Chiefs have no choice now.