• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick being investigated....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There is something to the story, at least the 49ers think so, or they wouldn't have cut off contract negotiations with Kaepernick because of this incident.

They've been slammed with a lot of bad news in a short span so my guess is they want to take a step back, put out fires, and than get back into a contract extension.

Their goal was before training camp so there is still a lot of time to hammer out a deal and they just aren't in any hurry right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This case will get interesting if the tox test shows she had Rohypnol in her system.

Based on the facts we already know about this case, I'm not sure that even that would be a major problem for Kap. If there's a positive tox test and the r*pe kit comes back positive, it becomes much more interesting/potentially bad for Kap, but it would be incredibly difficult to prove who drugged her. Particularly as she said she was mixing the drinks. The fact these guys called the cops themselves, and reported that she wouldn't leave, is a very good fact for them.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get what why Kaep is being investigated or even still involved with this story. The supposed victim in this has already said Kaep did nothing wrong so how is this story even still going? I guess when it's the offseason the media has to cling to whatever stories they can get.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is something to the story, at least the 49ers think so, or they wouldn't have cut off contract negotiations with Kaepernick because of this incident.

Let's just relax and see what happens.

Any team would be silly to rush into signing a QB to franchise numbers when he's the focus of an ongoing criminal investigation. Even if it is very unlikely charges would come of it. And I'm quite certain you'd be making a big deal of it if the news were precisely the opposite and the Niners were proceeding with negotiations (e.g., "Can you believe the team is negotiating with this guy while he's being investigated?!?!"). The Niners have months to wait to extend him even if they choose to adhere to a self-appointed deadline of the start of the regular season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still don't get what why Kaep is being investigated or even still involved with this story. The supposed victim in this has already said Kaep did nothing wrong so how is this story even still going? I guess when it's the offseason the media has to cling to whatever stories they can get.

She said she doesn't remember Kap doing anything wrong, but she doesn't know what happened for hours while she was apparently naked in his bedroom. The police/prosecutor would be negligent if they didn't wait for the results of the tox screen and r*pe kit before making any final decisions.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said she doesn't remember Kap doing anything wrong, but she doesn't know what happened for hours while she was apparently naked in his bedroom. The police/prosecutor would be negligent if they didn't wait for the results of the tox screen and r*pe kit before making any final decisions.

So you're saying a Seahawk would call the cops to his place after a 49er QB raped a girl??? Damn this rivalry runs deep.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you're saying a Seahawk would call the cops to his place after a 49er QB raped a girl??? Damn this rivalry runs deep.

If it were anyone other than Ricardo Lockette, yes. Look, I think the odds of anything coming from this are incredibly slim at this point. But the folks in law enforcement still have to see what all the evidence is before they know whether or not they will take further action.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else have posts missing from this thread? No way to see what was on page # 25? Anyway...this is really a non-issue and will play out as such. I find it hard that the 9ers are using this as an reason to stop talks with Kap about his future.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone else have posts missing from this thread? No way to see what was on page # 25? Anyway...this is really a non-issue and will play out as such. I find it hard that the 9ers are using this as an reason to stop talks with Kap about his future.

I don't think they're stopping talks, they're just pausing them. Though word has it the two sides are far apart, apparently. Somewhat relieved to hear that, actually.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're stopping talks, they're just pausing them. Though word has it the two sides are far apart, apparently. Somewhat relieved to hear that, actually.
The only place I have seen that these talks were far apart was on this site. Does anyone have a link to this?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No way Kaep has proven he is worth that much. He looked pretty bad without good WR's and top tier pay me the money QB's should be able to make even below average receivers look like pro-bowlers.

But deserve and going rate are two separate things and considering the money that guys like Romo, Stafford, and especially Cutler are getting 18 million is what the market dictates.

He's far more accomplished than Stafford and Cutler. Romo you could argue has been better statwise but definitely not in terms of getting to and winning in the playoffs.

So if I'm him and his agent why would I ask for anything less than what Cutler is getting?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But deserve and going rate are two separate things and considering the money that guys like Romo, Stafford, and especially Cutler are getting 18 million is what the market dictates.

He's far more accomplished than Stafford and Cutler. Romo you could argue has been better statwise but definitely not in terms of getting to and winning in the playoffs.

So if I'm him and his agent why would I ask for anything less than what Cutler is getting?

I agree. However, they do have time on their side. I don't think that Kaepernick would refuse a reasonable offer later. He is asking for what one would get at the best case scenario. What Flacco got for winning the Super Bowl wasn't that much more. It is unlikely, but if he regresses this year or gets a big injury, the Niners save. So what they are gambling against is him refusing a good offer later. He could do that, but would he?

If he were asking for 12 to 15 and we were refusing, then we would be risking that $20 million contract later if we win the Super Bowl. However, he's asking for that now so I don't see us losing that unless he would refuse that high offer later. The wildcard is if there are more contracts that are signed for more than 18 or more than what he is asking without having won the Super Bowl yet.

They can structure contracts well and put signing bonuses that aren't on for this year, but they may wait until after the June 1 money becomes available or until they cut some players

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I accept the going rate for a good passer is 18 million/year, so is Kaep as good a passer as these guys? if he is, then he gets the going rate, if he isn't, then he gets less.

IMO Kaep isn't as good a passer like these other guys. in particular, he should be more consistent game to game, and be more successful in the RZ. NOT even asking for league leading stats.

passing ability and winning are two different things, Kaep certainly gets credit for winning, but with this good a team most QB's should. not quite sure what you mean with "more accomplished than Stafford and Cutler"? does this refer to passing skills, winning games, or other?

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1m[/ame] Miami police don't believe Kaepernick was in hotel suite at time of 911 calls [URL="http://t.co/qauNT7MeE1"]http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

1m[/ame] 911 call: woman refused to leave until player she came to see returned. .... [URL="http://t.co/qauNT7MeE1"]http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

"Miami Police Chief Manuel Orosa said that, so far, police have not confirmed the woman’s report that Kaepernick had been among a trio of men in the hotel room on the night of April 1. She named him in a report she filed with police two days after the incident."

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1m Miami police don't believe Kaepernick was in hotel suite at time of 911 calls http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

1m 911 call: woman refused to leave until player she came to see returned. .... http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

"Miami Police Chief Manuel Orosa said that, so far, police have not confirmed the woman’s report that Kaepernick had been among a trio of men in the hotel room on the night of April 1. She named him in a report she filed with police two days after the incident."

So Kaepernick left and she refused to leave until Kaepernick came back. He presumably didn't come back and she was sent to the hospital for what? I accepted that she had blacked out because of alcohol, marijuana and other stuff, or at worst a drug, but now I don't know. It was confirmed that she was "out" when she got to the hospital, right? Or could she have made that up but was still sent to the hospital? She was naked or just her statement? I believe she was drunk and/or high and may have undressed herself (what she says sbout a Kaepernick doing it and their sexual past, I don't know what to believe). It could have been like she said, they had some drinks and hits and he undressed her, said he'd come back (or just left), and she refused to leave until he came back (which he may have had no intention of doing so).

I believe she was out and Kaepernick was gone, but everything else is someone's story that can't be confirmed (except contemporaneous 911 calls and tox tests).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1m Miami police don't believe Kaepernick was in hotel suite at time of 911 calls http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

1m 911 call: woman refused to leave until player she came to see returned. .... http://sacb.ee/1tjGH3h

Why are the police answering these questions? It seems like they keep on saying no comment, under investigation. If they find something later, these comments don't hurt too much, but they don't help in building a case if they later change their mind.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kaepernick left and she refused to leave until Kaepernick came back. He presumably didn't come back and she was sent to the hospital for what? I accepted that she had blacked out because of alcohol, marijuana and other stuff, or at worst a drug, but now I don't know. It was confirmed that she was "out" when she got to the hospital, right? Or could she have made that up but was still sent to the hospital? She was naked or just her statement? I believe she was drunk and/or high and may have undressed herself (what she says sbout a Kaepernick doing it and their sexual past, I don't know what to believe). It could have been like she said, they had some drinks and hits and he undressed her, said he'd come back (or just left), and she refused to leave until he came back (which he may have had no intention of doing so).

I believe she was out and Kaepernick was gone, but everything else is someone's story that can't be confirmed (except contemporaneous 911 calls and tox tests).

Sounds like you have him guilty. From reading the story I get the opposite. I get that if any thing at all. He was an innocent bystander. The police so far haven't found any evidence he was thier when whatever occured.