• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just read Kiper|Mcshay mock draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had us with the choice of Vea\Payne at #13. Kiper gave us Payne. I disagree, I would go Vea b/c of more upside but wouldn't be upset if they went Payne. 2nd round was Price. Which is a total steal in my book. This guy is a starter Day 1 at either LG or Center. I would be happy if this panned out.

FWIW, both safeties were gone before #13 and Edwards was picked at #12. What would really be a slam dunk is trading back in the first and getting Payne or Vea picking up a 2nd then drafting Guice and Price in the 2nd round.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
payne and price would be a coup , although price is hurt

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
payne and price would be a coup , although price is hurt

Price will be ready for Week 1. What do think of a trade down for Payne?

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean I like Payne over Vea. Just really like the players from the SEC. I also like a trade down Wynn or Hernandez. I like Guice also but this is a deep RB class. To me we need to address the LOS on both side.

Some attention need to made about the late rd prospects and there was several that stood out at the NFL combine this yr. One of them is CB Parry Nickerson, Tulane. He's and ideal nickle cb. Again he's a late rd prospect.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean I like Payne over Vea. Just really like the players from the SEC. I also like a trade down Wynn or Hernandez. I like Guice also but this is a deep RB class. To me we need to address the LOS on both side.

Some attention need to made about the late rd prospects and there was several that stood out at the NFL combine this yr. One of them is CB Parry Nickerson, Tulane. He's and ideal nickle cb. Again he's a late rd prospect.

I tend to sway to SEC player too but Vea's upside is crazy. For man that size that quick is very rare. I think Payne will last to late teens early 20's b/c right now he is one dimensional.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My inside sources told me last night that we are going to draft Nick Nelson. One is a former Redskin and another was Nick's dad. There might have been a little wishing there. :noidea::D

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to sway to SEC player too but Vea's upside is crazy. For man that size that quick is very rare. I think Payne will last to late teens early 20's b/c right now he is one dimensional.

Hey Dean here's my concern with Vea when I look at his tapes. Stamina!!!!! he seems to wear down as the game goes on. I am a big follower of the Big 12 football and I believe he wouldn't survive in any kind of hurry offense. Vea is best suited as a situational run stuffer, therefore I question how many plays can I get out of Vea. We need to address the LOS on both side of the ball but I would prefer a player that is more versatile. But hey maybe Tomsula can get more out of him. Vea certainly would improve our run defense which is an area that has been a concern of mines for sometime now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dean here's my concern with Vea when I look at his tapes. Stamina!!!!! he seems to wear down as the game goes on. I am a big follower of the Big 12 football and I believe he wouldn't survive in any kind of hurry offense. Vea is best suited as a situational run stuffer, therefore I question how many plays can I get out of Vea. We need to address the LOS on both side of the ball but I would prefer a player that is more versatile. But hey maybe Tomsula can get more out of him. Vea certainly would improve our run defense which is an area that has been a concern of mines for sometime now.

I began looking at this guy and that's exactly what I saw too!! He's going to have to be in much better condition to play in the NFL.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good point. im have been just reading that he is a freak.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching him wipe out a punt returner on special teams ends my stamina concerns

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Vea against Penn State who had a mediocre line at best last year and he did not impress me. dad is right about that ST play though. That was a big dude trucking quickly.