• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just beat the best game I've ever played

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last of Us. The detail Naughty Dog put into this game is truly breathtaking. The best combo of gameplay, graphics, and story line that I've ever experienced in a video game to date. I had been waiting for 6 months to play this and it did not disappoint in any way. Shoe in for game of the year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a recovering video game addict, I will pretend that I didn't read this. :whistle:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AgAk2Z0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard about it, haven't read up.

Does it have two player co-op?

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have story mode video games. For the last 5 years all I have played is multiplayer.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard about it, haven't read up.

Does it have two player co-op?

They still have story mode video games. For the last 5 years all I have played is multiplayer.
It has some kind of online multiplayer, but i never played it. I don't get into the online multiplayer stuff. To each their own though

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, you might be a sociopath

The story is a bit.....dark

Nah.....I'm about the ass opposite of a sociopath. That can appear just as weird sometimes though.:gaah:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.....I'm about the ass opposite of a sociopath. That can appear just as weird sometimes though.:gaah:
Are there spoiler tags?

I'm just saying that the plot is kinda the The Road except that its 100% cynical about humanity.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law was telling me about this game being badass just the other day. May have to give it a shot.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there spoiler tags?

I'm just saying that the plot is kinda the The Road except that its 100% cynical about humanity.

There are plenty of synopses of the game that you can find with a quick google....both with spoilers and without. I will leave that to you though because I wouldn't want to post something and it screw up the great storyline for someone.

It is very cynical to some extent, but you have to kind of put yourself in the shoes of the characters and try to imagine what life would be like in those dire circumstances. A rogue fungal infection turning humans into flesh eating zombies, loss of almost all family members and close friends, crumbling infrastructure, survival of the fittest mindsets are rampant, etc. How do I eat? What if I walk into this abandoned home looking for food and there is a runner (not walker Walking Dead fans) in the kitchen waiting to infect me? How do I travel large distances with crumbling infrastructure and no way of knowing if and where I may find fuel? What if I miss a few times while firing at this zombie, run out of ammo, and there is another zombie around the corner? This game flawlessly puts you into these positions and the mindset of the characters.

And what sets it apart from most "zombie" media is that the majority of the game takes place a long time after the "apocalyptic" events that take place. Supplies are scarce, the remnants of the once great and expansive human race are crumbling, and your last breath is always one simple mistake away. It takes a lot to bring all the visual aspects and character dilemmas of this "new world" and I really do not know how they could have done it better. I have never gotten into this new zombie craze throughout the different entertainment avenues (other than the Walking Dead which I just started watching a few months ago) but this game is something more than just a random zombie game. It is groundbreaking on many different levels. Many critics and avid gamers are calling it the best PS3 game ever and it is getting consistently higher scores from critics than games like GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham City, etc. etc. This isn't just my opinion on it, it is the gaming world's. It is worth every penny of the new game $60 price tag.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law was telling me about this game being badass just the other day. May have to give it a shot.

If you can get into 3rd person shooters and don't have to have all the multiplayer shit (which may be great I just don't know) then I would bet money you will like it. It is like a very in-depth movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat that you get to control yourself.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly just read the plot online and watched the ending on Youtube. I realize that Im missing out on the interactive part of the game but I couldn't stand Uncharted 1 or 2 and I took the educated guess that I wouldn't like this game.

Its The Road. With Zombies. And the Dad wins. I find the concept as off-putting as LARPers playing as a party of Chaotic Evil Dungeons and Dragons characters.

It might be a really good game but I probably won't end up playing it for the same reason that Ive never seen the Sixth Sense.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get into 3rd person shooters and don't have to have all the multiplayer shit (which may be great I just don't know) then I would bet money you will like it. It is like a very in-depth movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat that you get to control yourself.

I think I'd like it then. I don't do any of the online multiplayer bullshit, ain't nobody got time for dat.