• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

July 27-29 Rangers @ Astros

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claudio - keep

Diekman - trade

Leclerc - trade

Kela - trade only if it’s a good to great offer
Why would you rather trade Leclerc than Claudio or Kela?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Elvis isn’t traded do you guys think he will most likely be here next year?

Would hate to see him leave and get nothing.

I don’t think he will be traded.
I think Elvis stays.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watch Leclerc he usually screws up.
Did you not think the same about Claudio when he had the same level of experience?

Leclerc is going to be a really good reliever in this league by the time the Rangers are ready to compete for a WS. Kela will reach free agency before then. Most likely Leclerc is better than Claudio at some point and he is under control longer than Claudio.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hope it isn't another situation like when they chose Arias over Cano.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Devers injury may be only shot to trade Beltre. Still may be extent of injury. Definitely not as polished but they may want to play Devers in playoffs. Just wondering. Not so sure re Atlanta

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Devers injury may be only shot to trade Beltre. Still may be extent of injury. Definitely not as polished but they may want to play Devers in playoffs. Just wondering. Not so sure re Atlanta

I honestly don’t want Beltre to be traded.

I’d like to see Elvis and Beltre play together again next year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could happen though anyways as Devers is future for Sox

Beltre may just resign for us

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you rather trade Leclerc than Claudio or Kela?

I'd trade em all for a decent price. By the time we're truly competitive again, these guys may be out of gas. Happens all the time with BP pitchers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly don't understand your train of thought. Why would you not want Beltre to go somewhere where might have a good chance at the post season? If we can get damn near anything for him, send him packing.

Besides, he's already stated he wants to be here next year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOUSTON -- There have been two major factors in Rougned Odor taking his July surge to a different level: First, he's honed his approach into second nature and, second, he's been following the lead of Shin-Soo Choo. Like, literally.

Odor went 5 for 5 Saturday, including both an inside-the-park home run and a conventional homer. It was the first five-hit game of his career, the first by a Ranger in five years and the first time a Ranger had at least five hits and multiple homers since Josh Hamilton's historic four-homer night in Baltimore in 2012.

He owes a lot of it to honing a routine that has allowed him to better identify and lay off pitches out of the strike zone. But also to Choo.

Odor credited recent talks with Choo as a real help. And following him to the plate has helped, too. Odor has been hitting second while Choo has led off for the last week. Odor's numbers: a slash line of .481/.516/.926/1.442.

"I've got to stay focused with the plan on every pitch," Odor said. "I feel like I'm there right now. And right now I can feel if I'm out of it right away. Choo has helped me with that, but so has watching him hit."

After a pair of singles in his first two at-bats, Odor blasted a ball off the wall in right center in the fifth that bounced past Springer. Odor took off hard after he saw Springer sprinting. He was able to beat the throw home with a slide.

When he homered in the seventh, Odor became the first Ranger since Nelson Cruz in 2013 to hit both an inside-the-park and conventional home run.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOUSTON -- There have been two major factors in Rougned Odor taking his July surge to a different level: First, he's honed his approach into second nature and, second, he's been following the lead of Shin-Soo Choo. Like, literally.

Odor went 5 for 5 Saturday, including both an inside-the-park home run and a conventional homer. It was the first five-hit game of his career, the first by a Ranger in five years and the first time a Ranger had at least five hits and multiple homers since Josh Hamilton's historic four-homer night in Baltimore in 2012.

He owes a lot of it to honing a routine that has allowed him to better identify and lay off pitches out of the strike zone. But also to Choo.

Odor credited recent talks with Choo as a real help. And following him to the plate has helped, too. Odor has been hitting second while Choo has led off for the last week. Odor's numbers: a slash line of .481/.516/.926/1.442.

"I've got to stay focused with the plan on every pitch," Odor said. "I feel like I'm there right now. And right now I can feel if I'm out of it right away. Choo has helped me with that, but so has watching him hit."

After a pair of singles in his first two at-bats, Odor blasted a ball off the wall in right center in the fifth that bounced past Springer. Odor took off hard after he saw Springer sprinting. He was able to beat the throw home with a slide.

When he homered in the seventh, Odor became the first Ranger since Nelson Cruz in 2013 to hit both an inside-the-park and conventional home run.
Not mentioned was the hustle in his last AB in turning a single for most into a double and then beating the throw home on the grounder by Beltre. That was exciting stuff to watch. Maybe Choo should be a hitting coach someday. I noticed that Odor has been willing to hit the ball to any part of the field based on the location of the pitch. Incredible turnaround.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1