• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonah Keri on the Sox (gettin' some love)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you'd like that... :)

Did you read it? Do you agree that the Sox are finally making good moves?

i think they've made some good moves and that they've made some terrible moves. it's still way too early to tell but this much is clear ... they've literally thrown away more than $10,000,000 for this year in crap pitcher pickups. their choices were ridiculous .... old has beens, rejects and projects.

plus i don't know if abreu is for real or not, do you? 1st 4 games hot (.417), next 4 cold (.222), next 3 hot (.300) last 4 cold (.241). will the real abreu please step forward?
eaton looks like the best pickup by far imo. we've needed him for a long time now.
davidson .... who knows? how many can't miss minor leaguers completely missed? ... more than made it i'm thinking.

i don't think the sox will be leading the league in hitting or any other offensive catagory for very long. several of our older regulars are mostly responsible for that and i doubt flowers will hit .250 and ramirez may hit .275. i expect they will fall to earth again very rapidly.

so ........... is abreu/eaton/davidson worth what we gave up in pitching? time will tell.