• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe gotta go

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick of seeing Roby and Harris 15 yards off the ball.

I'm sick of seeing what is one of the all time great pass rushers drop into coverage on obvious passing downs.
I'm sick of seeing other OLB'ers drop into coverage as well.

I'm sick of seeing TE's roam freely across the middle of the field, with literally nobody there to cover them.

Joe might have had promise at one point, but after Vance said they can't play defense like they did against the Raiders, he's doing it again this week.

Yes it's early, but I think players past and present have commented enough on how they run a simplified defensive scheme that doesn't allow everyone to play a spot they're best at.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting to agree. They played good against Seattle but the defense looks lost out there. Can’t seem to cover anyone.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 plays
Sutton drop leads to 3
Wolfe offside leads to 7
17-14 game had these guys done thier job
Offense 7 consecutive punts
Also Elway traded Talib
Roby is a #2 at best

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade DT to the Rams for Wade Phillips. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was changed in the sequence between Harris' TD being negated and Lindsay being ejected

In the plays leading up to Lindsay being ejected, there were a few incidents - one in particular - in which Ravens' players were bumping and pushing Lindsay after the plays had ended - you could see something was brewing and it was going to escalate - which, indeed, it did

Lindsay plays the game with fire, and while it's hard to find fault in what he did, that was a turning point ..

I'm not sure I want to lay blame on Woods ...

Do we have the horses where we are weak on D ??

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was changed in the sequence between Harris' TD being negated and Lindsay being ejected

In the plays leading up to Lindsay being ejected, there were a few incidents - one in particular - in which Ravens' players were bumping and pushing Lindsay after the plays had ended - you could see something was brewing and it was going to escalate - which, indeed, it did

Lindsay plays the game with fire, and while it's hard to find fault in what he did, that was a turning point ..

I'm not sure I want to lay blame on Woods ...

Do we have the horses where we are weak on D ??

You play to your strengths. You don't drop your pass rushers into coverage thinking you're going to trick a team. I'm sick of seeing Von in coverage, or worse, any of the rest of the OLB'ers in coverage.

Pressure the QB as fast as you can to mask the bad cb depth. Press coverage to prevent quick releases and easy short timing patterns.

It's simple, and Joe can't seem to understand this. Talib and others have called him out on it after they left, the difference between Wade and him is pretty big.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 consecutive punts
7 points called back
7 more points given up after getting the raven off the field

2 failed drives first and goal
And to lose by 13
This is all on the players to execute

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play to your strengths. You don't drop your pass rushers into coverage thinking you're going to trick a team. I'm sick of seeing Von in coverage, or worse, any of the rest of the OLB'ers in coverage.

Pressure the QB as fast as you can to mask the bad cb depth. Press coverage to prevent quick releases and easy short timing patterns.

It's simple, and Joe can't seem to understand this. Talib and others have called him out on it after they left, the difference between Wade and him is pretty big.

But are some of those things being done to compensate for weakness ??

Davis and Marshall have not exactly looked great in coverage -- Davis never has, and Marshall has really seemed to have taken a step back

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 consecutive punts
7 points called back
7 more points given up after getting the raven off the field

2 failed drives first and goal
And to lose by 13
This is all on the players to execute

I agree with the execution aspect

Leary's personal foul was idiotic

Bolles is out there tackling players

Keenum throws a pick at the worst possible time ...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the execution aspect

Leary's personal foul was idiotic

Bolles is out there tackling players

Keenum throws a pick at the worst possible time ...
The penalties by both offense and defense were the single biggest reason why Denver lost
Only 2 sacks by the defense .
2 more timely sacks could have made a huge difference de

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties by both offense and defense were the single biggest reason why Denver lost
Only 2 sacks by the defense .
2 more timely sacks could have made a huge difference de

Exactly, we can bitch about the refs all we want but the entire game was summed up by 1 penalty. 4th and 1 from inside the 10, we have 12 men in the huddle pushing us back to 4th and 6 and we fail to pick it up. That was Denver's day in a nutshell.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were so many stupid penalties and actions by players.
Von jumps offsides at least twice.
Numerous holds by the Oline.
Turner's block in the back way away from the ball
The pick by Keenum

Those are the ones I can think of. Didn't help that when we tried to rush Flacco there was holding all over the place and never called. If there were a couple holding penalties on them then it would change they way they played and gives the D a little more freedom. When those penalties are not called then the Oline keeps taking liberties until they are called. In this case they never were. Still not the reason we loss.

THe team really played with a lack of focus and let the Ravens get under their skin.

The bright side is we get an extra day to get Jones and Brock healthy and hopefully a bit more focus before KC comes to town a week from tomorrow.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking can his ass tonight. This defensive effort against KC is flat out pathetic. Woods doesn’t deserve a job after this. The defense is single handily blowing this game.