• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt's Rant

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

I wonder who in particular he is talking about?
I know he is thinking someone(s).
I don't know. I'm not sure because we don't get to hear the question asked but he says the words "that's how" at the 55 second mark.

Makes me thing the question was something along the lines of "how do you get up for the game when you are 4-11" or something along those lines.

So, maybe he wasn't calling anyone out. Maybe this was just a response to someone asking that.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong...in fact the teams that win it all usually have the players that buy in and do the work week in and week out and have the least guys that show up for a paycheck week in and week out....and the shit teams have the most guys that show up for a paycheck and put in the minimum needed to keep a job...but usually not a long term job

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong...in fact the teams that win it all usually have the players that buy in and do the work week in and week out and have the least guys that show up for a paycheck week in and week out....and the shit teams have the most guys that show up for a paycheck and put in the minimum needed to keep a job...but usually not a long term job

there's probably a lot of guys who just checked out after all the dumb moves the fo made. Not that it excuses the behavior he's talking about but the FO for that org is just as bad, if not worse, as far as executing when they need to. And Watt is the guy with the 9 figure contract so he obviously has something to motivate them regardless of the teams record.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was dumb, or too faithful, to stick around with Texans for so long. Dude could have a ring or two. Sort of like Larry Fitz with Cards.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t
there's probably a lot of guys who just checked out after all the dumb moves the fo made. Not that it excuses the behavior he's talking about but the FO for that org is just as bad, if not worse, as far as executing when they need to. And Watt is the guy with the 9 figure contract so he obviously has something to motivate them regardless of the teams record.

I'm sure there are, but since every play is on tape and practice is taped and everyone knows who works out and how, theere aren't many hiding places. There are plenty of players that can get that 9 figure deal, but most of them don't put forth the effort.

That front office was awful, but they have a chance to do something right and hire actual football people, the question is will they?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. An organization that actually gives a shit about winning.
I don't blame Watt for being a complete athletic freak but football is obviously a lot easier for him than just about everybody else on the planet. Other guys have to worry about playing above their natural talent to stay in the league so they might question whether or not they want to expend a year of a limited football life for a fo that's a complete train wreck. Watt's living the dream right now.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Watt for being a complete athletic freak but football is obviously a lot easier for him than just about everybody else on the planet. Other guys have to worry about playing above their natural talent to stay in the league so they might question whether or not they want to expend a year of a limited football life for a fo that's a complete train wreck. Watt's living the dream right now.

You're kidding right? He worked his ass off. Started off at a MAC school as a TE. Then walked on to UW to play DE...and worked his ass off to become good in college. Then got drafted and people thought it was way too early, but he worked even harder to become an all pro. So he was ranting that he has worked his ass off to be what he is and there are plenty of guys with his athletic ability and size that didn't or won't. So to act like his success just fell from the sky into his lap is just wrong.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right? He worked his ass off. Started off at a MAC school as a TE. Then walked on to UW to play DE...and worked his ass off to become good in college. Then got drafted and people thought it was way too early, but he worked even harder to become an all pro. So he was ranting that he has worked his ass off to be what he is and there are plenty of guys with his athletic ability and size that didn't or won't. So to act like his success just fell from the sky into his lap is just wrong.

so you're saying he isn't an athletic freak? he got drafted where he was because of his combine. and where did I say it just fell from the sky? There's plenty of guys who just rode on athletic talent to the nfl that ended up being complete busts. but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have some natural talent that just about everybody else doesn't.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're saying he isn't an athletic freak? he got drafted where he was because of his combine. and where did I say it just fell from the sky? There's plenty of guys who just rode on athletic talent to the nfl that ended up being complete busts. but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have some natural talent that just about everybody else doesn't.

If you're comparing him to every human on earth, yes he's an athletic freak. If you're comparing him to all the players in the NFL, I don't think so. There are plenty of guys in the NFL with every bit of size and athleticism he has, they just don't work as hard.