• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

• Jimmy G.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Shanahan

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • They both stunk it up in the 4th and deserve equal blame

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sports need perpetual losers but sports needs the elite stars that can be the heroes or villains. Brady and Peyton were the best thing to ever happen to the NFL. Right now its Wilson and Rodgers in the NFC and Mahomes and Watson in the AFC but they aren't on that Brady v Peyton level that really makes the sport something that everyone can follow.
Going to be very interesting to see what Lamar does.

Mahomes vs Lamar could be one of the more unique duels over the next 10 plus years.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sports need perpetual losers but sports needs the elite stars that can be the heroes or villains. Brady and Peyton were the best thing to ever happen to the NFL. Right now its Wilson and Rodgers in the NFC and Mahomes and Watson in the AFC but they aren't on that Brady v Peyton level that really makes the sport something that everyone can follow.

The Cubs winning ended the perpetual lovable losers thing. The Cubs are a team that really matter. No one really cares that a team like the Padres have never won.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be very interesting to see what Lamar does.

Mahomes vs Lamar could be one of the more unique duels over the next 10 plus years.
I'm going to disagree. I think its Mahomes vs Watson.

Lamar might be in the picture, too, but a strictly running QB isnt lasting 10 years and I think Watson is the better thrower.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all.....they know the majority of fans are irrational. Most have their opinions and nothing will ever change it. They will believe any comment that supports the opinion and ignore all facts, logic or reason that refute their belief.

Funniest recent one here was when Mcdaniels was not hired as HC and many repeated the narrative that he took himself out of running because he'd have been forced to have Friday meetings to go over his gameplan.

No one repeating this thought to say, "uh...what if changes need to be made? It's Friday. when will we implement the changes?

Easy enough to rip the Browns. No need to make up absurd reasons.

Yeah, I just don't watch ESPN and other sports channels anymore unless they are broadcasting a game. I loved watching ESPN as a kid because I was getting information, good content (true journalism like Roy Firestone, Bob Ley and Dick Schaap), and a sprinkle of entertainment, but when sports channels went full-on just entertainment, unconfirmed "facts", and screaming matches, I tuned out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty good game for 3 1/3 quarters, ALA the Falcons effort against New England.
KC got it done - that's it.....

th

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports needs a losing story, like the browns, and the knicks in the nba, etc. snake bitten franchises that cant get out of their own way. it makes for better drama, if they DO win like KC just showed us. SF wins that, its "SF has another title".

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports needs a losing story, like the browns, and the knicks in the nba, etc. snake bitten franchises that cant get out of their own way. it makes for better drama, if they DO win like KC just showed us. SF wins that, its "SF has another title".
It only works, though, if its the Browns (a classic franchise) or the Knicks (NY, a fairly classic franchise)

If the Carolina Panthers or Tampa Bay Bucs lost for 30 more years it wouldn't hit the mainstream.

The Blues, for example, didn't really hit nearly the same level of hype as a team like the Cubs or the Red Sox

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you not fair to say most of the blame goes to the D. But they deserve some. I'd say fair to blame the D, JG and Shanahan equally.
I'd quibble with the percentages but sure. In the end is it really 'blame'? One team has to lose, everyone did their best and on that day one team got more points. Another day might be the reverse.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, I used to be a firm believer that whichever team wins the playoffs is unquestionably the best team, but as I saw how other sports champions are determined (for example the round robin of the English Premier League), it made me see playoffs for what they really are. Your chances are better of course if you are one of the best teams, but you also have to be hot at the right time and many things need to bounce your way. Even the best teams usually have less than 50% chance of emerging as the winner of the tournament. The only recent example I can think of where a team clearly had more than 50% chance of being the champion was the Warriors with Durant.

As for the Ravens, I do believe that if they played the Titans a hundred times, they'd beat them quite often (maybe 60-70 times), and then they're in great position to make it to the Super Bowl. The Niners barely beat the Saints and they literally won a game by inches in the last game of the regular season. If they don't beat the Seahawks by inches, they probably don't even make the Super Bowl.
Yep. Whole narratives rise and fall on those inches. In the end, sports is mostly about luck. All the teams are full of professionals who are the best in the world at what they do. The winners just get things going their way a couple more times each week

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the coach..

I do not believe KC could have stopped the run game for 3 consecutive series. I’m glad KC won and I think their defense was lights out in the 4 th qt. But had SF just ran the ball I don’t think KC wins. IMO

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing off target, throwing the ball away about as high as he possibly could (in bounds), missing open receivers & not even getting rid of the ball on 4th & 10.

Ummmm... yeah.
Right I forgot Kyle didn't make any bad decisions

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny. He made some crucial mistakes.