• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh and Michigan agree to contract extension

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan saying we are happy with 8-3 every year and beaqting MSU once every 4 years! Pathetic!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OG-DH917_201910_G_20191018101310.jpg

2019- two more losses to top 10 teams (# 1 Ohio State & # 7 Penn State). And that's without mentioning his losses to ranked teams outside of the top 10 since his awesome return to ann arbor.

maizeNblue09 has said many times the only problem JH has is beating Ohio State. But then again mNb09 is also the same over the top super-homer that thinks any losses to ranked team don't count towards JH's coaching resume.

hail to the victors?

3KQPXF.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Michigan think so highly of him?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this_is_fine.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he has one hell of a video on people in charge

There are rumors floating around on line that meeeechegan's prez-o-dent has a thing for goats.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors floating around on line that meeeechegan's prez-o-dent has a thing for goats.

How can one not though....... I mean look at this thing of beauty!

goat GIF

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do.

I think he is on a very short leash.

His extension is for five years and 20 million dollars. That amounts to a 50% pay cut. He was making 8 million.

Michigan extended him to protect their recruiting. If he didn't have an extension, then the recruits wouldn't know who
was going to be coaching them in 2022.

"Michigan Extends Harbaugh's Contract for 5 Years" is a headline made for recruits...nothing else.

His new deal includes seasonal goals that could bring his contract back up to 8 million. But UM is all done
throwing good money after bad. They basically told him..."We hired you based on what we thought you could
do...you haven't done any of that. We'll give you a bonus for each thing you accomplish, but it will be
accomplished first.

Now we know why he is flirting with the NFL and we also know why Michigan doesn't give a shit if he bolts
to the NFL.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do.

I think he is on a very short leash.

His extension is for five years and 20 million dollars. That amounts to a 50% pay cut. He was making 8 million.

Michigan extended him to protect their recruiting. If he didn't have an extension, then the recruits wouldn't know who
was going to be coaching them in 2022.

"Michigan Extends Harbaugh's Contract for 5 Years" is a headline made for recruits...nothing else.

His new deal includes seasonal goals that could bring his contract back up to 8 million. But UM is all done
throwing good money after bad. They basically told him..."We hired you based on what we thought you could
do...you haven't done any of that. We'll give you a bonus for each thing you accomplish, but it will be
accomplished first.

Now we know why he is flirting with the NFL and we also know why Michigan doesn't give a shit if he bolts
to the NFL.

Not sure why an NFL organization would want him either..

In college though it's WIN NOW... and Harbaugh has not so he should be gone as basically every coach has been let go in Harbaugh's "position"

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at this point, I think mich. is basically not wanting to admit their mistake, and are simply doubling down hoping that this somehow turns around for them in fantasy land. problem for michigan is, while they could get better............ OSU has separated themselves and are not slowing down, they are a juggernaut that won't be denied. OSU will continue to be good with the recruits they are getting and the coaching at OSU.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point, I think mich. is basically not wanting to admit their mistake, and are simply doubling down hoping that this somehow turns around for them in fantasy land. problem for michigan is, while they could get better............ OSU has separated themselves and are not slowing down, they are a juggernaut that won't be denied. OSU will continue to be good with the recruits they are getting and the coaching at OSU.

yeah most likely but they didn't have to extend him for 5 more years, did they? I get "opps, we made a mistake" but not, "opps, we made a mistake let's extend it 5 more years.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah most likely but they didn't have to extend him for 5 more years, did they? I get "opps, we made a mistake" but not, "opps, we made a mistake let's extend it 5 more years.
With the recruiting classes they've had, they should not have the terrible record they have against top ranked teams. Personally, I don't think harbaugh is the great coach that many think he is. he might be average, and had amazing talent that carried his reputation higher than what it actually was at stanford and SF......

He is not Saban, Meyer, or Day....................

maybe there is a turning of the tide in ann arbor, and their expectations are too high. Big 10 doesn't need them to be great again if Wisky, PSU, Nebraska all get good.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recruiting classes they've had, they should not have the terrible record they have against top ranked teams. Personally, I don't think harbaugh is the great coach that many think he is. he might be average, and had amazing talent that carried his reputation higher than what it actually was at stanford and SF......

He is not Saban, Meyer, or Day....................

maybe there is a turning of the tide in ann arbor, and their expectations are too high. Big 10 doesn't need them to be great again if Wisky, PSU, Nebraska all get good.

Perhaps Michigan truly doesn't want to beat OSU so they keep him around