• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Jones value the rest of the way

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so in my 12 team non-ppr dynasty league. I went all in on RB's, seeing as when I won a few years back. That's how I did it, and that's basically how the last few champions have won as well.

Had McCoy and Hill going in. Drafted AP in the first round. My WR's were weak (I thought), as anyone in drafting in dynasty leagues that are 5+ years in knows. It can be thin.

I wound up with: B. Marshall, B. LaFell, K. Stills, Kevin White, Justin Blackmon (yes... I still hold on for hope with this douche for SOME reason). Then I picked up James Jones the second I got the update he was back in GB (like seriously... within 20 seconds) and then Travis Benjamin after I dropped Stills week 1. Arguably the two best waiver wire guys I could close my eyes and have grabbed through three games. My TE situation grabbing Kelce has helped a lot too. I've scored 110+ every week, kind of killing it despite Hill's last two weeks.

My WR production, is VERY unexpectedly, a large reason for my success.

My question is, with James Jones scoring 4 TD's already and everyone watching the display he put on during a primetime game last night for all fantasy players to see. Aaron Rodgers praising him after the game... all of these factors. One would think, time to sell IMMEDIATELY. Correct? I don't believe he can keep this production up... However... there is a part of me that says, Rodgers clearly gravitates towards this guy in the red zone. He's his most targeted receiver to this point, I think. Cannot be a bad thing.

Just curious what people think about James Jones, and his value going forward. Also, Travis Benjamin DEFINITELY cannot keep it up, right? What do you think I could realistically expect in return for Jones, possibly if I packaged him with Benjamin?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones is one of those rare cases where his trade value will never equal what he's really worth. People will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop, and thus, they'll be hesitant on trading for him.

Benjamin I think your safe dealing for basically whatever you can get, but I'd be hanging on to Jones unless someone just blows your doors off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones is one of those rare cases where his trade value will never equal what he's really worth. People will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop, and thus, they'll be hesitant on trading for him.

Benjamin I think your safe dealing for basically whatever you can get, but I'd be hanging on to Jones unless someone just blows your doors off.

Yeah, I agree on both statements. You hit the nail on the head with what happened to me this evening trying to test the waters with Jones.

I had conversations with three owners. Pairing James Jones with Hill in packages. Trying to toss in Jameis or Kevin White who I have stashed on my bench, since it's a dynasty league. Look, I get it. Reason to be worried about Hill. However, they all acted like James Jones didn't even exist in my offers. Just replying to me how they want to wait and see with Hill. One owner has a pretty bad WR situation. I texted him seeing if he was interested in James Jones. He literally just replied "no thanks".

I was just sitting there thinking; "You nitwits! I'm offering you the 8th ranked fantasy WR, who is Aaron Rodgers most targeted red zone receiver." They just blew him off, as if he still played for the Raiders. Frustrating. :gaah:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be actively looking to trade Jones, especially since it is the weakness of your team. If the right deal comes, sure, but like Treff said it will be hard to find.

Blackmon on the other hand, no reason to hold that guy. Even if he comes back (doubtful at this point) will he be able to make an impact? He has been out of the game for a long time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be actively looking to trade Jones, especially since it is the weakness of your team. If the right deal comes, sure, but like Treff said it will be hard to find.

Blackmon on the other hand, no reason to hold that guy. Even if he comes back (doubtful at this point) will he be able to make an impact? He has been out of the game for a long time.

Guy in my league wants to trade me Peyton for James Jones. He also wants some kind of a draft pick swap with me next year. Our league is pretty wild with the thing we throw into trade. Probably have to trade him my 6th for his 10th. Something like that.

I don't know if the upgrade from Tannehill to Peyton is worth dropping from James Jones to Travis Benjamin (until LaFell returns). Along with hurting next year's draft.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe he can keep this production up... However... there is a part of me that says, Rodgers clearly gravitates towards this guy in the red zone. He's his most targeted receiver to this point, I think.
Rich, hang on to Jones.
According to this resource, Jones is in on 92% of the offensive snaps. A fraction more than Cobb.

12074614_1002573639807249_6910578129599281829_n.jpg

In fact, Jones leads all skill players, even Lacy. But Cobb has been targeted the most. (28 targets for Cobb vs 15 targets for Jones.)

So long as Davante Adams nurses that high ankle sprain which may be a couple more weeks, Jones should be a solid play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, hang on to Jones.
According to this resource, Jones is in on 92% of the offensive snaps. A fraction more than Cobb.

View attachment 35523

In fact, Jones leads all skill players, even Lacy. But Cobb has been targeted the most. (28 targets for Cobb vs 15 targets for Jones.)

So long as Davante Adams nurses that high ankle sprain which may be a couple more weeks, Jones should be a solid play.

Yeah, I'm hanging on to him. I don't think these first few weeks are a fluke. Perhaps the time to sell will be the week Adams starts practicing again. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, obviously Aaron Rodgers is comfortable looking for him at all times, I'd still be playing him every week, even after Adams comes back, frankly I wouldn't be shocked to see TY Montgomery stealing Adams spot. .much like Adams did to Boykins last year