• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden Traded to the LA Clippers

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags took a lot of shit around here sticking to his guns, and comes out on top. I thought he was living outside of reality, but far better haul than most expected 6ers could get for him.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Lavine is a better fit than Harris. I think Harris does more things to help the team and is better in that 3rd man role. The volume that Lavine will require may not be a great fit. He's a little younger, sure.

Then again, I haven't been a fan of Lavine, so I'm not impartial. Flash over substance too often IMO.
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of Lavine, either.
Just seems to be the name going around the Sixers boards.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags took a lot of shit around here sticking to his guns, and comes out on top. I thought he was living outside of reality, but far better haul than most expected 6ers could get for him.

They got the picks they wanted, just comes down to what that can get them (and when they can make that move). I doubt they hold those 1sts and use them in the draft, they need to be flipped.

As a Harden hater, any move to get rid of him gets a passing grade automatically. I'll give this a B until I see what they can get for those picks. Valuable trade targets will have competition for those moves, and picks for a perennial (if aging) playoff team two and four years out may lose out to someone with a cache of 1sts and young players available. Would be tough to out-offer someone like the Thunder for instance.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? I have no idea who won the trade on the basketball side.

But strip club owners in LA are busy this am pushing their marketing teams to get to Harden.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the picks they wanted, just comes down to what that can get them (and when they can make that move). I doubt they hold those 1sts and use them in the draft, they need to be flipped.

As a Harden hater, any move to get rid of him gets a passing grade automatically. I'll give this a B until I see what they can get for those picks. Valuable trade targets will have competition for those moves, and picks for a perennial (if aging) playoff team two and four years out may lose out to someone with a cache of 1sts and young players available. Would be tough to out-offer someone like the Thunder for instance.
Yeah, the true result of this trade is a long way away from being known. None of the picks are elite, but accumulating picks that can be used. The 3 players won't be viewed for anything more than deep bench, but the major win outside of adding the picks is that they did not add any salary past this year. Loading up on picks and clearing salary opens a lot of doors.

On value alone, nothing amazing, but all that flexibility to remove a team cancer like that? pure win.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If we can flip him for Siakam then do that. Otherwise, I would rather get a season of play from him and have his cap hold.
His cap hold is likely to get in the way. If he stays, the Sixers need to either quit claim on his cap hold or redo him almost immediately at like 15 million a year over 2 years. I wouldn’t have a problem with the Sixers keeping Tobias around after this year at the right number. They also could do a sign and trade for a $15 million dollar player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you very much for stepping to the plate today with this brave post. I’m an asshole and it takes a lot to tell an asshole when he was right. There are many posters who haven’t been able to muster up the strength to post what you have posted. Honestly, outside of one or two posts, you really didn’t give me a ton of shit. Ironically, the posters who did give me the most shit refuse to eat their crow and tell me that I was right.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year the 76ers players under contract are
1. Embiid
2. Paul Reed non-gauranteed contract
3. Jaden Springer club option

It is fair to assume Maxey is getting a massive contract, but 76ers have so much flexibility to rebuild around 2 elite players. It could all fall apart, but I am curious where it all goes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers have had a tougher time landing free agents compared to hot spots like Miami and LA.
Which is weird, because the Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers have not had problems attracting top tier talent.
Basketball players are soft, emotionally stunted children.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would the Thunder want Lavine (SGA) Siakam (Chet) or Anunoby (Jalin Williams) They already have young players to fill those roles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Thunder want Lavine (SGA) Siakam (Chet) or Anunoby (Jalin Williams) They already have young players to fill those roles.

They can't use all the picks they have. They may not be the competitors for those particular players, but the Thunder are just an example. Any team offering firsts in 2024 and/or 2025 is going to trump a 2026 or 2028 pick.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you very much for stepping to the plate today with this brave post. I’m an asshole and it takes a lot to tell an asshole when he was right. There are many posters who haven’t been able to muster up the strength to post what you have posted. Honestly, outside of one or two posts, you really didn’t give me a ton of shit. Ironically, the posters who did give me the most shit refuse to eat their crow and tell me that I was right.
We got into it a lot more on the Ben Simmons stuff than this.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't use all the picks they have. They may not be the competitors for those particular players, but the Thunder are just an example. Any team offering firsts in 2024 and/or 2025 is going to trump a 2026 or 2028 pick.
Will it though? Remains to be seen. The Clippers just told everybody they’re shooting for the stars one last time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it though? Remains to be seen. The Clippers just told everybody they’re shooting for the stars one last time.

I don't get the Clippers side of it either.

As far as the picks go, any team looking to rebuild will want the picks ASAP in my opinion; why waste time hoping the Clips bottom out if you have an offer for picks sooner?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see it as an incomplete at this point.

As of now they basically have 3 firsts that are 3, 5 and 6 years away, 3 swaps and the Clippers leavings. Getting rid of Harden is a net positive in an addition by subtraction kind of way.

But we won't know how well the Sixers actually did until we see what they turn them into.

Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Clippers side of it either.

As far as the picks go, any team looking to rebuild will want the picks ASAP in my opinion; why waste time hoping the Clips bottom out if you have an offer for picks sooner?
Because if a team is going into a rebuild they’re setting up the team they’re dealing to with help in 24 and 25. It’s likely to already be a playoff caliber team and the move was done to seemingly make them better. With the Clippers distant picks and even the Sixers own distant picks there is a stronger potential that those picks will be in the lottery. Do you prefer say a David Roddy type pick at 21 or 22 or do you want to take a spin on the lottery 3, 4 years down the line to help complete your rebuild when you’re already going to have lottery swings in 24 and 25 with your own tanking team?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as an incomplete at this point.

As of now they basically have 3 firsts that are 3, 5 and 6 years away, 3 swaps and the Clippers leavings. Getting rid of Harden is a net positive in an addition by subtraction kind of way.

But we won't know how well the Sixers actually did until we see what they turn them into.
Morey doesn’t lose too many deals when he’s been provided bullets to make a deal with. Sixers have picks and expiring deals now. They also have a shit ton of space projected. I just saw where they have $66 million of usable cap available next summer as of this moment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey doesn’t lose too many deals when he’s been provided bullets to make a deal with. Sixers have picks and expiring deals now. They also have a shit ton of space projected. I just saw where they have $66 million of usable cap available next summer as of this moment.

They are in a position similar to the Lakers last year. Gonna be interesting and fun to see what they do with what they got and if they can match or exceed what the Lakers did.