• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston Deal Done: 4-years, $25.35M

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is most of the players even forget about getting that bonus money when they start complaining about how little money they make compared to other quarterbacks. Anyway, they plan to build around the guy, so its best to eat this salary this year so there is room to get players around him over the next two or three seasons.

I just dont know why people are making a big deal out of him signing early, its a rookie scale in the first round, nobody is gonna not sign and wait to be drafted again.
Yeah. I think it was a smart call by the Buccaneers for not screwing around with the contract and just getting it done so that they will know how much cap room they have left.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think it was a smart call by the Buccaneers for not screwing around with the contract and just getting it done so that they will know how much cap room they have left.

You need to learn more about how these rookie contracts work.

There is no room for negotiation between the Bucs and Winston. Every pick already has their salary pre-determined by the CBA agreement. Winston knew exactly how much money he was going to make from the moment he received his #1 pick phone call.

And every team knows exactly how much money they need to devote to the draft based on the number of picks they have in the draft.

There is no intelligence here for either the team or the player.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck her right in the money hole.