• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: It's Seattle Time:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at tonight's game. Should be interesting to see if I can stomach 9 straight innings of this offense! I wish King Felix was pitching tonight. Oh well should be fun anyway.
As good as Felix has been the last 2 years, Iwakuma, who is pitching for Seattle tonight has actually been better, so you should have some good pitching to watch anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels did the right thing, no question. We had a good chance.

He did "a thing" which is all GM's do.

Live, learn, and deal with the consequences. Quite a motto those Gm's live by, eh?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder and Martin scratched from tonights game.
I just don't remember so many injuries in years past. I think most played hurt unless really serious.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't remember so many injuries in years past. I think most played hurt unless really serious.

I don't either. Its been one after another. I think Mitch is the only one that hasn't missed a game because of injury. The only other one i'm not sure about is Rios.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and Martin was set to lead off tonight. Instead it's Robertson. Not sure why. I would have put Choice in CF also.
I'm with you.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear now Martin is injuried... why am I not surprised. At this point we should just start give the starters a week off so they don't get injured. Seriously what voodoo witch doctor did we piss off.

on another note... like many of you I'm glad to see Ross and Scheppers return to the pen. Boy I was wrong about Ross.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear now Martin is injuried... why am I not surprised. At this point we should just start give the starters a week off so they don't get injured. Seriously what voodoo witch doctor did we piss off.

on another note... like many of you I'm glad to see Ross and Scheppers return to the pen. Boy I was wrong about Ross.

He fooled a lot of people. I thought he would pitch to contact more. The problem was his command was so bad he couldn't command the zone.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I liked this lineup (minus Elvis @ 2)....

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
Tue. vs. SEA: Martin 8, Andrus 6, Choo 7, Beltre 5, Fielder dh, Rios 9, Moreland 3, Chirinos 2, Odor 4, Lewis. 1.

But then I saw this...

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
New lineup: Robertson 8, Andrus 6, Choo 7, Beltre 5, Rios 9, Moreland 3, Choice dh, Chirinos 2, Odor 4, Lewis 1.

And its b/c of this.

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
Martin has been scratched with a stiff neck and Fielder was scratched with lingering weakness behind left shoulder.

So now there's this.

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
Asked about his concern for Prince Fielder, Rangers GM Jon Daniels said "medium."

weakness behind shoulder. The way this team is going, that will end up being TOS

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

has the feeling of a team and FO that don't see a lot of hope for a season...even though still midway through May. Don't want to push anyone who has any issues, with the way minor issues have been turning into big ones.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did "a thing" which is all GM's do.

Live, learn, and deal with the consequences. Quite a motto those Gm's live by, eh?

I wonder how many of the people questioning Daniels' deadline moves now are the same that were adamant that he make a move while the "window" is open

You can't have it both ways people

However, losing Tanner Roark sucks bc the return was Christan Guzman and that move was panned by fans from the get go, so yeah he deserves the ridicule for that one,

Roark was pretty much an unknown at the time, so no one can say they were high on Roark back then, but the principle of giving up young pitching for spares like Guzman is generally a no no

Also, wasn't a fan of what we gave up for Adams either, 2 young highly regarded pitchers for a reliever was never smart in my book, but once again, we needed something so we gave up what we had at the time, young pitching, we can roll the tape back on that one, I was against it from the beginning

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many of the people questioning Daniels' deadline moves now are the same that were adamant that he make a move while the "window" is open

However, losing Tanner Roark sucks bc the return was Christan Guzman and that move was panned by fans from the get go, so yeah he deserves the ridicule for that one,

Roark was pretty much an unknown at the time, so no one can say they were high on Roark back then, but the principle of giving up young pitching for spares like Guzman is generally a no no

Also, wasn't a fan of what we gave up for Adams either, 2 young highly regarded pitchers for a reliever was never smart in my book, but once again, we needed something so we gave up what we had at the time, young pitching, we can roll the tape back on that one, I was against it from the beginning

I didn't like the Adams trade either. I never really liked Adams while he was here either. I honestly don't remember the Roark one. I remember Christian Guzman.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fooled a lot of people. I thought he would pitch to contact more. The problem was his command was so bad he couldn't command the zone.

Agreed, It moves too much at this point and he's not exactly sure where its going, he needs to figure out where he needs to throw to get it where he wants, that comes with more experience...

I don't think going to the bullpen is necessarily the right move though, AAA is a better place for him if they truly hope he can transition to starting, he's not going to fix his problems one inning at a time

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Adams trade either. I never really liked Adams while he was here either. I honestly don't remember the Roark one. I remember Christian Guzman.

All there is to remember is we gave up 2 no name but young pitchers for Guzman, terrible idea, b/c you just never know how pitchers are going to progress as they mature, Roark being a prime example, WMW was the one who informed me of this

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, there was a couple moves that I did not think were warranted at the time that year. I felt like we were panicking a little to make sure we made it into the playoffs. I think Kinsler and another IF may have been hurt at the time.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, It moves too much at this point and he's not exactly sure where its going, he needs to figure out where he needs to throw to get it where he wants, that comes with more experience...

I don't think going to the bullpen is necessarily the right move though, AAA is a better place for him if they truly hope he can transition to starting, he's not going to fix his problems one inning at a time

That's a good point. I like the idea of sending him down.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This matchup tonight dies not give me a good feeling. Seattle must think they are facing their offense from the past. Hope for a miracle. Like Colby and pen shut the Mariners down.