• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Philthy so no shocker

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazy journalism and a hive mentality.
Let's see if we checked all the boxes on those nasty Philadelphia fans, shall we?

Throwing snowballs at Santa... check
Had a jail at the Vet... check
Threw batteries, but not necessarily at JD Drew... check
Obnoxious to fans of other team... check

It's the same tired stories that get dredged up year after year.
Was it classless when the Vikings fans dressed up the Rocky statue in purple and gold?
Or was that just kids having a good time.
You see what you want to see.

A few isolated incidents, that incidentally happen just as often in other cities, and you cast dispersions on the entire Philadelphia fan base. Except, something funny happened along the way. It became like a badge of honor to be reviled and called 'classless'. Eagles fans travel just about as well as any team, including taking over other stadiums with Eagles chants. But, not in our house. The message is simple. If you think we're classless, then do not come here. Stay away from our terrible city. Root for the other team. Take the L, move on, and have a nice day.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could give this a million likes.....

We're the hardest fans in the world. And the best fans in the world. With the best teams in the world. In the best city in the world.

I guess the inferior complex makes sense when you step back and think about it.
Inferiority complex? What does the city have? 3 Championships in 40 years or something?

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between a negative experience and what you psychos decided to pull.

I never once thought I'd be rooting for New England.

I’m just hearing now about some of the attacks on Vikings fans.
That is just nuts. I wonder if they will change at all if they win?

I can see how you will root against them.
At least some good Philly fans are giving to Zimmer’s foundation.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inferiority complex? What does the city have? 3 Championships in 40 years or something?
It's not just about our team's success (which we have had a lot). It's our city in general. It's ok, everyone knows Boston, New Hampshire, Maine and Connecticut all suck.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about our team's success (which we have had a lot). It's our city in general. It's ok, everyone knows Boston, New Hampshire, Maine and Connecticut all suck.
Been to Philly once. Not a fan. I'll take Boston as a city and living in New Hampshire and it isn't close.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazy journalism and a hive mentality.
Let's see if we checked all the boxes on those nasty Philadelphia fans, shall we?

Throwing snowballs at Santa... check
Had a jail at the Vet... check
Threw batteries, but not necessarily at JD Drew... check
Obnoxious to fans of other team... check

It's the same tired stories that get dredged up year after year.
Was it classless when the Vikings fans dressed up the Rocky statue in purple and gold?
Or was that just kids having a good time.

A few isolated incidents, that incidentally happen just as often in other cities, and you cast dispersions on the entire Philadelphia fan base. Except, something funny happened along the way. It became like a badge of honor to be reviled and called 'classless'. Eagles fans travel just about as well as any team, including taking over other stadiums with Eagles chants. But, not in our house. The message is simple. If you think we're classless, then do not come here. Stay away from our terrible city. Root for the other team. Take the L, move on, and have a nice day.
Your point would be a good one if not for all the things that literally just happened!!! Do people in every other city punch horses? Twice? TWICE???? Did the Vikings fans all lie about what happened to them? What is up with that AHole with his 'I'm going to F Tom Brady's wife' video? Does everyone grease up their poles after a win (ummm, that didn't sound right:pound:)? Philly has more DBag Ahole fans than every single other fan base. it's not a debate. But, yes we all have them and yes most Eagles fans are probably great people and knowledgeable classy fans. You'd be better served stressing the latter like Dusty has been this week, than trying to pretend you are no different than other fan bases...because you are. And by you i don't mean you or anyone in particular on here:2cents:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point would be a good one if not for all the things that literally just happened!!! Do people in every other city punch horses? Twice? TWICE???? Did the Vikings fans all lie about what happened to them? What is up with that AHole with his 'I'm going to F Tom Brady's wife' video? Does everyone grease up their poles after a win (ummm, that didn't sound right:pound:)? Philly has more DBag Ahole fans than every single other fan base. it's not a debate. But, yes we all have them and yes most Eagles fans are probably great people and knowledgeable classy fans. You'd be better served stressing the latter like Dusty has been this week, than trying to pretend you are no different than other fan bases...because you are. And by you i don't mean you or anyone in particular on here:2cents:

*sigh*
Warriors Fans Dance on Light Poles, In the Streets to Celebrate NBA Title
That's one example that took me exactly 5 seconds to google.

Why didn't this happen to the Atlanta fanbase the week before?

Oh, that's right, they didn't come into our house, play dress up with an iconic statue, and sing their favorite song at his feet. Don't pretend that your fanbase isn't capable of doing dumb stuff.

Did you see the shot of the two Vikings fan tailgating with Eagles fans before the game and everyone throwing the football around? Is it remotely possible that some of these stories came from Vikings fans that maybe bit off a little more than they could chew with their attitude after the very first TD drive?

And if we are such vile people, why do fans keep coming?
Why wouldn't they stay away?
That's right, because a sweeping generalization is a much better story than glossing over how salty everyone really is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*
Warriors Fans Dance on Light Poles, In the Streets to Celebrate NBA Title
That's one example that took me exactly 5 seconds to google.

Why didn't this happen to the Atlanta fanbase the week before?

Oh, that's right, they didn't come into our house, play dress up with an iconic statue, and sing their favorite song at his feet. Don't pretend that your fanbase isn't capable of doing dumb stuff.

Did you see the shot of the two Vikings fan tailgating with Eagles fans before the game and everyone throwing the football around? Is it remotely possible that some of these stories came from Vikings fans that maybe bit off a little more than they could chew with their attitude after the very first TD drive?

And if we are such vile people, why do fans keep coming?
Why wouldn't they stay away?
That's right, because a sweeping generalization is a much better story than glossing over how salty everyone really is.
Sigh is right. You don't get it or more like don't want to get it. YES, all fan bases have these same issues and a bunch of idiots. Just not as many

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:couch2:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh is right. You don't get it or more like don't want to get it. YES, all fan bases have these same issues and a bunch of idiots. Just not as many

And when presented with contrarian evidence, deny deny deny.
Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt....

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. The Eagles making the Super Bowl has definitely triggered the haters. Especially them boyz fans.
mad0099.gif
anim_59.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh be crystal clear. There is no doubt that cowboy fans hate the Eagles. But portraying that as playing a role here is as asinine as pretending you don't have the worst acting fans in the league.

Your fans are so bad you make people want to root for the Patriots:heh:

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still jumping to conclusions and making broad generalizations based on twitter rumors/online stories n sech here, right? Ok good. Because it's starting to sound to me like maybe there's tons Vikings fans that love rolling into enemy territory, running their mouths, being disrespectful, etc. Now they want to play the poor little victim card after they got punched in the mouth for it. :noidea: