• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Brayden Schenn A Long-Term Fit?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems more and more by the day that he's going to be elsewhere sooner rather than later - with Travis Konecny, Taylor Leier and other young forwards knocking on the door and Brayden Schenn's role not being defined, I'm not sure the Flyers are going to want to commit long term $$$ to him - yeah if he had a chance to settle in he could be a good player but to have young forwards who are cheap would be nice too

Does he last here the whole season?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is both Schenns get packaged around trade deadline.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is both Schenns get packaged around trade deadline.

I agree with this. Maybe not packaged and sent somewhere, but I could definitely see both of them getting moved at the deadline. Laughton/Cousins and Ghost/Hagg/Morin could replace them both at that time.

With them both being rentals, Hexy could get a pretty decent return for them I think

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Maybe not packaged and sent somewhere, but I could definitely see both of them getting moved at the deadline. Laughton/Cousins and Ghost/Hagg/Morin could replace them both at that time.

With them both being rentals, Hexy could get a pretty decent return for them I think

Agreed

I think Dave Hakstol is looking for players that have not just a defined role, but a defined style of play in which you know what you're getting out of them night after night - Brayden Schenn shows flashes but he's been inconsistent and he hasn't been real good at any one aspect of the game(unlike Couts with his defensive prowess)

I think it might be difficult to package them both but they'll both be gone eventually

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you see is what you get with Brayden at this point. An inconsistent, scoring, middle sixer who can't lock down a position. (Which isn't really his fault)

I can understand wanting to stay cap friendly by choosing younger, cheaper, comparable guy over Schenn, but then what do you trade him for? You don't want to see him walk. He isn't really valuable enough to package for someone. I feel like he would just wind up being traded for a similar player with a similar price.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you see is what you get with Brayden at this point. An inconsistent, scoring, middle sixer who can't lock down a position. (Which isn't really his fault)

I can understand wanting to stay cap friendly by choosing younger, cheaper, comparable guy over Schenn, but then what do you trade him for? You don't want to see him walk. He isn't really valuable enough to package for someone. I feel like he would just wind up being traded for a similar player with a similar price.

I think at the deadline you can get a decent draft pick for him. If Rinaldo can get you a 3rd rounder, BSchenn should be able to fetch a 2nd.

Even still, I would consider a 'our guy hasn't panned out' for 'your guy who hasn't panned out' deal. Maybe a change of scenery is what's necessary for both players.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a perfect world, if you move him, you'd like to get a good pick out of it but you might be right - it might be a change of scenery type of trade for both teams where Dave Hakstol wants a specific type of player who fits the system better

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at the deadline you can get a decent draft pick for him. If Rinaldo can get you a 3rd rounder, BSchenn should be able to fetch a 2nd.

Even still, I would consider a 'our guy hasn't panned out' for 'your guy who hasn't panned out' deal. Maybe a change of scenery is what's necessary for both players.

In a perfect world, if you move him, you'd like to get a good pick out of it but you might be right - it might be a change of scenery type of trade for both teams where Dave Hakstol wants a specific type of player who fits the system better

Both scenarios to me just don't really make sense for Schenn. His price may wind up being a bit too rich, but he is still a good, relatively young scorer that adds good depth.

It is going to be a bit ugly next summer. With Voracek and Couturier's raises kicking in, Raffl and Schenn will be tough to fit in. You have to assume we let Luke and Medvedev walk if you even want to try to fit them in.

I'll give it to the deadline before I really want to trade Brayden. Hopefully Hakstol brings the best out of him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both scenarios to me just don't really make sense for Schenn. His price may wind up being a bit too rich, but he is still a good, relatively young scorer that adds good depth.

It is going to be a bit ugly next summer. With Voracek and Couturier's raises kicking in, Raffl and Schenn will be tough to fit in. You have to assume we let Luke and Medvedev walk if you even want to try to fit them in.

I'll give it to the deadline before I really want to trade Brayden. Hopefully Hakstol brings the best out of him.

I'm hoping he brings the best out in Brayden but I think the writing is on the wall - with the young forwards being close, that money could be used to help keep one of the d-men if it comes down to it

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just something that Brayden doesn't have...I can't put my finger on it. He is a decent skater, he has a good shot, he CAN be physical...but.... and the BUT is the problem.

I could see either or both Schenn's going by the deadline. I don't know to where of for what....

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Schenn is a 20 goal scorer. He had 47 points last year. Not so easy to replace with 1st and/or 2nd year players. With the shitty offense last year, I would not be so quick to trade 20 more goals away.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hakstol and Hextall are going to make a few changes that will raise some eyebrows. I believe gone are the days where this organization keeps players around that are not quite up there in playing performance anymore.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that Brayden could be a really good player on the right team with the right role. Being the number 2 behind G .... he doesn't make for the right counter punch. He isn't a good enough checker to be a 3 (if you are wed to the 3rd line is checking 4th line is energy). It really isn't his fault. He has put up some decent numbers. I would not commit to a long term deal. If you can move him knowing that there could be a short term pain from loosing his production, but long term clearing the slate as it were could be a very good thing.

Either way, I hope that Hexy is able to settle this once and for all. The longer these things drag on the more they become a distraction and potentially polarizing issues within the team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough situation as I believe that he can be a solid contributor in the right role as well. But is there a role for him on this team moving forward? Too bad that they couldn't have moved both Schenn's for Myers...would have solved a bunch of problems.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough situation as I believe that he can be a solid contributor in the right role as well. But is there a role for him on this team moving forward? Too bad that they couldn't have moved both Schenn's for Myers...would have solved a bunch of problems.

I'm not sure they would have been able to move both for Tyler Myers considering what that trade ended up benig - Evander Kane I think at his best is better than both Schenn's combined

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're just motivating schenn. if preseason is any indication, it seems to be working.

though, they'll have to find a spot for him if they want to keep him producing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're just motivating schenn. if preseason is any indication, it seems to be working.

though, they'll have to find a spot for him if they want to keep him producing.
He is definitely looking good so far.