• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never have, and never will get it.

RB is not a critical need for this team. I have nothing against AP......terrific talent. But at his current price and age, it's common sense - he's not going to be wearing a Dallas uniform.

But hey, keep posting the nonsense......there's a place for everyone here, we need a court jester.

With a strong, YOUNG OL such as we have, we can afford to draft a RB. History has proven you can get a quality back in lower rounds.....it isn't rocket science. We need production, not the league leader. If we can generate yards with our running game, I don't really care who it is we have in the backfield. YOU are hung up on specific players. The rest of us just want the yardage, AT A PRICE WE CAN AFFORD.

Apparently more teams than not ascribe to this common sense philosophy. But whatever floats your boat, chief....

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team tag Dez for two straight years, cut Carr after June 1st, saving another $8Mil in cap space (since he is refusing to take a pay cut now and that seems like a very likely option for team now-can always go CB in the 1st round-he also has the same agent as AP).....and then there's also still the 800lb Gorilla in the room. Romo's league leading $28Mil cap hit with auto triggers for restructuring. If they could get AP for about $8-$9Mil per over the next two to three seasons (AP will also save on no state taxes in Texas), with obtainable team incentive options, and that can reach $25Mil guarantee money under a Romo two year win-now window. It would be a much better option imo with more realistic team expectations, then drafting some complete unknown rookie RB as your team tempo-setter lol. Just not as easy as some of the these prevailing simplistic views here would make it seem, and the "we have the best OL in football, and could easily put any RB back there on the cheap", mentality lol.

Now if AP and/or the Vikes are asking for too much, then ofcourse you turn towards the draft as an option, but certainly not THE ONLY OPTION.

:comeatmebro:

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation is great. But AP at 8 mill per is not worth it given his age. PASS.

And once again.......Dallas isn't even TRYING to get him, so there's no point in this convo. He won't be a Dallas Cowboy, no matter what you post here.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation is great. But AP at 8 mill per is not worth it given his age. PASS.

And once again.......Dallas isn't even TRYING to get him, so there's no point in this convo. He won't be a Dallas Cowboy, no matter what you post here.

additionally, he IS NOT going to reduce his salary without YEARS guaranteed.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally speechless here. Please give your dad back his computer if you're unable to follow grown up's conversations.

:lol:

He's not incorrect.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team tag Dez for two straight years, cut Carr after June 1st, saving another $8Mil in cap space (since he is refusing to take a pay cut now and that seems like a very likely option for team now-can always go CB in the 1st round-he also has the same agent as AP).....and then there's also still the 800lb Gorilla in the room. Romo's league leading $28Mil cap hit with auto triggers for restructuring. If they could get AP for about $8-$9Mil per over the next two to three seasons (AP will also save on no state taxes in Texas), with obtainable team incentive options, and that can reach $25Mil guarantee money under a Romo two year win-now window. It would be a much better option imo with more realistic team expectations, then drafting some complete unknown rookie RB as your team tempo-setter lol. Just not as easy as some of the these prevailing simplistic views here would make it seem, and the "we have the best OL in football, and could easily put any RB back there on the cheap", mentality lol.

Now if AP and/or the Vikes are asking for too much, then ofcourse you turn towards the draft as an option, but certainly not THE ONLY OPTION.

:comeatmebro:
Greg......Adrian Peterson isn't going to play for the Cowboys this year....no how, now way, no matter what you and Mike Fisher think......period

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, all I'm trying to say here is:

This team was more than willing to pay Murray $6Mil a season. Someone who couldn't stay healthy an entire season and had issues fumbling the ball at the worst of times. It also took about 400 carries for him to reach 1800 yards, even behind this "vaunted" OL...lol. What's a couple more Mil a season between friends, for probably the greatest RB of our generation with something still left in his tank? Why risk your team's identity and gamble so freely with DMac, someone who hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career, or with some unproven 2nd or 3rd round reach from need at the RB position in this draft? Seems very risky for an organization that's on the cusp of getting it done, and that has just lost their pace setter and workhorse RB to a division rival. Romo has another 2-3 years of good seasons ahead of him, hopefully, so why risk it all that now just to save a few Million and stick with some new "team mantra" of spending wisely?? If past reports are true, I don't see AP having a problem of reducing his salary and the cap hit to this team to make a deal feasible if he really wants out of Minny....I really don't. In fact, I see him more then willing to do it with this team then with any other team because of his hometown roots, the Jerry mutual interests, and no state taxes in Texas providing him with more earning power...did I mention the possible return of endorsement deals previously lost playing for America's highest profiled sports team? Oh yeah, I did with my first OP in this thread. :heh:

Listen, If the Vikes remain delusional and want too much for him predicated on what the current market is for RBs, even though AP is a difference maker, he is still 30 years old, or if AP's asking price is much too high realistically, then by all means I'll be the first here to support a move to the draft for a young unknown RB prospect, and tell the Vikes to go fuck themselves. But to sit here and say that it is 100% their only logical course of action now, knowing that you could lose the entire season if wrong about a RB draft prospect, or one of your crucial OLmen get injured and you lose consistency along the line and it must now rely on DMac and an unproven rookie to produce and set the table for your entire team, lol, is simply ridiculous and you are just guilty of having a cap-challenged mentality.

See ya later kids, gotta go.

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, all I'm trying to say here is:

This team was more than willing to pay Murray $6Mil a season. Someone who couldn't stay healthy an entire season and had issues fumbling the ball at the worst of times. It also took about 400 carries for him to reach 1800 yards, even behind this "vaunted" OL...lol. What's a couple more Mil a season between friends, for probably the greatest RB of our generation with something still left in his tank? Why risk your team's identity and gamble so freely with DMac, someone who hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career, or with some unproven 2nd or 3rd round reach from need at the RB position in this draft? Seems very risky for an organization that's on the cusp of getting it done, and that has just lost their pace setter and workhorse RB to a division rival. Romo has another 2-3 years of good seasons ahead of him, hopefully, so why risk it all that now just to save a few Million and stick with some new "team mantra" of spending wisely?? If past reports are true, I don't see AP having a problem of reducing his salary and the cap hit to this team to make a deal feasible if he really wants out of Minny....I really don't. In fact, I see him more then willing to do it with this team then with any other team because of his hometown roots, the Jerry mutual interests, and no state taxes in Texas providing him with more earning power...did I mention the possible return of endorsement deals previously lost playing for America's highest profiled sports team? Oh yeah, I did with my first OP in this thread. :heh:

Listen, If the Vikes remain delusional and want too much for him predicated on what the current market is for RBs, even though AP is a difference maker, he is still 30 years old, or if AP's asking price is much too high realistically, then by all means I'll be the first here to support a move to the draft for a young unknown RB prospect. But to sit here and say that it is 100% their only logical course of action now, knowing that you could lose the entire season if wrong about a RB draft prospect, or one of your crucial OLmen get injured and you lose consistency along the line and it must now rely on DMac and an unproven rookie to produce and set the table for your entire team, lol, is simply ridiculous and you are just guilty of having cap-challenging mentality.

See ya later kids, gotta go.
No. What you're trying to say is posters who don't agree with all of your opinions are 7-year-old idiots who can't read...and that's pretty much all you're trying to say.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally speechless here. Please give your dad back his computer if you're unable to follow grown up's conversations.

You being speechless is a good thing. Hopefully you rmain that way for awhile.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I mention the possible return of endorsement deals previously lost playing for America's highest profiled sports team? Oh yeah, I did with my first OP in this thread.

Endorsement Deals!!! You think AP is going to get endorsement deals??? Are you frigging crazy??? What Company is going to hire a guy a year removed from beating his child bloody to endorse their product....maybe Bandaids???

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Endorsement Deals!!! You think AP is going to get endorsement deals??? Are you frigging crazy??? What Company is going to hire a guy a year removed from beating his child bloody to endorse their product....maybe Bandaids???

How long did it take Kobe to get his endorsements back? AP will be retired by the time a company would even consider it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then by all means I'll be the first here to support a move to the draft for a young unknown RB prospect, and tell the Vikes to go fuck themselves.

Seriously? You are so hypocritical. You spend two weeks belittling every comment about drafting a RB. Including in this thread today criticizing who we have drafted in the past and how we can't "plug and play" just any draft pick, etc..and now you'll be the first to support it??? At least you aren't dumb enough to believe your own bull shit I guess.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread isn't even amusing anymore...

How many paragraphs have been written about AP in this thread? And still he has no problem cranking out a few more - saying something that has been said 15x over already. Seriously dude, beat a dead horse much?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread isn't even amusing anymore...

How many paragraphs have been written about AP in this thread? And still he has no problem cranking out a few more - saying something that has been said 15x over already. Seriously dude, beat a dead horse much?

For shits and grins I went and counted gregs posting on the two AP threads. When I counted he was at 175 or so posts with 75 of them on these two threads. That dude is obsessed with AP. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a naked FatHead of AP holding a switch hanging on his wall.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones says the team is "wide open" to the possibility of drafting a running back.

Currently, the Cowboys are trying to replace last season's rushing leader, DeMarco Murray, with a trio of Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar. In other words, they don't have a viable plan on the roster. Georgia's Todd Gurley is the draft's top back, but it's unclear where he might get selected. Injury concerns could keep him out of Day 1, while he'd be unlikely to fall to the Cowboys at No. 60 on Day 2. Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon could be a more realistic target for Big D.
Related: Cowboys

Source: David Helman on Twitter
Mar 24 - 4:23 PM

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. What you're trying to say is posters who don't agree with all of your opinions are 7-year-old idiots who can't read...and that's pretty much all you're trying to say.

Well, you guys are kinda slow here...all you do is hug the salary cap and players on this team that you like. Lack any real innovative thinking at all, just see and swallow what's put out there by the media for general consumption. Nothing but followers...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you guys are kinda slow here...all you do is hug the salary cap and players on this team that you like. Lack any real innovative thinking at all, just see and swallow what's put out there by the media for general consumption. Nothing but followers...
Not followers, just people who deal on reality. Most guys here would like to see AP on the Cowboys. And Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner and Jimmy Graham too. None of those guys are for sale for your 2nd rounder and none will play for Dallas for $4 million a year less than their current team either