• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you? 7 years old? Listen, AP doesn't want to play for your team anymore dude....get over it. Pull up your big boy pants now and move on. Not going to release him??...we already knew that dude weeks ago. They will try and get something for him before or during the draft, as they should...this is not rocket science you know. Why would you or your irrelevant team want a player that doesn't want to be there anymore?? Grovel much?? ....oh yeah, I forgot, you are a meaningless team in a meaningless state....my bad.

If the Vikes want to get something in return, just announce that your open to trades for him, and it is what it is, and what your looking to get for him in any trade in return, and stop playing these silly little mind games with the public (you're not fooling anyone). It only makes the Vikes' management and their organization look really pathetic and desperate.

:lol:

You entertain me. Keep it up!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Won’t Enter Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes
March 23, 2015 9:44 AM

Mike Fisher
Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist, the author of...
Read More

Follow The Fan: Facebook |Twitter

DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Cowboys won’t be pursuing a trade for Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson, two sources tell 105.3 The Fan, citing among the reasons the team’s more disciplined approach to spending at the running back position and the running back depth in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Peterson, who turned 30 today, clearly wants a fresh start from Minnesota and has expressed a desire to play for the Cowboys in his home state. But the Cowboys have never been interested in taking on his existing contract ($12, $15 and $17 million for the next three seasons) and believe even if he negotiates to a reduced rate, his salary would be exorbitant — especially compared to the fraction of the cost of exploring draft-eligible runners like Todd Gurley and Tevin Coleman.

This isn’t a “cap-hell’’ issue; Dallas can easily make the room to absorb any contract. It’s a bang-for-your-buck issue. The Cowboys just established that they are willing to pay what could end up being top dollar for the sort of talent that can’t usually be had an any price (Greg Hardy, who could end up making upwards of $11 million on his one-year non-guaranteed deal and available as a free agent because Carolina wished to rid itself of his domestic-violence controversy.).

Peterson is a rare talent, too, of course – the best running back of his generation. But the Cowboys have decided there are other ways to win at the position rather than overspend (see Dallas’ $6-mil ceiling on DeMarco Murray, allowed to leave for Philly’s almost-$9-mil-a-year deal) … and that Jerry Jones’ long-standing work to pull off above-the-marquee moves should be usurped by the goals of his son, COO Stephen Jones, to spend the allotted $143 million in cap room in a more football-responsible manner.

Peterson is off the Menu if the report is accurate

Just saying

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Won’t Enter Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes
March 23, 2015 9:44 AM

Mike Fisher
Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist, the author of...
Read More

Follow The Fan: Facebook |Twitter

DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Cowboys won’t be pursuing a trade for Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson, two sources tell 105.3 The Fan, citing among the reasons the team’s more disciplined approach to spending at the running back position and the running back depth in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Peterson, who turned 30 today, clearly wants a fresh start from Minnesota and has expressed a desire to play for the Cowboys in his home state. But the Cowboys have never been interested in taking on his existing contract ($12, $15 and $17 million for the next three seasons) and believe even if he negotiates to a reduced rate, his salary would be exorbitant — especially compared to the fraction of the cost of exploring draft-eligible runners like Todd Gurley and Tevin Coleman.

This isn’t a “cap-hell’’ issue; Dallas can easily make the room to absorb any contract. It’s a bang-for-your-buck issue. The Cowboys just established that they are willing to pay what could end up being top dollar for the sort of talent that can’t usually be had an any price (Greg Hardy, who could end up making upwards of $11 million on his one-year non-guaranteed deal and available as a free agent because Carolina wished to rid itself of his domestic-violence controversy.).

Peterson is a rare talent, too, of course – the best running back of his generation. But the Cowboys have decided there are other ways to win at the position rather than overspend (see Dallas’ $6-mil ceiling on DeMarco Murray, allowed to leave for Philly’s almost-$9-mil-a-year deal) … and that Jerry Jones’ long-standing work to pull off above-the-marquee moves should be usurped by the goals of his son, COO Stephen Jones, to spend the allotted $143 million in cap room in a more football-responsible manner.

Peterson is off the Menu if the report is accurate

Just saying
Mike Fisher..... the same guy Greg was getting all his AP to Dallas dirt from:L

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Fisher..... the same guy Greg was getting all his AP to Dallas dirt from:L

You never show your hand in a poker game :scratch:

Never heard of a team using the media to drive down a player's trade value before?? You never say that you covet player openly, it only drives up their asking price. Ofcourse Jerry is still interested in AP for the right price. Last I checked, this is still Jerry's team and not Stephens lol. If they seriously believe that spending cheaply is the only way to go here, when you have a shot at replacing Murray (fumbler with no break away speed), with the best RB of our generation (AD-AP), if he becomes available at a reasonable price tag, on some complete crap shoot in the draft, then this team belongs in mediocrity along with the hacks on this messageboard.

Unknown sources??? :pound:

Interesting, never once any team official just come out and say that they weren't intersted in AP?? Leaks like this were just taylor made for gullible people like you. I do like Fish as a source though. He is very knowledgable, unlike the fantasy player lovers here.
:yes:

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when he says something that supports your view he is an award winning journalist that is smarter than us message board wannabes and his opinion is valid. When he says something that doesn't support your opinion he's a dope that is being played by someone whose agenda is to do the opposite of what he is reporting?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never show your hand in a poker game :scratch:

Never heard of a team using the media to drive down a player's trade value before?? You never say that you covet player openly, it only drives up their asking price. Ofcourse Jerry is still interested in AP for the right price. Last I checked, this is still Jerry's team and not Stephens lol. If they seriously believe that spending cheaply is the only way to go here, when you have a shot at replacing Murray (fumbler with no break away speed), with the best RB of our generation (AD-AP), if he becomes available at a reasonable price tag, on some complete crap shoot in the draft, then this team belongs in mediocrity along with the hacks on this messageboard.

Unknown sources??? :pound:

Interesting, never once any team official just come out and say that they weren't intersted in AP?? Leaks like this were just taylor made for gullible people like you. I do like Fish as a source though. He is very knowledgable, unlike the fantasy player lovers here.
:yes:

Here's some more fodder for you to mull over.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when he says something that supports your view he is an award winning journalist that is smarter than us message board wannabes and his opinion is valid. When he says something that doesn't support your opinion he's a dope that is being played by someone whose agenda is to do the opposite of what he is reporting?
Please learn the difference between opinion, fish and I agree that AP would put this team over the top, and what some team official may put out as a leak to diffuse something. Do I have to break everything down for you guys here???...gessh

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One key injury along the OL, and it's back to 8-8 seasons we go with your messiah rookie RB...better pray Romo doesn't get killed as well.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is WFRYE on better behavior

Still think he is the Fry guy

just saying
I can't see it. WFRYE struggled with the basic concept of upper case and lower case. He could barely handle the log-in procedure.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please learn the difference between opinion, fish and I agree that AP would put this team over the top, and what some team official may put out as a leak to diffuse something. Do I have to break everything down for you guys here???...gessh
''Fish and I agree'':burt:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry::cheer2:

Here's some more fodder for you to mull over.

AP's agent tells the USA Today at owner's meeting in Phoenix "we want out of Minnesota" !!!

Wow, that place must be a real shit hole to AP right now :heh:

But keep on begging Minny fans, team ownership, and team management, maybe you'll win his heart back someday:Cry:....have you tried getting down on your knees and offering your services for free to keep him there? Just a thought...

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry::cheer2:

AP's agent tells the USA Today at owner's meeting in Phoenix "we want out of Minnesota" !!!

Wow, that place must be a real shit hole to AP right now :heh:

But keep on begging Minny fans, team ownership, and team management, maybe you'll win his heart back someday:Cry:....have you tried getting down on your knees and offering your services for free to keep him there? Just a thought...

You simply don't get it, do you? Where have you seen anyone from MN begging for AP to stay? We don't have to. He's under contract, and if the Vikings don't trade him he'll have 2 options: Play and honor his contract; don't play and get fined. He made a mistake and compounded it with additional mistakes and arrogance.

I don't care if he plays for MN again or not (nor do most people that I talk to) - I've stated it previously, you dunce. I don't think they'll get the appropriate value in a trade, therefore, they should keep him and play this game of chicken.

The funny thing is, there are so many moving parts to this that you fail to understand, but keep swinging buddy. You're the one that can't get off his jock.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would send a 2nd round pick for ap if he agreed on a paycut. 8 million per hometown discount. He is better than murray

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would send a 2nd round pick for ap if he agreed on a paycut. 8 million per hometown discount. He is better than murray
I think anyone would, but the Vikings would laugh at the trade offer and AP would laugh at the $8 million per year.