• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Stat - GW Goals

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked out the GW goals this playoff run for the Kings, I didn't recall just one guy being that "go to" guy when the game was over.

No one has more than 2 (Williams, Brown, Toffoli, Martinez) the other 7 are spread out all over the 4 lines and defense (Muzzin, Kopitar, Gaborik, Carter, Lewis, Richards, Doughty).

Pretty impressive how any single guy on this team can step up when needed.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked out the GW goals this playoff run for the Kings, I didn't recall just one guy being that "go to" guy when the game was over.

No one has more than 2 (Williams, Brown, Toffoli, Martinez) the other 7 are spread out all over the 4 lines and defense (Muzzin, Kopitar, Gaborik, Carter, Lewis, Richards, Doughty).

I can only imagine how frustrated that makes opponents.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only this Puck.. but check this out.

* Eleven different players have accounted for the Kings’ 11 goals through the first three games of the Stanley Cup Final.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine how frustrated that makes opponents.

Absolutely, you never know where the dagger is going to come from.

Want to key on Kopitar? Carter. Want to key on Carter? Richards. Richards has been hounded all game? Lewis. Forwards being shut down? Doughty. Key in on Doughty? Muzzin. Key in on Doughty and Muzzin? Williams. It doesn't end.

I give credit to the Kings management, they are the ones who built this roster for moments like this.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only this Puck.. but check this out.

* Eleven different players have accounted for the Kings’ 11 goals through the first three games of the Stanley Cup Final.

Read that the other day, it struck me as odd which is why I started to look at the GW goals stats.

This team is much better than the 2012 team I think, especially with the depth but more importantly the contributions. In 2012 it was the Brown/Carter/Kopitar/Doughty show basically, completely different this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think picking a Conn Smythe winner, if you had to pick based on the first 3 games, would be difficult because the Kings have truly been a team. Those stats definitely speak for themselves with 11 different goal scorers on all 11 Kings goals in the finals. Then you thrown in Quick who stole the show in Game 3.

Someone on NHL Network mentioned Williams, and it is hard for me to argue that he would not deserve the Conn Smythe based on this Playoff run. 2 points in every Game 7 the first 3 rounds, game winner in finals Game 1 OT, 3 assists in finals Game 2, assist on Carter's goal in finals Game 3.

If the Rangers come back, then obviously someone on their team did something right and would be under consideration, but based on the Kings and Kings alone, I believe heading into this series it was Doughty, and but looking now it would be Williams.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough one, I think Kopitar carried this team a lot in the earlier rounds but as they have gone by more and more of the team has stepped up in different moments. I think recently Williams has killed it, but he didn't do so earlier in rounds. But when the chips were on the table, he delivered. That has to account for something.

I think if it ends tonight, I would give it to Doughty based on the overall body of work although Williams and Kopitar make a very, very strong case. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to either of those 3 guys but Doughty has been consistent from April 16 until now where as the other two guys weren't as consistent.

As much as I like Quick, he shouldn't even be in this conversation, he has been very pedestrian all playoffs long but has come up huge when needed to. I think 2012 spoiled us.

Personally, on June 11 I am happy we are having this discussion rather than "who should we take with the nTH overall pick?" like we used to 5 years ago.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, on June 11 I am happy we are having this discussion rather than "who should we take with the nTH overall pick?" like we used to 5 years ago.

How true, how true. They don't even bother having draft parties any longer. My choice for the Conn Smythe assuming the Kings win would be either Doughty or Kopitar. Williams wouldn't disappoint me though.

Ox

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty is the Kings engine. I think he deserves the Conn Smythe over everyone else. Logging huge minutes, and his play on both ends is just incredible. Williams is an interesting choice, because he got demoted to the third line and has come up huge time and time again in big situations, putting up major points playing primarily without star forwards. But if a forward does win it, it has to be Kopi. You can not underestimate the difficult job it was playing guys like Thornton, Couture, Getzlaf and Toews, night in and night out, and not only neutralizing them but getting the better end of it. Kopi's defensive play is huge to the Kings success. And then there's Carter. Easily the best player out of the most difficult series we played. Lots of guys helped get us this far. You could say the same thing in 2012.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet Williams for the 2 OT goals. Not an easy choice though. Havent seen a team effort win a Stanley Cup like this that I can remember. That is what I like best about hockey. Even when your team is out, it is still so fun to watch.

Good luck tonight guys!