• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In-Season Trade Thread.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is never too early to start the rumors and wishful thinkings.

I have heard people mention Alonzo but I hate rentals. Re-signing him would be difficult and expensive. Here is what was reported earlier:

The trade explorations came after, however, the Mets made an attempt to lock Alonso up for the remainder of the decade. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Mets offered Alonso a seven-year, $158M extension last June, which would’ve kept him in Queens through his age 29-35 seasons. According to Sherman, “the sides never got close to a deal,” which is why the Mets then shifted to at least testing the waters to see what Alonso might net on the trade market.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard people mention Alonzo but I hate rentals. Re-signing him would be difficult and expensive. Here is what was reported earlier:

The trade explorations came after, however, the Mets made an attempt to lock Alonso up for the remainder of the decade. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Mets offered Alonso a seven-year, $158M extension last June, which would’ve kept him in Queens through his age 29-35 seasons. According to Sherman, “the sides never got close to a deal,” which is why the Mets then shifted to at least testing the waters to see what Alonso might net on the trade market.
Pass on Alonzo for all the reasons of giving up top prospects with and 99.99999% sure he won't sign with Seattle. Marlins started their fire sale and see in the coming weeks which teams fall further out of WC race that may start up their fire sale. STL comes to mind.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Alonzo for all the reasons of giving up top prospects with and 99.99999% sure he won't sign with Seattle. Marlins started their fire sale and see in the coming weeks which teams fall further out of WC race that may start up their fire sale. STL comes to mind.
I will take anyone from Baltimore. Apparently they all smash 1-9.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should all hate rentals but we have to live in reality that, that is how the team could win the World Series.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a problem with St Louis is they just aren’t a match for Seattle as last years deadline and the offseason. Their needs are basically the opposite of what Seattle has in the farm system. They should be going after the Marlins but not really sure how. I don’t really see anyone offensively that is worth a top prospect. Their arms are intriguing but would kind of I think piss everyone off if they again traded prospects for arms instead of upgrading the offense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a problem with St Louis is they just aren’t a match for Seattle as last years deadline and the offseason. Their needs are basically the opposite of what Seattle has in the farm system. They should be going after the Marlins but not really sure how. I don’t really see anyone offensively that is worth a top prospect. Their arms are intriguing but would kind of I think piss everyone off if they again traded prospects for arms instead of upgrading the offense.
There's a couple of position players I do like but that would be closer to a deadline deal to bring down the asking price just a bit.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all hate rentals but we have to live in reality that, that is how the team could win the World Series.
Nope. I'll stop watching if that becomes our model.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'll stop watching if that becomes our model.
But then what is your idealistic model? They won’t spend in free agency, they are 3 years away from the core prospects being ready to fill out the offense. The only other model is what Jerry has been doing where he keeps doing minor trades that don’t move the needle on them being a World Series contender.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple of position players I do like but that would be closer to a deadline deal to bring down the asking price just a bit.
I don’t necessarily disagree that they have some guys that would be nice, but I don’t think the Mariners really have the prospects they would want is what I’m saying. It’d be like if they trade Cal right now for pitching prospects. Plus I’m assuming your talking about the few guys that are making money

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then what is your idealistic model? They won’t spend in free agency, they are 3 years away from the core prospects being ready to fill out the offense. The only other model is what Jerry has been doing where he keeps doing minor trades that don’t move the needle on them being a World Series contender.
My plan and Dipoto's plan will never match up. I give up on hoping for the best.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan and Dipoto's plan will never match up. I give up on hoping for the best.
lol I know. But ideally what would be your plan?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t necessarily disagree that they have some guys that would be nice, but I don’t think the Mariners really have the prospects they would want is what I’m saying. It’d be like if they trade Cal right now for pitching prospects. Plus I’m assuming your talking about the few guys that are making money
Some guys yes making money but closer the deadline the less money Seattle would owe or an earlier deal could have STL pay some of that contract. At this point it's tough to say what STL needs down on the farm.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly there is no real model. What we see is what we see.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly there is no real model. What we see is what we see.
Not if Seattle won’t spend money on free agents. They will have to either trade 1 or two top prospects for impact rental or 3 plus for a guy with team control left.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Seattle won’t spend money on free agents. They will have to either trade 1 or two top prospects for impact rental or 3 plus for a guy with team control left.
That happens our farm will be depleted in 3 yrs than team will be in real trouble with prospects gone and FO being cheap. We become the Pirates of the west.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vlad.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happens our farm will be depleted in 3 yrs than team will be in real trouble with prospects gone and FO being cheap. We become the Pirates of the west.
Yeah no idea on their thinking cause they can keep all of these prospects and pray they work out but the chances are slim. They’ve shown they can draft pitchers, but Cal is the only offensive draftee that has been worth anything. They can’t help the injuries with Lewis and White but they didn’t work out.

They won’t be the Pirates cause they won’t trade all of them though but Cal, Kirby, Gilbert and Julio are all going to become super expensive soon and the tippy top prospects are years away and it is massively gambling that by the time they get to the bigs that none of the pitchers have had to had Tommy John especially with this new emphasis on the splitter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited: