• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In honor of their game tonight........

Current Worst Run Team

• Cavs

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've told you before, if you have a problem, PM me.

I don't have a problem.
POINT is, only 2 posts were made here yesterday before you decided to move it.
Neither post was off base.
We both just offered different opinions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was a smart move not a lucky move, Bynum had been having issues with his knee's for sometime prior to the trade & he was a nut case, but to you giving credit to Mitch for making a smart move on this is not possible, you have to use the word luck to make sense of it, nice job. :L

I said he was lucky Bynum reinjured himself vs developing into a dominant center because Howard left.
At the time, the move was a no brainer, but because Howard left, the move was a FO failure.

[
QUOTE]1. In correct Nash was not a 40 year old point guard at the time of the signing, so your comment is irrelevant, he turned 40 today, he was signed when he was 38 & had came off a good season in Phoenix.

Semantics on the age. Fact is PG's shredded your defense the previous 2 playoffs. Nash was no type of solution and IMO was only brought there because of D'Antoni.
NO WAY was he worth what the Lakers gave up for him. He was worth Ray Allen $$ ( 3 years 9M.)

2. If you would know anything about the Ramon Session deal you would know that they offered him a 2 year deal, wich he refused believing he could get more & ended up getting the same deal in Charlotte wich was a stupid move by him.

Perhaps, but the Lakers agreed to terms with Nash without negotiating with Sessions.
In other words, they had made their choice.
On top of that, they got rid of Fisher.
Both bad moves.

3. Wether Paul wanted to be a Laker or not that wasn't the point, the point was you said they made poor decisions in this matter with out looking at the overall situation of what was going on & who was available to try & improve the roster.

My opinion is they did, and I believe the results support that.

So in your opinion the rest of the squad had nothing to do with helping them go on a run to get in the playoffs, I guess you watch ever Laker game last season like I did right ?? :L

No one player wins by himself, but Kobe was BY FAR the biggest season they went on that winning streak.

How do you know they could of still for sure lost in the 1st round, nothing is for sure, do you have a crystal ball in your hands ??

Spurs came an eyelash away from winning a championship last year.
Lakers weren't beating them in a 7 game series.

2nd And what does losing in the 1st round have to do with them making poor decisions according to you ??
Was it the Lakers management fault that injuries hobbled the team last season ??

The end result is a result of the decisions.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread was actually about teams with current poorly run front offices.
I submitted the Lakers as one of them and gave the opportunity to name others.
So far one person named the Hawks.

As far as worrying about the Heat, as of right now, why?

Resume/results are pretty damn good these day.

The Hawks have NEVER made it past the second round of the playoffs. The closest we came was in 87-88 when we had Boston down 3-2 and blew it. :L

http://basketball.******.com/nba/teams/Atlanta-Hawks/1/Playoff_History

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has problems alright, but he's never going to PM you because that's the first stage in setting things right: Admitting that a problem exists.

He won't admit it and no psychologist can help him until he does admit it and acknowledge it.

The dude's more bonkers than I am. :nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but the Lakers agreed to terms with Nash without negotiating with Sessions.
In other words, they had made their choice.
On top of that, they got rid of Fisher.
Both bad moves.

After Sessions opt it out Lakers were still in negotiations with him when he became a FA. He could of still been a Lakers with Nash since he was always more of a back up role PG so he can developed, but like I mentioned before he was an Idiot for going to Charlotte, when the Lakers did want him.

I don't blame them for getting rid of Fisher at that time he was playing horrible & despite us Laker fans loving Fisher we knew it was time to move on. Trust me i saw him play every game his last season with the Lakers.

No one player wins by himself, but Kobe was BY FAR the biggest season they went on that winning streak.

Well than don't be sarcastic about, be realistic & comprehend. In the end all of them still played pretty well. Now Imagine if they had all been healthy through out the season with Kobe leading the way, when everyone thought he was finished before he went down with his achilies injury.

The end result is a result of the decisions.

So let's say Wade,Lebron & Bosh were to all get injured & get knocked out in the 1st round, that's on Pat Riley this season ??

You can't blame all injuries on management, it's a right mixture of cocktails that gives a team all these injuries. You have training staff methods that are probably not working & also just bad luck if another player lands or hits his knee or breaks an ankle, that can happen to anybody it's part of the game. It's not managements fault, Lakers always had star power in LA & last season it was not a bad idea to have Nash,Kobe,Gasol & Howard on a team, I'm pretty sure many teams wouldn't mind having that roster to start the season. Injuries came after the season started.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has problems alright, but he's never going to PM you because that's the first stage in setting things right: Admitting that a problem exists.

He won't admit it and no psychologist can help him until he does admit it and acknowledge it.

The dude's more bonkers than I am. :nod:

Is he more bonkers than Chik-Fil-A? That's the real question!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sessions opt it out Lakers were still in negotiations with him when he became a FA. He could of still been a Lakers with Nash since he was always more of a back up role PG so he can developed, but like I mentioned before he was an Idiot for going to Charlotte, when the Lakers did want him.

In fact, if memory serves, the idea was for him to learn from Nash (as Farmar, Blake and Marshall are doing) and take over when Nash retired.

I don't blame them for getting rid of Fisher at that time he was playing horrible & despite us Laker fans loving Fisher we knew it was time to move on. Trust me i saw him play every game his last season with the Lakers.

There's no bigger D-Fish fan than me and yes, it was time for him to go.

Well than don't be sarcastic about, be realistic & comprehend. In the end all of them still played pretty well. Now Imagine if they had all been healthy through out the season with Kobe leading the way, when everyone thought he was finished before he went down with his achilies injury.

Considering that they never really got to where they were completely in sync with one another, they put together a pretty impressive run to end the season and make the playoffs.

So let's say Wade,Lebron & Bosh were to all get injured & get knocked out in the 1st round, that's on Pat Riley this season ??

You can't blame all injuries on management, it's a right mixture of cocktails that gives a team all these injuries. You have training staff methods that are probably not working & also just bad luck if another player lands or hits his knee or breaks an ankle, that can happen to anybody it's part of the game. It's not managements fault, Lakers always had star power in LA & last season it was not a bad idea to have Nash,Kobe,Gasol & Howard on a team, I'm pretty sure many teams wouldn't mind having that roster to start the season. Injuries came after the season started.

Exactly. Perhaps you can assume that older players will begin to have injury issues, but the one's the Lakers suffered through were more of the freak injury variety that can happen at any age.

As for Nash/Kobe and Gasol together, virtually every other GM in the league would have jumped on the opportunity.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only call someone Chico if you actually know how to speak spanish & this word is mainly used by a female when talking to a man just so you know, so it sounds GAY coming from you unless you're a female, are you ?? para que aprendas que quiere decir de verdad, entiendes lo que te digo ?? ok.

Now this was after he opt out, I remember because Lakers had a final offer a few days prior to signing Nash & it was mention on the Local Espn LA Radio 710 by Mason & Ireland. I remember how they were talking on the radio how he took the same deal pretty much that the Lakers had offered him when he was hoping he would get more. It always stuck with me because of the way they said his agent was an idiot & I was paying close attention since I was a big fan of his after I met Sessions & got an autograph & picture with him when I met him at Frank & Sons here in Southern Cali. This is why I mentioned the same similar deal he got offered by the lakers that he got from the Bobcats because Ireland mentioned it & Ill take his word for it since he travels with the team & calls their play by play radio games.
You can remember what others said all you want. I showed quotes of Mitch saying he wanted Sessions to stay opted in and watch him play a full season (the last year of his contract) before they offered him a contract / multi-year deal.

He was offered a 2yr deal by Charlotte..... to where the Lakers wanted to wait before offering.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he more bonkers than Chik-Fil-A? That's the real question!!:lol:

Probably not. You've got a good point there. :laugh3:

But he thinks he knows everything so maybe he does rival Chik in that respect.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can remember what others said all you want. I showed quotes of Mitch saying he wanted Sessions to stay opted in and watch him play a full season (the last year of his contract) before they offered him a contract / multi-year deal.

He was offered a 2yr deal by Charlotte..... to where the Lakers wanted to wait before offering.

Your quotes from Mitch from that time period June 20, 2012 of when Sessions opted out are irrelevant, Like I said this was after he opted out & you're not mentioning how they were still negotiating with him after he opted out. This is why it was mentioned on ESPN LA radio. Ramon Session did not sign right away with Charlotte when he opted out, he signed with them until Jul 12, 2012. During this time period Lakers had been trying to complete a deal with him & his agent.

Like I said & Trojan12 said earlier the plan was for him to learn under Nash after they had signed Nash, how are you going to tell me about Lakers news ?? LMAO!! some funny shit coming from you. I know you don't get your sources as much as us Lakers fans here directly in LA do, so you don't have the complete inside details. I'm assuming you didn't even know that the plan was for him to learn under Nash & that's probably because you didn't hear about it like we did here in LA & I'm not saying through sources on the internet or LA Times etc unless it's a big news, but thank you for being informative, but it was in correct anyways a 2 year deal prior to him signing with the Bobcats had been offered, but it wasn't big news believe it or not. :suds:

I was also talking about this with Lakers fans on Chatzy & they also remember this deal had been offered to him, so I guess I'm a liar oh well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. You've got a good point there. :laugh3:

But he thinks he knows everything so maybe he does rival Chik in that respect.

I guess the difference between me and some of the others here is that I am just offering my opinion.
I'm not trying to convince you that I am correct.

I don't agree with your Hawks comment, because I think they get the most out of what they have.
The isn't FO failure. HOWEVER, if you believe it is and they are currently being run worse then the Lakers, you are certainly allowed.

At least Laker Boy has the ability to make points and counter points.
Some might make me view things slightly differently, some won't.

Then we have the others.
We have one person who was given a badge and at that point pretty much lost all ability to debate.
It's either his way or the I'll delete or move way.

Then we have yes man ClueLess. Not even worth commenting about.

As far as this whole issue, if anyone remembers back to the CBS days, I was never convinced this combination of players would work. It isn't like I am coming up with stuff after the fact.
Before the season ever started last year I said the Clippers would win the division and the Lakers would be fighting for a 6-8 seed.

It's funny, some of you felt the Big 3 wouldn't work. For a while it didn't.

Sorry, no matter what the names are, I'm not thinking a PG nearing 40 who never could defend, Howard coming off of major surgery, Kome, etc.., all playing a new system together would work.

I understand the FO went for it, all or nothing......but they pretty much came away with nothing.
In this debate, end results, IMO, is all that should be judged.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the difference between me and some of the others here is that I am just offering my opinion.

I don't agree with your Hawks comment, because I think they get the most out of what they have.
The isn't FO failure. HOWEVER, if you believe it is and they are currently being run worse then the Lakers, you are certainly allowed.

Then we have the others.
We have one person who was given a badge and at that point pretty much lost all ability to debate.

Then we have yes man ClueLess. Not even worth commenting about.

As far as this whole issue, if anyone remembers back to the CBS days, I was never convinced this combination of players would work. It isn't like I am coming up with stuff after the fact.
Before the season ever started last year I said the Clippers would win the division and the Lakers would be fighting for a 6-8 seed.

It's funny, some of you felt the Big 3 wouldn't work. For a while it didn't.

Sorry, no matter what the names are, I'm not thinking a PG nearing 40 who never could defend, Howard coming off of major surgery, Kome, etc.., all playing a new system together would work.

I understand the FO went for it, all or nothing......but they pretty much came away with nothing.
In this debate, end results, IMO, is all that should be judged.

Needless to say SOMEBODY'S a tad pissy about me being right...:bawling:

"Just offering my opinion". Hilarious...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you wear a sheriffs badge on your pajamas?

"Turned into the typical shit show." Actually describes the current condition of the Lakers.
Nothing on this thread is/was off base.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't have a problem.
POINT is, only 2 posts were made here yesterday before you decided to move it.
Neither post was off base.
We both just offered different opinions.

Then we have the others.

Nope, you don't have a problem at all.:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you don't have a problem at all.:laugh3:

Problem?
IM you?
For what?

I'm posting on a sports thread in the U.S.A..
Are you moderating from a communist country?

If you want to use your 'power' against people who don't always agree with you,
then knock yourself out!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem?
IM you?
For what?

I'm posting on a sports thread in the U.S.A..
Are you moderating from a communist country?

If you want to use your 'power' against people who don't always agree with you,
then knock yourself out!

Yep, typical turnup: "It's not me. Everybody else has the problem".:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody?
We all don't have to agree on everything or with you. Do we?
There has been plenty of reasonable back and forth debate on this thread.
You just haven't been any part of it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody?
We all don't have to agree on everything or with you. Do we?
There has been plenty of reasonable back and forth debate on this thread.
You just haven't been any part of it.

If you're unhappy here there are plenty of other message boards. You can also PM me with your issues and/or PM Hammer or any mod.

I'm done debating this with you on ANY open forum.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're unhappy here there are plenty of other message boards. You can also PM me with your issues and/or PM Hammer or any mod.

I'm done debating this with you on ANY open forum.

And full circle back to this bullshit? :lol:

I'm cool with discussing the topic with others here.
Thanks for caring though.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I don't even bother with him after our first argument. He's not wrong. You are. That's it in a nutshell.

I had him on ignore until recently. He is making more sense lately, so I find him tolerable. But I won't bother getting into a discussion with him due to his unreasonable retorts until he matures quite a bit more than he has.