• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Buffalo

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bills play their cards right they could be in a really good spot around this time in say a year or two BUT if they make the wrong choice they will be in bad shape. Here is your reason why and that reason has a name and it is Josh Allen. The Bills picked the wrong QB and picked a 56% passer with accuracy concerns and those hardly ever work out. Meanwhile Arizona laughed all the way to the bank or the podium where teams make picks and chose QB Josh Rosen after the Bills critical mistake. The bright spot? AJ McCarron. The worst thing that could happen is to make another mistake and get rid of the wrong guy. The Bills have a great head coach and are slowly building a really good team but they will only win games if in the long run the right QB is in place. They and the rest of the AFC East still have nightmares about passing on Brady but this will be really bad because if Darnold is good and Rosen as well and Allen busts many heads will roll in Buffalo.....

Did i do this right???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that this one won't quite take off like some of the others...

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that this one won't quite take off like some of the others...

My first time making one of these....practice makes perfect

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually accuracy in college isn't a great predictor especially given the variance in systems trams play. Wyoming was pro style with FAR more downfield passing than most teams . It's the same reason guys from pass happy offenses have largely struggled transitioning. Allen has issues but college accuracy isn't high on that list . I didnt like amy of the QBS really but there's no way to know Buffalo missed for sure. Plenty if guys in the league right now had what would be considered subpar college completion percentage

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually accuracy in college isn't a great predictor especially given the variance in systems trams play. Wyoming was pro style with FAR more downfield passing than most teams . It's the same reason guys from pass happy offenses have largely struggled transitioning. Allen has issues but college accuracy isn't high on that list . I didnt like amy of the QBS really but there's no way to know Buffalo missed for sure. Plenty if guys in the league right now had what would be considered subpar college completion percentage
TRUE!!!!

You know what is predictive of multiple pro-bowlers, all-pros, etc? Production. Which Allen ranks the worst among 1st round QB's going back to 1958.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRUE!!!!

You know what is predictive of multiple pro-bowlers, all-pros, etc? Production. Which Allen ranks the worst among 1st round QB's going back to 1958.
It's a far better predictor but even that is predicated on opportunity which Allen didn't have much of. Wyoming just didn't throw it much. Weird but true

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Allen as a day 3 pick
Well I didn't have any of the QBS in my top 50 so as the 6th best QB id agree lol. Crazy that so many went in the first round considering i bet not one NFL team had any of them in the top 20 on their big board if you take need out

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's keep in mind the Bills did make the playoffs last season. What's changed since then?

Tyrod out, McCarron in. (Allen drafted)
Preston Brown out, Edmonds in.
Wood & Incognito retired. (Glenn traded)

I'm sure there are other changes but those are the ones that stand out to me.

The most obvious concern is the interior OL. Miller and Ducasse took turns being inadequate at RG last season. Groy has filled in capably at C when called on, but after that the depth chart goes downhill fast.

Allen is currently listed as 3rd on the depth chart. If Peterman has a good camp, and Allen struggles, Allen might not even dress, much less play, for the bulk of the season.

I expect the Bills to get off to a rough start, in large part due to the front-loaded road schedule. If they make it through that close to .500, they should hang around that mark for the remainder of the season, and possibly sneak into the playoffs as they did last year.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen doesn't pass the eye test and the level of competition is a much higher jump. I'm not saying it's a forgone conclusion that he will be a bust but the odds aren't in his favor. You can happily bump this post and tell me I'm wrong when he lights it up though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's keep in mind the Bills did make the playoffs last season. What's changed since then?

Tyrod out, McCarron in. (Allen drafted)
Preston Brown out, Edmonds in.
Wood & Incognito retired. (Glenn traded)

I'm sure there are other changes but those are the ones that stand out to me.

The most obvious concern is the interior OL. Miller and Ducasse took turns being inadequate at RG last season. Groy has filled in capably at C when called on, but after that the depth chart goes downhill fast.

Allen is currently listed as 3rd on the depth chart. If Peterman has a good camp, and Allen struggles, Allen might not even dress, much less play, for the bulk of the season.

I expect the Bills to get off to a rough start, in large part due to the front-loaded road schedule. If they make it through that close to .500, they should hang around that mark for the remainder of the season, and possibly sneak into the playoffs as they did last year.
so of those changes, none r good